Brooks " Bollywood" Bollinger Picked Miami Apart

Smizzy

You must have ONLY seen Bollywood in this game and missed his 5 INT game.

BZ

yup...b/c no 1st year starter should ever struggle...thats just ridiculous, i mean, this is the NFL for crying out loud!

come on guys, get a grip, bollywood is gonna end up as pretty darn good backup,not a starter, but not CFL suck-worthy, ur just pissy cuz our team as a whole sucks. Its not his fault, and dont fault him for the last drive either bit, as has been said before im pretty sure he wasnt the one calling those plays

yup...b/c no 1st year starter should ever struggle...thats just ridiculous, i mean, this is the NFL for crying out loud!

come on guys, get a grip, bollywood is gonna end up as pretty darn good backup,not a starter, but not CFL suck-worthy, ur just pissy cuz our team as a whole sucks. Its not his fault, and dont fault him for the last drive either bit, as has been said before im pretty sure he wasnt the one calling those plays

=D>=D>=D>=D>

People Forget That Penne was god awful his rook year

Since Penny can't be cut due to his contract, he becomes #2. I'd sign Kitna as a free agent to be the starter next year.

and maybe im the only one that remembers kitna was HORRIBLE all but one year of his career? but then again...what are our other options...phillip rivers? aaron brooks? chris wienke(lol)? maybe we should just call mr. quincy carter back up...offer him an "incentive laden" deal. :lol::lol::lol:

that is brilliant a $64m backup

I didn't give him that contract. Problem is you don't really have any other choice. He counts as much on the cap if you cut him next year than if you keep him. May as well keep him for one more year to see if he ever heals up.

I didn't give him that contract. Problem is you don't really have any other choice. He counts as much on the cap if you cut him next year than if you keep him. May as well keep him for one more year to see if he ever heals up.

The Jets will place PennyBoy on the IR for the entire 2006 season and deal with him next year.

You heard it here first. :wink:

The Jets will place PennyBoy on the IR for the entire 2006 season and deal with him next year.

You heard it here first. :wink:

well just stop the presses then :roll:

what would be the purpose of that ( serious question here...) do they have to pay him all if he is on IR?

well just stop the presses then :roll:

what would be the purpose of that ( serious question here...) do they have to pay him all if he is on IR?

Players on IR receive their salary.

What it will do is free up another roster position and if I'm not mistaken, PennyBoy's cap hit will be significantly less (if they release him) in 2007 versus 2006.

From our cap guru aec4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm posting this in it's own thread so you can all see. Of course, the data I have is not 100% perfect, but based on it, here is the cap situation.

Before 2004, the Jets and Pennington agreed on a 7 year, 64.2M contract. He was given an 18M signing bonus at that point, 2M roster bonus before 2005, and is due a 3M roster bonus before 2006. The 2M roster bonus was guaranteed, but the upcoming one is not. Here are his base salaries:

2004 1000000.00

2005 1000000.00

2006 6000000.00

2007 4000000.00

2008 6000000.00

2009 7000000.00

2010 6300000.00

2011 10172000.00

Since the CBA only allowed the signing bonus (18M) to be on the cap for 6 years (3M per year) because it needs to be renegotiated, here are the cap hits:

2004: 4M

2005: 6M (1M + 3M signing + 2M roster)

2006: 12M (6M + 3M signing + 3M roster)

2007: 7M

2008: 9M

2009: 10M

2010: 6.3M

2011: 10.172M

Now, the real question.. cutting him, or trading him...

If he's cut after the following seasons, prior to June 1, here are the details. I'm not sure of the date of the signing bonus in 2006, but most likely, it's in March, so he wouldn't be able to be cut after June 1, since w'ed have to pay the bonus..

2006: 0 net cap hit. He's going to cost 12M on the cap regardless. Why? If he's cut, all 12M accelerates.

2007: 9M accelerates, but 7M comes off, which means it costs us 2M to cut him. Having him on the team would save us 2M

2008: 6M accelerated, but 9M comes off, saving us 3M

2009: 3M accelerates, but 9M comes off, saving us 6M

2010: 6.3M comes off, 0 accelerates

2011: 10.172M comes off, 0 accelerates

In other words, if we do not cut him after this season, he's on the team thru the 2007 season

My gut feeling? The contract was set up to be restructured, and even a simple restructuring (which we may not want to do) which turns 9M owed to him into bonus (stretched over only 4 seasons since that's all that would be allowed without a CBA extension) would reduce CHad's cap # from 12M to 5.25M, saving 6.75M. I bet we ask him to take some cuts, or move some money to incentives based on playing time.

Players on IR receive their salary.

What it will do is free up another roster position and if I'm not mistaken, PennyBoy's cap hit will be significantly less (if they release him) in 2007 versus 2006.

i guess i was hoping for an answer from someone who might know something... but thanks for trying ;)

the mark of a really good QB to take it to the next level is their ability to pull out victories- many times when he and or the team really were outplayed the whole game.

Bollinger is a tough QB and has some mobility that helps but he IMO will never be a starter in the NFL

A decent reserve to fill in is what I see as his future- sorry jetstone just my opinion

the mark of a really good QB to take it to the next level is their ability to pull out victories- many times when he and or the team really were outplayed the whole game.

Bollinger is a tough QB and has some mobility that helps but he IMO will never be a starter in the NFL

A decent reserve to fill in is what I see as his future- sorry jetstone just my opinion

we will see... hopefully your wrong for the Jets stake and bolly's sake

but hopefully we all can agree with this Brooks Bollinger is the best 3rd string QB in the NFL

28/42 327yds -2Td's 0 Int's

Not a bad turn around.

Very impressive day considering that we threw the kitchen sink at him and he sat back with excellent composure ... better than super QB Brees last week. However, I would say that he wouldn't have gotten 300 yards if not for that bogus pass interference call on 4th down;) Still, he's the first quarterback to throw 300+ yards against us in about 45 straight games.

• 6 years later...

Archived