Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

JoeC36

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Scotty, guy could be the best GM ever in the making and it wont matter because he worked under Tanny and therefore gets lumped with his awful decisions, even though we have no idea to what extent Cohen was for or against these decisions. The Jets should know though, and I can't see why they'd hire someone who was on board with everything done by the man we just fired.

If he's genuinely the most impressive, give him a shot.

Ugh. I bet Scott Cohen is your dad and Hitler was your grandfather.

With Gaine and Telesco being added onto the list, hopefully this is a good sign that Cohen isn't going to be happening.

Looks like Telesco is heading to the Chargers. And Gaine? How is he any better than Cohen? The Dolphins have been a far worse organization than the Jets. I would not really consider Gaine as GM as a step up.

Been thinking about the candidate list during podcast prep. And I realized that not only should the Jets not be considering Cohen, they should get the list of all the Browns candidates and not consider any of them either.

They just shouldn't hire from within for this position. I like Rex a lot. But they have given him more than enough power. Bring in someone from another organization that is doing well now and let's move forward.

Looks like Telesco is heading to the Chargers. And Gaine? How is he any better than Cohen? The Dolphins have been a far worse organization than the Jets. I would not really consider Gaine as GM as a step up.

I'm with pedro. Gaine came up through the Jets and Dolphins FOs. Dunno that he'd be any better than Cohen,

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either are actually good candidates. I'm just hoping it means Cohen isn't a real option. What can I say, I'm grasping at straws to try to have some slight shred of optimism here. This team doesn't make it easy.

They just shouldn't hire from within for this position. I like Rex a lot. But they have given him more than enough power. Bring in someone from another organization that is doing well now and let's move forward.

agree, BUT goldarnit, no one wants to come :(

I'm with pedro. Gaine came up through the Jets and Dolphins FOs. Dunno that he'd be any better than Cohen,

He's probably not, but Woody and his peeps probably realized that they wouldn't be able to handle the media and fan backlash if they hired Tannenbaum's lacky to replace him.

That's like having a revolution to depose a dictator and then having the dictator's son be the president.

Archived