• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#26 bmd71

bmd71

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

It's not a matter of if Cohen will be hired it's a matter of when the announcement will be made. Get ready fellow Jet fans. Scott Cohen will be our new GM. Now let the speculation begin on who Rex will hand pick to be his OC.

#27 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Maybe it's time to finally jump ship on this team and organization...........

NEVER!
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#28 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

NEVER!

U HAVE TO ROOT AGAINST THEM NEXT YEAR. YOU MUST!!!!

Rock bottom friends. Empty seats. Lets do this together!!!!!

#29 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,776 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

No, hear me out. Don't root for anyone, just root against the Jets until Woody and everyone else is gone. The only way we'll ever see a Super Bowl.

Think Jacobs Ladder. Hold my hand, it'll be all right!

Hey Hess, maybe I was right all along, maybe we WOULD have been better off with the Dolans winning the Jets over Johnson &....at least the Jets would be playing their games in Jets Stadium on the West Side of Manhattan instead of sharing one with the Giants who already own the new one-just like they owned the old one

#30 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

No, hear me out. Don't root for anyone, just root against the Jets until Woody and everyone else is gone. The only way we'll ever see a Super Bowl.

Think Jacobs Ladder. Hold my hand, it'll be all right!

Has anybody really ever forced an owner to sell a team? A bunch of fans on a forum is nice, but people still go to games. How many blackouts did the Jets have this year? I don't know as I live in Southern California. The Chargers have had more than a few. And they fired the GM and HC and a bunch of others. Fans didn't hate Norv. Hell there were lots of nice goodbyes by the fans and media. They just didn't like him as a HC. Rex seems to garner a lot of hatred or dislike, not because of his coaching, but because of his mouth.

Who knows. What owner is ever forced to leave because fans don't show up? Seattle did that cause the owner sucked and the team sucked and he up and moved the Sonics to OKC. And there were huge fights to keep that team in Seattle. So if nobody shows up and the Jets stink, Woody might just move the team to Los Angeles or wherever. I guess a lot of fans would be happy. But a lot wouldn't. It's depressing to have an owner who doesn't seem to care if the Jets win or lose.

#31 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

had to be. Again....you DON'T keep the coach and fire the GM.

Nobody credible will come.

Wow just wow.

I am not sure about that. If there is a more qualified guy to be HC that the JETS could bring in, I would be all for a HC change.

But just changing a HC as an ego centric move by the next GM is something that should get the GM candidate out of town on the next flight. Think that;s what happened with Gamble.

If the JETS are smart they are telling the next GM he can make decision on the HC by next season (if he does not have a winning season) or 2 seasons when his contract expires. If he is not winning he should be gone and the GM can hire a new HC.

But right now it looks like Woody just wants to promote Cohen in house so the keys of the organization are essentially in Rex's hands. That would be AWFUL.

Rex may be a great defensive coach and a decent HC that can lead the team but he is not a personnel guy. If Rex is in charge of everything expect to see some seasons that may have people longing for the Kotite era!

#32 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hey Hess, maybe I was right all along, maybe we WOULD have been better off with the Dolans winning the Jets over Johnson &....at least the Jets would be playing their games in Jets Stadium on the West Side of Manhattan instead of sharing one with the Giants who already own the new one-just like they owned the old one

we could have, at least had...something to hang our hats on.

#33 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

At least that 200k to Korn & Ferry is probably a write off

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#34 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Guys, let's relax here. This HAS to be a non-story and that Woody is going to do the right thing and get a qualified candidate, outside of the organization.

You don't spend a couple hundred thousand dollars for a search company, and then hire internally. No one is that stupid.
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#35 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,776 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

we could have, at least had...something to hang our hats on.

and let's face it bro, they couldn't possibly BE any worse than the clueless, unconcerned clown that we have owning the team now. Why couldn't Woody have been given the same advice his brother gave his nephew on that HBO special a few years back-take up either collecting old maps or philately (stamp collecting). Anybody else remember that show?

#36 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

U HAVE TO ROOT AGAINST THEM NEXT YEAR. YOU MUST!!!!

