Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

JoeC36

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who watched the press conference knew that this was going to happen. Our GM isn't going to be Gamble, Caldwell, or Ross. We would have signed one of them by now. Fact is they probably didn't want to come here after interviewing because they realized that this organization is a joke. It's a circus. The GM will be Cohen and he will be Rex Ryan's puppet.

Maybe that was the plan all along. Now stay tuned to the introductory presser where Woody sings about how he was blown away in the interview by Scott.

Want to understand-how exactly would Jimmy Haslem introduce Scott Cohn as the man to replace Mike Holmgren as GM? How would you sell that to your fan base, and how could you look in the mirror afterward?

The Jets are playing us. The headhunter, the vaunted search, toiday's press conference, all smoke and mirrors to cover up that until further notice the overgrown child named Rex Ryan is running the whole damn show.

It makes sense. If Woody is handing the keys over to Rex, why not hire somebody who has no pedigree or real experience to question anything Rex says. And if it doesn't work out, He will be the scapegoat for what ails the Jets. It really does seem like Rex, Woody, and even Sanchez will be here for the long haul.

It'll be depressing if Scott is announced as GM. Because at that point it seems like Rex will have to be sent to prison before he ever gets fired. And no matter what Rex does or says, he won't get the blame. And there will be no accountability or somebody to tell Rex he's being an idiot.

Anyone who watched the press conference knew that this was going to happen. Our GM isn't going to be Gamble, Caldwell, or Ross. We would have signed one of them by now. Fact is they probably didn't want to come here after interviewing because they realized that this organization is a joke. It's a circus. The GM will be Cohen and he will be Rex Ryan's puppet.

POTWN...the new guy absolutely NAILS it with this one...

If Cohen is announced as GM its game over. Start rooting for another team. You want to have a fanbase revolution then promote Cohen. Ignore all the signs which point to needing a fresh view on the Jets Operations.

WOODY LISTEN WELL....IF YOU HIRE COHEN YOU WILL HAVE A REVOLT ON YOUR HANDS. THE JETS FANBASE WILL CEASE TO EXIST. BYE BYE TO ANY CREDIBILITY. You will become the new Mike Brown and we will become the SOJ and the Bungles all in one.

Maybe it's time to finally jump ship on this team and organization...........

not possible for me to root for another NFL team-it's time to quit watching ALL sports now...football was the last one i could stand watching...now that one too....is going, going, gon...

It makes sense. If Woody is handing the keys over to Rex, why not hire somebody who has no pedigree or real experience to question anything Rex says. And if it doesn't work out, He will be the scapegoat for what ails the Jets. It really does seem like Rex, Woody, and even Sanchez will be here for the long haul.

It'll be depressing if Scott is announced as GM. Because at that point it seems like Rex will have to be sent to prison before he ever gets fired. And no matter what Rex does or says, he won't get the blame. And there will be no accountability or somebody to tell Rex he's being an idiot.

Well, I know Rex is an idiot and that is good enough for me. It has to be.

If Cohen is announced as GM its game over. Start rooting for another team. You want to have a fanbase revolution then promote Cohen. Ignore all the signs which point to needing a fresh view on the Jets Operations.

WOODY LISTEN WELL....IF YOU HIRE COHEN YOU WILL HAVE A REVOLT ON YOUR HANDS. THE JETS FANBASE WILL CEASE TO EXIST. BYE BYE TO ANY CREDIBILITY. You will become the new Mike Brown and we will become the SOJ and the Bungles all in one.

If it happens Im rooting for 0-16. It's the ONLY way. The fan base would have to MAKE Woody sell the team with 8 empty stadiums per.

Rock bottom were more than half way there and dropping. Lets hit China!!!

not possible for me to root for another NFL team-it's time to quit watching ALL sports now...football was the last one i could stand watching...now that one too....is going, going, gon...

No, hear me out. Don't root for anyone, just root against the Jets until Woody and everyone else is gone. The only way we'll ever see a Super Bowl.

Think Jacobs Ladder. Hold my hand, it'll be all right!

It's not a matter of if Cohen will be hired it's a matter of when the announcement will be made. Get ready fellow Jet fans. Scott Cohen will be our new GM. Now let the speculation begin on who Rex will hand pick to be his OC.

No, hear me out. Don't root for anyone, just root against the Jets until Woody and everyone else is gone. The only way we'll ever see a Super Bowl.

Hey Hess, maybe I was right all along, maybe we WOULD have been better off with the Dolans winning the Jets over Johnson &....at least the Jets would be playing their games in Jets Stadium on the West Side of Manhattan instead of sharing one with the Giants who already own the new one-just like they owned the old one

Has anybody really ever forced an owner to sell a team? A bunch of fans on a forum is nice, but people still go to games. How many blackouts did the Jets have this year? I don't know as I live in Southern California. The Chargers have had more than a few. And they fired the GM and HC and a bunch of others. Fans didn't hate Norv. Hell there were lots of nice goodbyes by the fans and media. They just didn't like him as a HC. Rex seems to garner a lot of hatred or dislike, not because of his coaching, but because of his mouth.

Who knows. What owner is ever forced to leave because fans don't show up? Seattle did that cause the owner sucked and the team sucked and he up and moved the Sonics to OKC. And there were huge fights to keep that team in Seattle. So if nobody shows up and the Jets stink, Woody might just move the team to Los Angeles or wherever. I guess a lot of fans would be happy. But a lot wouldn't. It's depressing to have an owner who doesn't seem to care if the Jets win or lose.

had to be. Again....you DON'T keep the coach and fire the GM.

Nobody credible will come.

Wow just wow.

I am not sure about that. If there is a more qualified guy to be HC that the JETS could bring in, I would be all for a HC change.

But just changing a HC as an ego centric move by the next GM is something that should get the GM candidate out of town on the next flight. Think that;s what happened with Gamble.

If the JETS are smart they are telling the next GM he can make decision on the HC by next season (if he does not have a winning season) or 2 seasons when his contract expires. If he is not winning he should be gone and the GM can hire a new HC.

But right now it looks like Woody just wants to promote Cohen in house so the keys of the organization are essentially in Rex's hands. That would be AWFUL.

Rex may be a great defensive coach and a decent HC that can lead the team but he is not a personnel guy. If Rex is in charge of everything expect to see some seasons that may have people longing for the Kotite era!

Hey Hess, maybe I was right all along, maybe we WOULD have been better off with the Dolans winning the Jets over Johnson &....at least the Jets would be playing their games in Jets Stadium on the West Side of Manhattan instead of sharing one with the Giants who already own the new one-just like they owned the old one

we could have, at least had...something to hang our hats on.

we could have, at least had...something to hang our hats on.

and let's face it bro, they couldn't possibly BE any worse than the clueless, unconcerned clown that we have owning the team now. Why couldn't Woody have been given the same advice his brother gave his nephew on that HBO special a few years back-take up either collecting old maps or philately (stamp collecting). Anybody else remember that show?

Archived