The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

Devils WIN! Bazinga !

I didn't get to catch the games due to a crazy weekend. Anything crazy happen?

Great weekend, the Pats are done and the only other exciting sport is back. I'm going to need the Devil's to come through for me tomorrow. I got them and the under 5.5. Lost my 20/1 parlay on a ****ing shootout tonight. God dam Predators.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brodeur gets his 120th SHUTOUT ... I wasn't able to catch the game yesterday either, BUT I did get a chance to hear it on the FAN so far I like the new lines.

Hockey Babe, yay or nay on the Devils today? I can't decide what to to with the Montreal game. These 2 and the Blackhawks are the only ones making me money so far and I need a betting interest in this game

Hockey Babe, yay or nay on the Devils today? I can't decide what to to with the Montreal game. These 2 and the Blackhawks are the only ones making me money so far and I need a betting interest in this game

I would have told you to bet on the Canadiens and the Red Wings so i would have been 1-1.

I knew starting the season 4-0 would have been to good to be true for us . -___-

I would have told you to bet on the Canadiens and the Red Wings so i would have been 1-1.

I knew starting the season 4-0 would have been to good to be true for us . -___-

It figures, I wound up going Blackhawks and Devils on those. The Islanders game's the one that cost me my parlay(As Usual), that's the last time I bet them with anything else........ up 2 goals with 7 minuets left and they blow it.

Surprisingly enough the Islanders one yesterday ... Leaving me anguished ...

4-4 and an OT .... What did you guys think of the game?

Obviously happy and had a few bucks on it, I would have loved to see them win it in regulation though so I could say we where 1st in the division even if it's only for a couple days haha

****ing Islanders, look decent to start the season then remind me why I hate them. Just traded for Tim Thomas so they can stay above the salary cap floor while not paying anyone and give the God Dam Bruins who already look like the best team in the east so far cap flexibility. They really know how to build excitement for the Brooklyn move.

****ing Islanders, look decent to start the season then remind me why I hate them. Just traded for Tim Thomas so they can stay above the salary cap floor while not paying anyone and give the God Dam Bruins who already look like the best team in the east so far cap flexibility. They really know how to build excitement for the Brooklyn move.

Gotta love Wang and his quest to stay above the cap floor....

We'll never be a top team again. We'll always be a mediocre team scratching its way to barely sneak in the playoffs.

Gotta love Wang and his quest to stay above the cap floor....

We'll never be a top team again. We'll always be a mediocre team scratching its way to barely sneak in the playoffs.

Disagree. When they get to brooklyn thy will almost magically be transformed into a big market team that will be attractive to free agents, and especially Russian players. There are a lot of Russians here. Wouldn't be shocked if the Colliseum lease somehow gets broken before 2015. 

Disagree. When they get to brooklyn thy will almost magically be transformed into a big market team that will be attractive to free agents, and especially Russian players. There are a lot of Russians here. Wouldn't be shocked if the Colliseum lease somehow gets broken before 2015. 

:rl:

I wish it would be true.  But...  it probably wont.  Islanders fans are doomed to failure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the panic button, Rangers fans. This team's 2 supposed top players, Richards and Gaborik, suck, and Nash is hurt. NOT GOOD.

Gaborik could be the most overpaid athlete in NY, and in a  city featuring A-rod cashing checks, it's saying something. Perhaps we could swap him for Cammi Granato or Holly Mangold(if Holly can at last stand in front of the net and try to take up some space blocking the goalie). He refuses to shoot the puck(preferring to pass it instead in every situation), he won't go in front of the net and if he goes into the corner the opposition defense is coming out with the puck.

Teams ice the puck without a 2nd thought  because the Rangers spare when Callahan is on the ice don't go to the net at all.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks bleak now, but the Rangers are not dead yet.

Wonder if Sather considering a coaching change. Doens't seem that Tortarella is getting through to them any more. Looks like teams have scouted their breakout patterns and have them covered, and Tortarella has no idea what to do next. But also Gaborik and Richards look totally lost.

Entirely plausible they could get into the playoffs and make some noise, but not with this offense.

205255_359281807522619_533898859_n.jpg

Archived