We are officially back!!

JFtoLong

That's right fellow Jets fans, we are back!

In 97 Parcells came here and changed the culture of this franchise.

Since that time we have had more winning seasons in a 15 year period, than any other period in our history.

We were a joke of a franchise, the team who brought Kotite in, and then gave him a second season, the team that screwed up every draft pick, the team that had bad coaches, bad players.

Well, today after that joke of a press conference, it became clear that the true Jets are back baby!

Instead of firing the guy who picked this mess of a roster, coached them, raved about how good they were, hired and fired a hand selected OC who sucked, lost the locker room twice, kept trotting out the worst QB in football, we give him more power!!!!!!!

Make no mistake ladies and gents, we are back, back to our roots, now we really get to see the se old Jets!!!

Holy sh*t some of you remind me of my wife!! "If he comes out and says, ground and pound I am going to scream." No, he comes out and says the total opposite, I want an aggresive O, one that can score anywhere from the field. Some of your reactions, "what a sham of a press conference". "Nobody will come near this circus." This guy lead a team with a historically bad qb to two AFCCGs. Mistakes have been made, get over it. you are the same people that go out and clamor for Bill Cowher, newsflash he would be gone after two years with you yo, yos. It comes down to qb play. The Jets as of right now don't have one, only a few teams in the NFL truly have an elite one. I am not even sure if my daughter couldn't have played better than "Sanchshiiite". With better QB play the Jets are right in the hunt. It is an absolute F()*)(ing miracle the Jets won 6 games with a QB that runs straight up his own lineman's ass and fumbles! Now a GM candidate goes to another team (a candidate none of you wanted) and the sky is falling once again! I give up, you guys are probably right, changing head coaches as much as you change underwear is probably a good idea!

Holy sh*t some of you remind me of my wife!! "If he comes out and says, ground and pound I am going to scream." No, he comes out and says the total opposite, I want an aggresive O, one that can score anywhere from the field. Some of your reactions, "what a sham of a press conference". "Nobody will come near this circus." This guy lead a team with a historically bad qb to two AFCCGs. Mistakes have been made, get over it. you are the same people that go out and clamor for Bill Cowher, newsflash he would be gone after two years with you yo, yos. It comes down to qb play. The Jets as of right now don't have one, only a few teams in the NFL truly have an elite one. I am not even sure if my daughter couldn't have played better than "Sanchshiiite". With better QB play the Jets are right in the hunt. It is an absolute F()*)(ing miracle the Jets won 6 games with a QB that runs straight up his own lineman's ass and fumbles! Now a GM candidate goes to another team (a candidate none of you wanted) and the sky is falling once again! I give up, you guys are probably right, changing head coaches as much as you change underwear is probably a good idea!

Woody? I did not think u posted on the forums!

Welcome

No, he comes out and says the total opposite, I want an aggresive O, one that can score anywhere from the field. Some of your reactions, "what a sham of a press conference".

Woody, can u tell me how we can implement this killer offense with no QB, no receivers, and no OC?

Rex has had Sanchez for four years and he hasn't improved. He's also brought in Tebow, he's gotten rid on numerous weapons, and he's let the offensive line deteriorate, brought in Sparano for offensive coordinator. Why should anybody have faith in Rex Ryan to be able to find a qb to improve the team or any other part of the offense?

Rex has had Sanchez for four years and he hasn't improved. He's also brought in Tebow, he's gotten rid on numerous weapons, and he's let the offensive line deteriorate, brought in Sparano for offensive coordinator. Why should anybody have faith in Rex Ryan to be able to find a qb to improve the team or any other part of the offense?

Hubris absolutely made a home with the Jets after 2010 season, I agree totally. The Tannenbaum and Ryan watch how we outsmart ourselves was in full effect. Watching Braylon Edwards the last three games made me wonder what they were thinking, but remember that decision was not made in a vacuum. Braylon wanted a hell of alot of money, that he never got by any team by the way. I believe if you surround Rex with talent he will be a winning coach. Right now the most important position that talent is needed is found very wanting. Take Brady off of New England and you have a 4-7 win team. Lets not lose focus on what the problem is. I was not a big fan of the number 5 overall pick, but after two years it didn't look so bad. Now it looks horrible, but the Jets took a shot and it didn't pan out ( I don't think Rex had any hand in the extension). You guys act like this is the first high pick QB bust ever. The Jets are actually not nearly as bad as other teams that have failed with a QB pick that high.

