Jets Offensive Coordinator Candidates?

SouthernJet

Pat Schurmur (power run guy, and likes to sustain offense with a "West Coast Style" passing game.)

Al Saunders (very respected offensive mind, Don Coryell trained and great with WRs)

Ken Whisenhunt (power running game and deep, play action passing game)

Norv Turner (play-caller, 'seen it all')

Chan Gailey ("run-first" guy, but likes to get the ball deep too)

More??

Pat Schurmur

Al Saunders

Ken Whisnehunt

Norv Turner

Jim Hostler

Chan Gailey

More??

After that debacle, this lsit must be amended.

Carrotop

Paulie Shore

Joe Piscopo

Jackie Martling

The corpse of Don Coryell

The Head Coach of the new York Jets is a joke.

Pat Schurmur (power run guy, and likes to sustain offense with a "West Coast Style" passing game.)

Al Saunders (very respected offensive mind, Don Coryell trained and great with WRs)

More??

Not a bad list, several run 1st but stretch the field guys.

Gailey did a nice job of getting Spiller involved this year.

Hill/Holmes would love Saunders. , but Saunders favored for Oak OC.

I think Kerley would thrive as a slot WR w/Schurmur.

Norv probably will sit or go to a team thats SB possible.

Whisenhunt maybe most fits what Rex may be looking for though.

More??

Probably going to be the guy Rex wanted to bring with him in 2009, but got vetoed/talked into/forced to keep Schotty. Hue Jackson, Rex coached with him in Baltimore, and was rumored to want him to come with him to the Jets in 2009. Here is what he did with the Oakland Raiders in 2011 with JASON CAMBELL at QB (if Hue comes I would guess so would Cambell, and maybe McFadden if he comes available).

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His total numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season. Making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

IMO we should blow it up, but that's probably not happening, Jets would have to go out, and get a straight burner at WR, probably 2 to compliment Hue's offense.

More??

Probably going to be the guy Rex wanted to bring with him in 2009, but got vetoed/talked into/forced to keep Schotty. Hue Jackson, Rex coached with him in Baltimore, and was rumored to want him to come with him to the Jets in 2009. Here is what he did with the Oakland Raiders in 2011 with JASON CAMBELL at QB (if Hue comes I would guess so would Cambell, and maybe McFadden if he comes available).

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His total numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season. Making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

IMO we should blow it up, but that's probably not happening, Jets would have to go out, and get a straight burner at WR, probably 2 to compliment Hue's offense.

Jackson was also a key cog in developing Chad Johnson, and TJ Houshmanzadeh in Cincy, and was given credit for Flacco's early success in 2009, and 2010. This could help with S Hill, and who ever our QB is.

Ya maybe. He may be leading inhouse candidate to replace Jay Gruden if he gets a HC gig, or Jay goes with Jon if he lands somewhere.

Ya maybe. He may be leading inhouse candidate to replace Jay Gruden if he gets a HC gig, or Jay goes with Jon if he lands somewhere.

Here is a list of the offensive coaches from the 2001 Washington Redskins, if we hired Hue this would be funny.

Offensive Coordinator – Jimmy Raye

Quarterbacks – Brian Schottenheimer

Running Backs – Hue Jackson

Wide Receivers – Richard Mann

Tight Ends – Tony Sparano

Offensive Line – Joe Pendry

Offensive Assistant/Quality Control – Pete Carmichael, Jr.

After that debacle, this lsit must be amended.

Carrotop

Paulie Shore

Joe Piscopo

Jackie Martling

The corpse of Don Coryell

The Head Coach of the new York Jets is a joke.

I would add

Woody Woodpecker,

though I have some concerns about his age.

More??

After today's press conference sounds like the Jets, and Rex might move to the spread, here is a link for anyone interested in reading about this offense, and how easy it actually makes things for a QB, and in this excerpt I'm gonna post below shows why M Sanchez can't succeed in this league, and IMO sounds like he is describing M Sanchez.

2. TIME

A big factor in pass protection is the quarterback's concept of how much time it should take for him to get the ball away. Many young quarterbacks have an unrealistic idea of what their protection should be like, and how much time the pro and college quarterbacks they watch on tv get to throw the ball. I coached one such quarterback this year. Early on in the season, if he was hit after the pass or he was pressured, at all, he would get down on the linemen. Over the summer, I had worked extensively with him on his drop and delivery, but he didn't get an adequate sense of the timing. What resulted was a kid who looked like an All-American in 7-on-7, but fell apart once a line was in front of him.

