• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

what does that mean? Rex has a contract. terminating that contract early means huge money in rex's pocket for doing nothing. woody can wait 1 year and fire Rex for free. this seems like the rational thing to do.

I see alot of comments about Woody, and i'm not saying he's an amazing owner, but he's pretty much what you want in an owner. Stays out of the day-to-day and doesn't meddle. When he fired Tanny at least he knew enough to know he needed help finding a replacement. In fact the only difference between Woody and Bob Kraft is that Bob Kraft got lucky when his franchise found Brady and woody has been somewhat unlucky finding their Qb. of course he was lucky by being born so i guess it all evens out.

Rex's contract is through 2014, so if Rex fires him next off season, he would still owe him the 2014 salary (unless someone else signs him).
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#27 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

what does that mean? Rex has a contract. terminating that contract early means huge money in rex's pocket for doing nothing. woody can wait 1 year and fire Rex for free. this seems like the rational thing to do.

I see alot of comments about Woody, and i'm not saying he's an amazing owner, but he's pretty much what you want in an owner. Stays out of the day-to-day and doesn't meddle. When he fired Tanny at least he knew enough to know he needed help finding a replacement. In fact the only difference between Woody and Bob Kraft is that Bob Kraft got lucky when his franchise found Brady and woody has been somewhat unlucky finding their Qb. of course he was lucky by being born so i guess it all evens out.

If you believe Woody stays out of the football business, who was responsible for bringing in Tebow?
LOL ignorance is bless.

#28 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,491 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you believe Woody stays out of the football business, who was responsible for bringing in Tebow?

the story that Rex told was that he and tanny were in an airport when the news broke that Peyton was being signed by Denver. they both wondered what about Tebow and they both thought it was great. This idea that Woody is dictating football moves, it's based on nothing. Like I said Im not saying Woody's amazing but he's basically hands off with the team, which is what you want. Now he's clueless according to everyone but at least he knows he's clueless.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#29 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,478 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

the story that Rex told was that he and tanny were in an airport when the news broke that Peyton was being signed by Denver. they both wondered what about Tebow and they both thought it was great. This idea that Woody is dictating football moves, it's based on nothing. Like I said Im not saying Woody's amazing but he's basically hands off with the team, which is what you want. Now he's clueless according to everyone but at least he knows he's clueless.

I think this is pretty close. he may come up with 'ideas', but I am sure if MOST of his football guys guys say 'eh, maybe not Sir', he will back off.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#30 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I am just so curious to hear that Rex actually has input to personnel decisions. So many here are telling me he doesn't. he has his hands tied.
LOL ignorance is bless.

#31 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am just so curious to hear that Rex actually has input to personnel decisions. So many here are telling me he doesn't. he has his hands tied.

Everyone in power at the jets has input. People are pretty stupid if they think Rex had no input whatsoever.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#32 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

It is. For some reason this board doesnt get it though. Its strange.

Speaking of strange.......

#33 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 35,521 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Everyone in power at the jets has input. People are pretty stupid if they think Rex had no input whatsoever.

He's only had input on the successful things for the Jets. Not the bad decisions. That was Tanny and Mangini.

Edited by JiF, 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

#34 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

People don't want to believe certain things because it makes Rex look bad.

#35 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Let's face it guys, with everybody else being gone do you think that Woody Johnson would have been able to handle that press conference all by himself today? I mean there is no GM, no OC, No DC, no STs coach, no QB coach, hell there ain't even a strength and conditioning guy anymore....all that is left is Scott Cohen and maybe Dennis Thurman....and Rexy....God help us...we so effed

So you're saying Rex wasn't fired cause Woody was scared to go to a press conference by himself? OK.

#36 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,777 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

So you're saying Rex wasn't fired cause Woody was scared to go to a press conference by himself? OK.

well I have also thought of what it would have looked like with Woody and Scott Cohen or maybe Dennis Thurman-even though there was no guarantee that Thurman would still even BE a Jets coach after a Rex firing

#37 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Rex wasnt fired because Woody doesnt have a real man running this team.

Woody is the one who isn't a real man. He's an incompetent fool who's never accomplished anything on his own in his life and who was basically handed a football team without the capacity to run one.
Tank for Teddy.

#38 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Rex wasn't fired because Doug Marrone is considered to be a hot candidate.

Pretty much sums it up right there.

Had Rex been fired he would automatically be considered the top coach on the market and the really ****ed up part? ESPN would be touting his going to back to back AFC Championships and only having one losing season and how he would give any team that hired him instant credibility.
Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES

#39 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,147 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Rex wasn't fired because he's a better coach than anyone available (including Andy Reid, Lovie Smith, etc.)

Just wow. You can't be that naive can you?