Rock bottom friends. Empty seats. Lets do this together!!!!!

Not going to any games.

Most games wont be on locally.

Not buying any jerseys since I hate this team
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#37 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,230 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Guys, let's relax here. This HAS to be a non-story and that Woody is going to do the right thing and get a qualified candidate, outside of the organization.

You don't spend a couple hundred thousand dollars for a search company, and then hire internally. No one is that stupid.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, did you miss todays press conference? Woody is that stupid

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#38 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,776 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

oh man, I can't WAIT until you have to eat those words Scotty...one would THINK that no one is that stupid...Woody Johnson takes it to a whole nuther level my friend...

#39 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

:rl:

Stop using the logical side of your brain!

#40 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

:scare:

#41 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

This organization needs a CULTURE shift and a CHANGE in the way that they are conducting business, evaluating players and developing talent.

This would be an unmitigated disaster

Never going to happen with a clueless fool as an owner. The rot is from the top.
Tank for Teddy.

#42 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,701 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Never going to happen with a clueless fool as an owner. The rot is from the top.

Caldwell back for second interview

January, 8, 2013
Jan 8
2:26
PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.comFLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets could be getting closer to naming a new general manager.

Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, whom they interviewed last Friday, was brought back for a second interview, according to sources.

Caldwell is in demand. He already has interviewed three times with the Jaguars for their GM vacancy.

The Jets have interviewed at least four candidates for the job, including 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen.

Gamble was considered the early favorite, but Caldwell started to gain momentum over the weekend as team officials evaluated the situation. It's not known if Gamble was invited back for a second interview.

Owner Woody Johnson, speaking Tuesday at a news conference, declined to comment on the search. He did, however, confirm that the new GM won't have the power to fire Rex Ryan this offseason. Johnson wouldn't say if the GM would have that power in 2014. The GM will have final say on personnel, the owner said.

Johnson's desire to retain Ryan probably reduced the pool of interested candidates, although he insisted that isn't the case.

"They know he's a good coach," Johnson said, revealing that Ryan will be involved in the search.

#43 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,039 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh man. I hate HATE that I chose to root for this team.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#44 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,484 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

maybe you guys should see if this actually happens. Ya know. before you cry about it.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#45 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Oh man. I hate HATE that I chose to root for this team.

People CHOOSE to be a Jets fan? :rl: Dumbass.

#46 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

maybe you guys should see if this actually happens. Ya know. before you cry about it.

This is the only way to drive post counts. Max asked us to post more so he makes more ad money.

And also it makes it look like we care... As Woody said, if we didnt care we wouldnt be posting or calling into shows or threatening to cancel our PSL's

#47 NJ

NJ

Make 6 Go Away

• Members
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image
NATION....... JETNATION

#48 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,372 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

If the Jets actually do this, we'll have to come up with a whole new phrase to describe this team. Still using the phrase "same old Jets" would be far too great of an insult to dare compare these guys to any of those past teams, regardless of if they had as few as one win. Nothing can possibly compare to a team who would not once, but twice in a row, hire their GM in-house, both times after coming off of laughably horrendous seasons which he had a hand in, that included a roster of crappy starting talent with absolutely zero depth.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#49 CM28

CM28

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationStockholm Sweden

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nightmare. This franchise needs a strong voice from the outside, period. There hasn't been any fresh air in the front office since Parcells left.

I 100% agree, as do all others(?) in here. But what I can not grasp is why Woody is prepared to screw us all over once again? He will loose a big part of the fanbase and that will cost him big bucks. I am prepared to let Rex stay one more year and evaluate after that. But why oh why give him this divine power? He should be afraid of loosing his job after next season and how could anybody describe that wt as sophisticated is beyond me.

I can´t understand why a man would love to throw all credability and future out the window. The Jets are already the laughing stock of the league, now is the time to change all of that. Not build on it. This is absolute bullsh*t.

#50 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,337 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

ahahahahahaha

well if the god damn Browns are interested then we better hurry up and sign this bitch.

072713-Texas-Aggies-Johnny-Manziel-LA-PI

Proud Member of the AVM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users