I addressed this by watching games on tv and timing how long it took for them to get the ball out of their hands from the snap of the ball. I timed both pros and colleges, and even timed one high school game (you'd be amazed with the HS kid from Buffalo who was beating the clock on the collegiates and the pros!). I tallied the results and was surprised, myself: The average was 2.3 seconds! I took this information to my QB, and drilled him in practice with a stop watch. The result was 209 yards passing the next game, against one of the toughest teams in the state.

Quarterbacks must develop a clock in their heads. There are two elements that go into getting the ball away quickly: 1) How quickly they set and make the decision to throw, and; 2) How quick a release they have (meaning, once they've made the decision to throw, how quickly they get rid of the ball). If their mechanics are lacking, they can only improve this time by making the decision faster, thereby reducing the number of reads they can make. If they have great mechanics, then they can take an extra read. Either way, you must drill the QB to get rid of the ball in the time you expect.

One more thing. The QB cannot wait for eye contact from the receiver before he delivers the ball. This should also be drilled, with the QB throwing on the break and the receiver looking for the ball in the air.

This element of time will assist greatly with pass protection.

Here is the link to the whole explanation of this offense for anyone interested.

http://www.spreadoffense.com/ssp/spread_pass_protections

Anyone have any clue of OC candidates who are willing to implement these ideas into a pro offense?

After today's press conference sounds like the Jets, and Rex might move to the spread, here is a link for anyone interested in reading about this offense, and how easy it actually makes things for a QB, and in this excerpt I'm gonna post below shows why M Sanchez can't succeed in this league, and IMO sounds like he is describing M Sanchez.

2. TIME

A big factor in pass protection is the quarterback's concept of how much time it should take for him to get the ball away. Many young quarterbacks have an unrealistic idea of what their protection should be like, and how much time the pro and college quarterbacks they watch on tv get to throw the ball. I coached one such quarterback this year. Early on in the season, if he was hit after the pass or he was pressured, at all, he would get down on the linemen. Over the summer, I had worked extensively with him on his drop and delivery, but he didn't get an adequate sense of the timing. What resulted was a kid who looked like an All-American in 7-on-7, but fell apart once a line was in front of him.

I addressed this by watching games on tv and timing how long it took for them to get the ball out of their hands from the snap of the ball. I timed both pros and colleges, and even timed one high school game (you'd be amazed with the HS kid from Buffalo who was beating the clock on the collegiates and the pros!). I tallied the results and was surprised, myself: The average was 2.3 seconds! I took this information to my QB, and drilled him in practice with a stop watch. The result was 209 yards passing the next game, against one of the toughest teams in the state.

Quarterbacks must develop a clock in their heads. There are two elements that go into getting the ball away quickly: 1) How quickly they set and make the decision to throw, and; 2) How quick a release they have (meaning, once they've made the decision to throw, how quickly they get rid of the ball). If their mechanics are lacking, they can only improve this time by making the decision faster, thereby reducing the number of reads they can make. If they have great mechanics, then they can take an extra read. Either way, you must drill the QB to get rid of the ball in the time you expect.

One more thing. The QB cannot wait for eye contact from the receiver before he delivers the ball. This should also be drilled, with the QB throwing on the break and the receiver looking for the ball in the air.

This element of time will assist greatly with pass protection.

Here is the link to the whole explanation of this offense for anyone interested.

http://www.spreadoff...ass_protections

Anyone have any clue of OC candidates who are willing to implement these ideas into a pro offense?

Lots of candidates if you are willing to go the College route. This style has been used in colleges for quite a few years now and the best 'strategists' are there.

Lots of candidates if you are willing to go the College route. This style has been used in colleges for quite a few years now and the best 'strategists' are there.

After reading the whole article I feel like I was reading an explanation to every single play the Patriots have run since 2011, the spread concept does not have to be a read option type offense as the Pats, and now the Falcons have proven in the NFL, sure if you can get an RGIII, or Wilson that would be icing on the cake, but its not necessary, WHAT IS NECESSARY is smart offensive football players with talent at almost every position except maybe the outside WR's, and the 3 smartest need to be QB, C, and slot WR/TE, or RB if you don't feature the slot like the Falcons, they use TE, and RB's.

Most college guys feature running offenses with this concept, gotta find one of the few who knows how to do it without the running aspect being the focus, mainly because we won't have that type of QB here.

Karl Dorrell or Chick Harris from the Texans? Pulling names out of the buttocks, but I like their offense.

If that's the case word on the street is the Raiders will fire Gregg Knapp, the Texans O-Coordinator in 2011, and earlier, I was screaming for him last year so I wouldn't be upset with that choice.

Tom Cable has NEVER been an offensive coordinator before, so ya he would make sense with the way the Jets go about hiring losers, and people not capable doing the job assigned to them.

Since Rex Ryan wants an "agressive" OC, a guy that gets into bar fights fits right in.

Archived