Hubris absolutely made a home with the Jets after 2010 season, I agree totally. The Tannenbaum and Ryan watch how we outsmart ourselves was in full effect. Watching Braylon Edwards the last three games made me wonder what they were thinking, but remember that decision was not made in a vacuum. Braylon wanted a hell of alot of money, that he never got by any team by the way. I believe if you surround Rex with talent he will be a winning coach. Right now the most important position that talent is needed is found very wanting. Take Brady off of New England and you have a 4-7 win team. Lets not lose focus on what the problem is. I was not a big fan of the number 5 overall pick, but after two years it didn't look so bad. Now it looks horrible, but the Jets took a shot and it didn't pan out ( I don't think Rex had any hand in the extension). You guys act like this is the first high pick QB bust ever. The Jets are actually not nearly as bad as other teams that have failed with a QB pick that high.

I agree that many teams miss on qbs in the draft. The issue i have is, the talent level on the offensive side of the ball is pathetic. The line has gotten worse, the wrs are very weak. There isn't an explosive wr in the bunch, the rbs don't scare anybody, and Keller isn't much of a factor.

Yea but didn't you hear the press conference? He said he thought a lot about this whole offense thing while he was at the pool ,so we have that going for us.....which is nice.

If you surround Rex with enough talent he will be a winning coach?

He was a winning coach when he was surrounded by the talent brought in by mangini. Harris, revis, D. Woody, faneca, D brick, Thomas jones, mangold, pace, b. smith, e. smith, tony Richardson, etc. where are the replacements for the talent lost? He was good at coaching mangini's team. Just like Herm was good at coaching Parcell's team. When the decisions made by Rex came to fruition, the team was more expensive, less talented, and headed in the wrong direction. That's on Rex. This is now the team he built, not the one he inherited. And it's a bad one.

Excellent summation.

I think all this tells us that Rex is horrible at picking talent, which is a GM's job. But it also tells us that he can coach, given that he has talent (2 AFCCG/4 on the road playoff wins)

From woody's perspective, he is not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water. If Rex is not good at doing a GM's job, then hire a true GM and let him bring the talent and have Rex concentrate on doing his job - coach the players he already has and get us back into the playoffs.

I think all this tells us that Rex is horrible at picking talent, which is a GM's job. But it also tells us that he can coach, given that he has talent (2 AFCCG/4 on the road playoff wins)

From woody's perspective, he is not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water. If Rex is not good at doing a GM's job, then hire a true GM and let him bring the talent and have Rex concentrate on doing his job - coach the players he already has and get us back into the playoffs.

This is more than saying Woody is not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Rex is being given MORE power, MORE say.

The fat baby took a huge dump in the water, and we all get to sit in the tub!

Thread sucks. You really should wait for them to go 4-12 next year, THEN force the homers to make the case that everyone outside of their little delusional fairy patch is a reactionary dope. It makes for a good, sad, time.

Good point, but then I would not be able to say I told you so.

Now when they go 4-12 next year, I can bump this thread and say, see, told ya so.

This is more than saying Woody is not ready to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Rex is being given MORE power, MORE say.

The fat baby took a huge dump in the water, and we all get to sit in the tub!

Woody was pretty clear that the GM would be picking the players, which is presumably why they're looking at GM candidates who have some background in that field.

Thread sucks. You really should wait for them to go 4-12 next year, THEN force the homers to make the case that everyone outside of their little delusional fairy patch is a reactionary dope. It makes for a good, sad, time.

Some would argue that good, sad time > good, good time.

By some I mean 99% of Jetnation.

Take it from me: homers on this site develop amnesia really, really quickly.

Better than the doom and groomers acting as if somehow Mangini left a championship caliber team in his wake for Rex to take to the SuperBowl.

Woody was pretty clear that the GM would be picking the players, which is presumably why they're looking at GM candidates who have some background in that field.

Woody is a complete and utter moron.

Rex picked the players, Rex is the one who made this mess, Tanny worked out the trades and deals for Rex to have his players.

Tanny was a sacrificial lamb for Woody.

The new GM will be picked by Rex, knowing full well that Rex has all the power in this organization, Rex will still be picking the personnel for this team, as a HC should be able to do, they have to coach them, they should pick them.

Problem is Rex cannot pick them, nor lead them, and even if Rex can fix this mess, which I don't have any reason at all to believe he can, it's going to take a very long time to do.

Don't kid yourself into thinking the new GM will have any more say than Tanny did, it will probably be less.

Better than the doom and groomers acting as if somehow Mangini left a championship caliber team in his wake for Rex to take to the SuperBowl.

Sorry, let me adjust my attitude....

No QB, no WR, no cap room, no offense, team trending downwards, bad HC....

Woooohoooooo!

Get me some PSL's baby'

I love this sh!t

Archived