•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Andrew Jackson ILB

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 khesanh

khesanh

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just wanted to see what you guys have heard about this guy I really like him he has some SEC games under his belt.

Andrew Jackson
Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1 Weight: 262
Position: ILB

12/26/12 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: LB Andrew Jackson got off to a slow start, but finished his second straight season as the Sun Belt Conference's top tackler. Jackson, a junior, registered 116 tackles 16 1/2 for loss and two sacks from his middle linebacker slot. Perhaps not yet NFL ready, Jackson has great instincts and the ability to lay the heavy hit. - The Sports Xchange

2012 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE FIRST TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): Andrew Jackson (WKU, Jr., LB), has been selected First Team All-Sun Belt Conference (Coaches & Media selection) for the 2012 college football season. Jackson earned first-team honors at linebacker for the second straight season. The Lakewood, Fla., product ranks second in the Sun Belt and tied for 23rd nationally averaging 9.7 tackles per game. He posted his second straight 100-tackle season, finishing with a career-best 116 in 2012. Jackson recorded 10 or more tackles six times - all in Sun Belt Conference games - including a career-best 19 tackles against Florida Atlantic.

Edited by khesanh, 08 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#2 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,197 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

One of my favorite presidents.

Jackson was nicknamed "Old Hickory" because of his toughness and aggressive personality; he fought in duels, some fatal to his opponents.[2] He was a wealthy slaveholder. He fought politically against what he denounced as a closed, undemocratic aristocracy, adding to his appeal to common citizens.

Damn! This guy would fit in perfectly!
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#3 khesanh

khesanh

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

One of my favorite presidents.

Damn! This guy would fit in perfectly!

LOL I should have known I would walk into that one

#4 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,197 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

LOL I should have known I would walk into that one

Just trying to bring a little attention to your thread! I dont know sh!t about college players so I'll leave that up to everyone else
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#5 khesanh

khesanh

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Just trying to bring a little attention to your thread! I dont know sh!t about college players so I'll leave that up to everyone else

And yet you have brightened my day

#6 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

I don't know anything about him, but 6'1" 262 is kind of short and stubby. How fast will he be? We have Davis and Harris under contract, so OLB is way more important and I'd like to add speed everywhere I made a change on D. LB in particular.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#7 khesanh

khesanh

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I don't know anything about him, but 6'1" 262 is kind of short and stubby. How fast will he be? We have Davis and Harris under contract, so OLB is way more important and I'd like to add speed everywhere I made a change on D. LB in particular.

True indeed he may go undrafted or very late rounds would be nice to have a thumper in the middle

#8 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,360 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

True indeed he may go undrafted or very late rounds would be nice to have a thumper in the middle

Yeah. Scott and Harris are thumpers in the middle. It would be nice to have one we weren't paying like they were Ray Lewis.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#9 Tebowner

Tebowner

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

He runs the 40 in 4.83. Here is a link that discusses him more http://www.nfldrafts...2014&genpos=ILB I went to Western Kentucky and loved watching Jackson play, but he did announce that he wasn't entering the draft until next year. I guess he is going to try and boost his current appeal. But I'll say this, he is a man child! The 4.83 forty really suprises me because I have seen him chase down many QBs and RBs in the backfield, and the best part is when he gets to them every time he lays a hit you think he is gonna break somebody in half. For your viewing pleasures....

#10 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 736 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Nice hit on that play
In Rex I trust

#11 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass