Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

JoeC36

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the Jets can screw up this chance to get a real football GM in here not another Rex puppet. After today's presser, all they are going to get is a puppet for a GM. Unbelievable how poorly this franchise is run. Its going to fail and take years to fix this ship of fools.

Rob and GM Rex would probably do their draft prep the night before in a tittie bar covered in spunky body lotion, Bud Light and chicken wings with a few magazines they picked up at 7/11 on the way.Yeah, Woody-you can hang with us big dogs, man!Bring another stack of singles!

It's pretty clear that Caldwell played the Jets to get more money from the Jags, which reports are that he did.

If the team goes with Cohen they will continue to get absolutely roasted by the media and fans. There's really no excuse to go with Cohen who was part of the failed regime to begin with.

LOL!

Rob and GM Rex would probably do their draft prep the night before in a tittie bar covered in spunky body lotion, Bud Light and chicken wings with a few magazines they picked up at 7/11 on the way.Yeah, Woody-you can hang with us big dogs, man!Bring another stack of singles!

Maybe it's what we all need Bugg-to be hypnotized like Peter so we all just really don't even care anymore

Imagine woody firing the whole staff, cutting mark and then selling the team to someone "smart"

wouldn't make this board happy,

gotta compartmentalize. When the Jets are on tv we can live or die with them. after that If you get beat, be like a DB and put it away.

I love this team but in the long run it doesn't much matter. the excitement of the games is all that really matters. I want the product to be better but a ring doesn't change any1's day to day.

Imagine woody firing the whole staff, cutting mark and then selling the team to someone "smart"

wouldn't make this board happy,

gotta compartmentalize. When the Jets are on tv we can live or die with them. after that If you get beat, be like a DB and put it away.

I love this team but in the long run it doesn't much matter. the excitement of the games is all that really matters. I want the product to be better but a ring doesn't change any1's day to day.

Or....just not watch, and not spend any money ON the NFL-that's where this house is now...there will be no 2013 DTV Sunday Ticket that I can absolutely guarantee you-the wife and son don't even want it-they did this year, next though-we are done

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

This is going to happen. I hope there are 50K empty seats for every game next season.

I'm sure the interview went something like this:

Woody: Do you want a raise in your pay and the title of GM?

Cohen: Yes

Woody: I'll give you the job but you have to defer all roster decisions to Rex.

Cohen: O.k.

the worst part is that this would be an improvement from what Tanny's done the last few years.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Hear that Scott Cohen was very impressive during interview today. Jets could end up promoting their assistant GM to GM

This is going to happen. I hope there are 50K empty seats for every game next season.

Was just talking to my wife tonight about people who are great interviewers and terrible job performers, under qualified in every way. This is eerie...

I'm sure the interview went something like this:

Woody: Do you want a raise in your pay and the title of GM?

Cohen: Yes

Woody: I'll give you the job but you have to defer all roster decisions to Rex.

Cohen: O.k.

Strong interviewer, Gamble/Ross/Caldwell should take notice

Yeah, but I'd probably get a new hat out of that deal. Maybe even a sweatshirt.

Poor Scotty, guy could be the best GM ever in the making and it wont matter because he worked under Tanny and therefore gets lumped with his awful decisions, even though we have no idea to what extent Cohen was for or against these decisions. The Jets should know though, and I can't see why they'd hire someone who was on board with everything done by the man we just fired.

If he's genuinely the most impressive, give him a shot.

Poor Scotty, guy could be the best GM ever in the making and it wont matter because he worked under Tanny and therefore gets lumped with his awful decisions, even though we have no idea to what extent Cohen was for or against these decisions. The Jets should know though, and I can't see why they'd hire someone who was on board with everything done by the man we just fired.

If he's genuinely the most impressive, give him a shot.

I don't think the major complaint is that Cohen may or may not be talented at player evaluation. The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

Chargers Owner Spanos: So, Tom, tell us a little about yourself.

Tom Gamble: Well, I'm a nazi sympathizer and I usually like to spend three weeks in Cabo right before the draft and your wife looks like a fat lesbian.

BAM!! Because fat lesbians are like the worst ones!

That would be so stupid 2 say in an interview also and I would never say anything that is so dumb. Right?

I don't think the major complaint is that Cohen may or may not be talented at player evaluation. The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

Which is no more of an assumption than Cohen genuinely being a good candidate.

I know everyone likes to think Woody Johnson exists only to piss Jets fans off, that everything he says is nothing but propaganda to fuel his evil empire of suck, and a lot of it is, but I'm not going to kill the idea before it's put into practice. When we trade a 1st for Percy Harvin, I'll strangle Cohen myself.

The complaint is that he's being hired solely to serve as an errand boy for Rex and Woody, and that, right now, is his major qualification.

His major qualification is that he's not in any position to decline what increasingly looks like it's going to be a one and done gig. It seems like we're planning to just take our medicine and chalk 2013 up as a lost season, which is why we're promoting disposable guys like Thurman and Cohen for Rex's walk year. The Jets HC/GM jobs will be a lot more attractive in a year than they are now.

His major qualification is that he's not in any position to decline what increasingly looks like it's going to be a one and done gig. It seems like we're planning to just take our medicine and chalk 2013 up as a lost season, which is why we're promoting disposable guys like Thurman and Cohen for Rex's walk year. The Jets HC/GM jobs will be a lot more attractive in a year than they are now.

I sincerely hope you're correct, but it's really difficult to think of Woody as a rational actor.

Id agree if it werent for this whole Korn Ferry nonsense.

They may be stupid, but they're arrogant. I can't believe that any of the major players think they're not locked in for another four years, minimum.

Archived