#40 Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Let's face it guys, with everybody else being gone do you think that Woody Johnson would have been able to handle that press conference all by himself today? I mean there is no GM, no OC, No DC, no STs coach, no QB coach, hell there ain't even a strength and conditioning guy anymore....all that is left is Scott Cohen and maybe Dennis Thurman....and Rexy....God help us...we so effed

agreed! Its a tough day to be a JEST fan! Yes JEST!
NY Jets! Our time has come! GO JETS!

#41 Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Can you think of any other reason why the Buffoon wasn't fired?
NY Jets! Our time has come! GO JETS!

#42 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Can you think of any other reason why the Buffoon wasn't fired?

Yeah, Woody is an idiot, doesn't want to pay guaranteed money, thinks Rex is a good coach... one, all, somewhere in between. Woody isn't some high school kid. He didn't hold onto Rex out of fear of going to a press conference alone or for the moral support. Ridiculous.

#43 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Just wow. You can't be that naive can you?

Andy Reid = many more years of opportunity, better QB play in almost every year... still no Superbowl. Not saying he's a bad coach, but not as good as Rex.

If he was the Jets coach right now, you would be bitching even more.

Class dismissed.

Edited by stoicsentry, 08 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#44 JFtoLong

JFtoLong

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,294 posts
  • Locationgrassy knoll

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Rex=God!

More power

Offense is not needed.

GM not needed, just a bitch to do Rex's dirty work!

"Hey bitch! Go get Sanchize extended! And get me a goddam snack when your done, wait, get the snack first, than extend Sanchize!

#45 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

After the other teams score, we'll kick off to them. We'll have 53 players on defense. Yeah.

#46 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,815 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Class dismissed.

LOL

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#47 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,491 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Andy Reid = many more years of opportunity, better QB play in almost every year... still no Superbowl. Not saying he's a bad coach, but not as good as Rex.

Class dismissed.

Philly was left at the alter by Chip Kelly. Missed out on Marrone. And denied Jay Gruden. They are reportedly interviewing Lovie Smith next.

meanwhile Andy Reid had his choice of jobs and has been signed to KC for big money, as of last week.

the HC market is absolute garbage, and Jets want to throw away Rex, for who? Bill Parcells is not gonna walk through that door.

Edited by bitonti, 08 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#48 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

2005 Walk-on free agent

• Members
  • 33,777 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

agreed! Its a tough day to be a JEST fan! Yes JEST!

KJ-this team is driving a LOT of us old time Jets fans away from the game of football altogether

#49 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Class dismissed.

According to who?

Reid took over a 3-13 Eagles team who had no QB. Everybody wanted Ricky Williams. They drafted McNabb.
Reids first 4 years as HC of a bad Eagles team.

1998 3-13 Year Before Reid

1999 - 5-11
2000 - 11-5 won a playoff game... Eagles first playoff win since 1995.
2001 - 11-5 NFC East division champ, made it to NFC Championship game
2002 12-4 NFC East division champ, made it to NFC Championship game
2003 12-4 NFC East division champ, made it to NFC Championship game
2004 13-3 NFC East division champ, made it to Super Bowl

Rex Ryans years as NY Jets HC.

2008 - 9-7 Year Before Rex Ryan. Jets were what, 7-2 at one point in the season, Favre injured, Mangini did a poor job down the stretch.

2009 9-7 but we all know the Jets were an 8-8 team (Colts forfeited the damn game).... made it to AFC Championship game
2010 11-5 made it to AFC Championship game
2011 8-8
2012 6-10
2013 "Thought to be a rebuilding year?"

I'm a bit confused on what math and system you are using to say Rex Ryan is a better coach, player evaluator, etc compared to Andy Reid.
Reid took over a terrible Eagles team who went 3-13 the year before he was hired, and turned that team around in two years to go on a run where they won the division and made it to the NFC Championship game 4 years in a row. Even made a super bowl. You can say Reid choked in big games. You can say Mcnabb choked in big games. But McNabb was booed by fans when he was picked. So the truth is, Reid had every reason to not pick McNabb that year. But the reality is, the Eagles went from a terrible team in the late 90's, a 3-13 team to a super bowl contender every year.

Rex Ryan took over a team that went 9-7, he picked Mark Sanchez to be the franchise QB, and the Jets are essentially a .500 club with no division titles under Ryan. They've gotten a lot worse the past two years.
And now they are in rebuild mode. A team that was 9-7 the year before Rex becomes a 6-10 team in year 4 of Rex's regime and the idea is they have to start over and rebuild....I'm really confused on How that's a better coach, player evaluator, etc? ANd I don't like Andy Reid.

Edited by pedro55, 08 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#50 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,147 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Class dismissed.

Love these "because I say so posts". Yesterday was simply the latest in 12 months of embarassing nonsense coming out of our HC's mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users