Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeC36

Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

157 posts in this topic

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

This is going to happen. I hope there are 50K empty seats for every game next season.

I'm sure the interview went something like this:

Woody: Do you want a raise in your pay and the title of GM?

Cohen: Yes

Woody: I'll give you the job but you have to defer all roster decisions to Rex.

Cohen: O.k.

Rob and GM Rex would probably do their draft prep the night before in a tittie bar covered in spunky body lotion, Bud Light and chicken wings with a few magazines they picked up at 7/11 on the way.Yeah, Woody-you can hang with us big dogs, man!Bring another stack of singles!

the worst part is that this would be an improvement from what Tanny's done the last few years.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

This is going to happen. I hope there are 50K empty seats for every game next season.

Was just talking to my wife tonight about people who are great interviewers and terrible job performers, under qualified in every way. This is eerie...

I'm sure the interview went something like this:

Woody: Do you want a raise in your pay and the title of GM?

Cohen: Yes

Woody: I'll give you the job but you have to defer all roster decisions to Rex.

Cohen: O.k.

Strong interviewer, Gamble/Ross/Caldwell should take notice

I love this team but in the long run it doesn't much matter. the excitement of the games is all that really matters. I want the product to be better but a ring doesn't change any1's day to day.

Yeah, but I'd probably get a new hat out of that deal. Maybe even a sweatshirt.

Poor Scotty, guy could be the best GM ever in the making and it wont matter because he worked under Tanny and therefore gets lumped with his awful decisions, even though we have no idea to what extent Cohen was for or against these decisions. The Jets should know though, and I can't see why they'd hire someone who was on board with everything done by the man we just fired.

If he's genuinely the most impressive, give him a shot.

Poor Scotty, guy could be the best GM ever in the making and it wont matter because he worked under Tanny and therefore gets lumped with his awful decisions, even though we have no idea to what extent Cohen was for or against these decisions. The Jets should know though, and I can't see why they'd hire someone who was on board with everything done by the man we just fired.

I don't think the major complaint is that Cohen may or may not be talented at player evaluation. The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

Chargers Owner Spanos: So, Tom, tell us a little about yourself.

Tom Gamble: Well, I'm a nazi sympathizer and I usually like to spend three weeks in Cabo right before the draft and your wife looks like a fat lesbian.

BAM!! Because fat lesbians are like the worst ones!

That would be so stupid 2 say in an interview also and I would never say anything that is so dumb. Right?

I don't think the major complaint is that Cohen may or may not be talented at player evaluation. The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

Which is no more of an assumption than Cohen genuinely being a good candidate.

I know everyone likes to think Woody Johnson exists only to piss Jets fans off, that everything he says is nothing but propaganda to fuel his evil empire of suck, and a lot of it is, but I'm not going to kill the idea before it's put into practice. When we trade a 1st for Percy Harvin, I'll strangle Cohen myself.

The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

His major qualification is that he's not in any position to decline what increasingly looks like it's going to be a one and done gig. It seems like we're planning to just take our medicine and chalk 2013 up as a lost season, which is why we're promoting disposable guys like Thurman and Cohen for Rex's walk year. The Jets HC/GM jobs will be a lot more attractive in a year than they are now.

His major qualification is that he's not in any position to decline what increasingly looks like it's going to be a one and done gig. It seems like we're planning to just take our medicine and chalk 2013 up as a lost season, which is why we're promoting disposable guys like Thurman and Cohen for Rex's walk year. The Jets HC/GM jobs will be a lot more attractive in a year than they are now.

I sincerely hope you're correct, but it's really difficult to think of Woody as a rational actor.

Id agree if it werent for this whole Korn Ferry nonsense.

They may be stupid, but they're arrogant. I can't believe that any of the major players think they're not locked in for another four years, minimum.

Yeah, but I'd probably get a new hat out of that deal. Maybe even a sweatshirt.

and 100 years from now, no one will care. All we really have is the moment, might as well try to enjoy it.

We hired Korn /Ferry to do what?

Not hire David Caldwell, the CLEAR top candidate.

Ugh. I bet Scott Cohen is your dad and Hitler was your grandfather.

and 100 years from now, no one will care. All we really have is the moment, might as well try to enjoy it.

I am guessing you found a girl and are in love. Congrats!

Ugh. I bet Scott Cohen is your dad and Hitler was your grandfather.

Maybe if the new GM had blonde hair, blue eyes, hailed from Germany...who knows.

With Gaine and Telesco being added onto the list, hopefully this is a good sign that Cohen isn't going to be happening.

With Gaine and Telesco being added onto the list, hopefully this is a good sign that Cohen isn't going to be happening.

Looks like Telesco is heading to the Chargers. And Gaine? How is he any better than Cohen? The Dolphins have been a far worse organization than the Jets. I would not really consider Gaine as GM as a step up.

I'm with pedro. Gaine came up through the Jets and Dolphins FOs. Dunno that he'd be any better than Cohen,

Been thinking about the candidate list during podcast prep. And I realized that not only should the Jets not be considering Cohen, they should get the list of all the Browns candidates and not consider any of them either.

They just shouldn't hire from within for this position. I like Rex a lot. But they have given him more than enough power. Bring in someone from another organization that is doing well now and let's move forward.

Looks like Telesco is heading to the Chargers. And Gaine? How is he any better than Cohen? The Dolphins have been a far worse organization than the Jets. I would not really consider Gaine as GM as a step up.

I'm with pedro. Gaine came up through the Jets and Dolphins FOs. Dunno that he'd be any better than Cohen,

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either are actually good candidates. I'm just hoping it means Cohen isn't a real option. What can I say, I'm grasping at straws to try to have some slight shred of optimism here. This team doesn't make it easy.