The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

What excuses have I made at all aside from giving the Bruins credit? You're freaking delusional. The Pens losing to the Bruins in the Eastern Conference Finals is not an epic failure. The Bruins have been on a tear since game 7 versus the Leafs and Rask has been playing out of his mind. A hot goalie can carry a team unlike any other sport. Even against the best scoring team in the league for the season.

You're the Sydney Crosby of mental gymnastics.

Who's going to be your new HC btw? After a non epic failure like this he's getting fired

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team is done and so am I with you. Enjoy stalking someone else on the boards.

It's been fun! I'll see you again for the Red Sox collapse I hope

Nutty fact of the day: One of only 4 teams to ever score 2 or less goals in a best of 7 series. As the Stanley Cup favorites! Craziness!

It's been fun! I'll see you again for the Red Sox collapse I hope

Nutty fact of the day: One of only 4 teams to ever score 2 or less goals in a best of 7 series. As the Stanley Cup favorites! Craziness!

At least the Rangers anemic offense beat them once.

• 2 weeks later...

The clutch and grab is back in Boston. This series so far has been an embarrassment. Apparennlty since Greg Campbell's dad runs the NHL office, the rulebook doesn't apply to them. The last minute and a half last night were a disgrace; we have a 2-goal lead, so punch every Blackhawk on ice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rangers embarrass themselves in San Jose. And for reasons known only to themselves keep Miiler, kreider and Lindberg in the minors to play a bunch of checking forwards, which is really absurd. Amazing that every year of the Sather regime the Rangers struggle to score and now with an easy in house solution they insist penalty killing is more important and as if the young guys have no idea how to do it.

Rangers embarrass themselves in San Jose. And for reasons known only to themselves keep Miiler, kreider and Lindberg in the minors to play a bunch of checking forwards, which is really absurd. Amazing that every year of the Sather regime the Rangers struggle to score and now with an easy in house solution they insist penalty killing is more important and as if the young guys have no idea how to do it.

And again last night.

Vigneault is not long for this job if they keep playing like this. I mean you do have to play some defense. Don't you ?

I would not be the least bit surprised if Sather makes the call to Messier and gets him in here before Christmas.

And again last night.

Vigneault is not long for this job if they keep playing like this. I mean you do have to play some defense. Don't you ?

I would not be the least bit surprised if Sather makes the call to Messier and gets him in here before Christmas.

AV has a 5 year contract, which is crazy on its face. The constant gum-cheing is really annoying, but not nearlya s mcuh as watching ihis team. I understand there is an adjustment with a new coach, but doens;t seem like Patrick Roy is having these kinds of problems and he is incorporating younger guys into hism lineup. I really don't understand why the Rangers feel compelled to bring on these guys like Moore, Asham, Pyatt, Poillon, instad of playing their kids. These guys really give you nothing, teams know playing the Rangers is an easy night; no hitting and spare Callahan and Nash no real big worry.

DelZotto hasn't been dumped because Sather bidding against himself gave him a big ass contract for reasons known only himself. He doesn't play defense and he doesn't score.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived