Andrew Jackson ILB

khesanh

Just wanted to see what you guys have heard about this guy I really like him he has some SEC games under his belt.

Andrew Jackson

Western Kentucky

Height: 6-1 Weight: 262

Position: ILB

12/26/12 - PLAYERS TO WATCH: LB Andrew Jackson got off to a slow start, but finished his second straight season as the Sun Belt Conference's top tackler. Jackson, a junior, registered 116 tackles 16 1/2 for loss and two sacks from his middle linebacker slot. Perhaps not yet NFL ready, Jackson has great instincts and the ability to lay the heavy hit. - The Sports Xchange

2012 ALL-SUN BELT CONFERENCE FIRST TEAM (COACHES & MEDIA): Andrew Jackson (WKU, Jr., LB), has been selected First Team All-Sun Belt Conference (Coaches & Media selection) for the 2012 college football season. Jackson earned first-team honors at linebacker for the second straight season. The Lakewood, Fla., product ranks second in the Sun Belt and tied for 23rd nationally averaging 9.7 tackles per game. He posted his second straight 100-tackle season, finishing with a career-best 116 in 2012. Jackson recorded 10 or more tackles six times - all in Sun Belt Conference games - including a career-best 19 tackles against Florida Atlantic.

One of my favorite presidents.

Jackson was nicknamed "Old Hickory" because of his toughness and aggressive personality; he fought in duels, some fatal to his opponents.[2] He was a wealthy slaveholder. He fought politically against what he denounced as a closed, undemocratic aristocracy, adding to his appeal to common citizens.

Damn! This guy would fit in perfectly!

I don't know anything about him, but 6'1" 262 is kind of short and stubby. How fast will he be? We have Davis and Harris under contract, so OLB is way more important and I'd like to add speed everywhere I made a change on D. LB in particular.

True indeed he may go undrafted or very late rounds would be nice to have a thumper in the middle

I don't know anything about him, but 6'1" 262 is kind of short and stubby. How fast will he be? We have Davis and Harris under contract, so OLB is way more important and I'd like to add speed everywhere I made a change on D. LB in particular.

He runs the 40 in 4.83. Here is a link that discusses him more http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=108913&draftyear=2014&genpos=ILB I went to Western Kentucky and loved watching Jackson play, but he did announce that he wasn't entering the draft until next year. I guess he is going to try and boost his current appeal. But I'll say this, he is a man child! The 4.83 forty really suprises me because I have seen him chase down many QBs and RBs in the backfield, and the best part is when he gets to them every time he lays a hit you think he is gonna break somebody in half. For your viewing pleasures....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived