I think Rex is going to get fired soon

Lizard King

Ok. Hear me out. If they didnt speak today, the football journalists were going to file a grievance. The blowhard HC had to be part of the press conference as per the rule. Woody Johnson, however, did not look like he was into this at all. Rex was on a completely different wave than Woody, who stared down often and was keeping it really short.

Maybe, just maybe, the Jets were doing what they had to do, but the Korn/ Ferret guys are telling Woody to just bite his tongue because some consistency would do him good until this search is complete. Then Rex got on stage and the thing was a complete disaster. There was nothing Woody could do but bite his lip. Dont forget that our FIRST call was DeCosta- a guy who shot Rex down for the HC job in Baltimore TWICE.

I don't think Ross is going to come here, but reports are starting to sound like Gamble is still very much up for grabs. Im starting to believe that he would axe Rex in a flash if he had to.

From body language, I kind of got this vibe. I dunno but i wouldnt be shocked.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would bet my anal virginity against a bag of chips that he's not going anywhere. I do appreciate your optimism though.

Look from this angle- from the very beginning, a well organized campaign for maximum effect. Woody is saying loud and clear "Rex is our guy" but gets a new front office and the first order of business is chop off the head of the guy who single handedly made you the running joke of the city.

Boom. Woody is now the boss again. Sacred cow is gone. Nobody is safe.

This would probably be via the influence of KornFerret.

And one other thing- everybody is crying bloody murder right now. Sometimes thats the best time to be contrarian.

He was just handed the reigns today. Like Belli without rings or Brady.

If Rex was fire-able we probably would have hired Polian by now. Rex is a fixture, we'll be lucky to get anyone from outside the organization. Caldwell chose Jags over us. All you needed to know.

I hate the suspense on this. It keeps us addicts pondering over and over again on what is going to happen and come up with every plausible theory or even impossible ones. So this is just another of those theories.

At this point I would accept a monkey with an 8 ball. You know what, think about it and that might actually be an upgrade!

Rex Ryan other than not having a sign on his door that says GM is in every way the GM/Head Coach/Team President of the New York Jets. And Woody Johnson is in love. deeply and madly.

Getting some details about DOug Marrone's introduction, how he spoke about metric and measurables, very analytical. May be it's less applicable than other soprts, but if you've looked at Football Outsiders and even Jason's site. there's much to recommend that. Even if a GM doesn't agree with it, he should know about it and look at that kind of data.

Rex Ryan is not doing any of that kind of thinking. Which is how Sanchez, Scott and Pace were here in 2012. The facade is gone: Tannenbaum was a puppet. We're getting a new puppet, and it's probably Scott Cohen.

He was just handed the reigns today. Like Belli without rings or Brady.

If Rex was fire-able we probably would have hired Polian by now. Rex is a fixture, we'll be lucky to get anyone from outside the organization. Caldwell chose Jags over us. All you needed to know.

Why on earth would we want Polian?

Rex Ryan other than not having a sign on his door that says GM is in every way the GM/Head Coach/Team President of the New York Jets. And Woody Johnson is in love. deeply and madly.

Getting some details about DOug Marrone's introduction, how he spoke about metric and measurables, very analytical. May be it's less applicable than other soprts, but if you've looked at Football Outsiders and even Jason's site. there's much to recommend that. Even if a GM doesn't agree with it, he should know about it and look at that kind of data.

Rex Ryan is not doing any of that kind of thinking. Which is how Sanchez, Scott and Pace were here in 2012. The facade is gone: Tannenbaum was a puppet. We're getting a new puppet, and it's probably Scott Cohen.

You should be a novelist. Impressive story telling.

Why on earth would we want Polian?

Not about "we", it's about Woody.

Recall that the first voice we heard during GM search was Polian saying he didn't want the job. My guess is a casual,conversation took place that Polian ended politely by saying he'd recommend some guys, which he has, but the truth is he wanted no part of Rex or the cap situation. If Rex could be let go, the dynamic would be more in line with Polian running the show, he'd probably be our guy already.

Rex looks at 3 minutes of film, no matter how old it is, then "goes with his gut".

he wanted no part of Rex or the cap situation.

I think it's the cap situation hurting us with candidates more than anything else. I know people say that 2014 will be better than next year, but am I right saying that 2014 is still going to carry some of its own cap issues as well? If you cant sign anyone this year, and you have a scrub QB and Santonio being paid like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, with other problems as well, then as a GM, THAT is where your hands are tied.

I think to make the job attractive, they would have to offer five years at least, not three to four, because there needs to first be the unwinding of this financial disaster and then the assembling of almost a completely new unit. There is no way to make a meaningful change to the roster unless you keep playing the same old free agency and cap negotiation games which all of these guys are not the types of guys to do. They want to scout and pick home grown personnel. In this frame of time, they wont have the opportunity to look good. Its not a good proposition for a new GM.

I think anyone could put up with Rex for a year, but the cap is like having a set of handcuffs tied behind the back of the scouting department.

I think it's the cap situation hurting us with candidates more than anything else. I know people say that 2014 will be better than next year, but am I right saying that 2014 is still going to carry some of its own cap issues as well? If you cant sign anyone this year, and you have a scrub QB and Santonio being paid like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, with other problems as well, then as a GM, THAT is where your hands are tied.

I think to make the job attractive, they would have to offer five years at least, not three to four, because there needs to first be the unwinding of this financial disaster and then the assembling of almost a completely new unit. There is no way to make a meaningful change to the roster unless you keep playing the same old free agency and cap negotiation games which all of these guys are not the types of guys to do. They want to scout and pick home grown personnel. In this frame of time, they wont have the opportunity to look good. Its not a good proposition for a new GM.

I think anyone could put up with Rex for a year, but the cap is like having a set of handcuffs tied behind the back of the scouting department.

If the long-term plan was to suck for Clowney with a wink and a nod, I could buy in. But there isn;t that kind of long term thinking going on here. Rex Ryan simply is not a long-term delayed gratification kind of guy. There really is no plan. The whole "tough guy" act is empty-headed nonsense.

Not about "we", it's about Woody.

Recall that the first voice we heard during GM search was Polian saying he didn't want the job. My guess is a casual,conversation took place that Polian ended politely by saying he'd recommend some guys, which he has, but the truth is he wanted no part of Rex or the cap situation. If Rex could be let go, the dynamic would be more in line with Polian running the show, he'd probably be our guy already.

I haven't heard Polian say he wanted the GM job anywhere else either. I don't recall him saying anything derogatory about inheriting Rex (understandable as that might be).

I wanted to watch the pc before reading that 12 page group hug known as the official PC thread.

I knew it was coming but still couldn't believe the amount of tears shed in that thread. What exactly did any of you expect to hear. How you possibly be shocked by anything they said lol.

It's a football coach and non-descript billionaire. These guys aren't paid to be orators. I liked what I heard. They fired Tanny, Sparano, Cavanaugh, Pettine (for being a mole), the "strength" coach etc.

What the hell do you want??

Football people making football decisions with an alignment of coach and GM in proper duties and in solidarity toward team direction and profile.

Crazy stuff, I realize.

Just because you say the new GM will be Rex's puppet doesn't make it so. You realize that, right?

Ok. Hear me out. If they didnt speak today, the football journalists were going to file a grievance. The blowhard HC had to be part of the press conference as per the rule. Woody Johnson, however, did not look like he was into this at all. Rex was on a completely different wave than Woody, who stared down often and was keeping it really short.

Maybe, just maybe, the Jets were doing what they had to do, but the Korn/ Ferret guys are telling Woody to just bite his tongue because some consistency would do him good until this search is complete. Then Rex got on stage and the thing was a complete disaster. There was nothing Woody could do but bite his lip. Dont forget that our FIRST call was DeCosta- a guy who shot Rex down for the HC job in Baltimore TWICE.

I don't think Ross is going to come here, but reports are starting to sound like Gamble is still very much up for grabs. Im starting to believe that he would axe Rex in a flash if he had to.

From body language, I kind of got this vibe. I dunno but i wouldnt be shocked.

Not a chance in hell. The NY Jets are Rex Ryan's team. Woody is just along for the ride and we should all be very thankful for that.

I wanted to watch the pc before reading that 12 page group hug known as the official PC thread.

I knew it was coming but still couldn't believe the amount of tears shed in that thread. What exactly did any of you expect to hear. How you possibly be shocked by anything they said lol.

It's a football coach and non-descript billionaire. These guys aren't paid to be orators. I liked what I heard. They fired Tanny, Sparano, Cavanaugh, Pettine (for being a mole), the "strength" coach etc.

What the hell do you want??

lulz - nothing they could have said would have made anyone here happy...except me, I've never been happier about the Jets.

The real laugher is that everyone knocks Woody for being this billionaire idiot who knows nothing about Football and they want Football people here, well, he just handed the reigns over to a Football die harder who has more experience and knowledge about the game than 90% of the guys in the league.

No. Rex ascribes to the Epiphanies by the Pool School of Coaching.

lulz - nothing they could have said would have made anyone here happy...except me, I've never been happier about the Jets.

The real laugher is that everyone knocks Woody for being this billionaire idiot who knows nothing about Football and they want Football people here, well, he just handed the reigns over to a Football die harder who has more experience and knowledge about the game than 90% of the guys in the league.

90%??? Even after he admits to the world that he knows nothing about Special Teams or Offense? That is a Yogi Berra-ism, my man.

90%??? Even after he admits to the world that he knows nothing about Special Teams or Offense? That is a Yogi Berra-ism, my man.

see that's the thing though.. he never said "I know nothing about offense or special teams".

he said he's failed on the offensive side of the ball... had he not taken blame for that you'd all be in here crying about lack of accountability.

there's literally nothing they can say that the lachrymose ilk can't spin into a negative.

They guy has been force fed Football since an infant. He's knows more about the game than 90% of the jack offs in the NFL, even if its one side of the ball, which I dont think to be true.

The 2 biggest myths going around on this board is that HC's have intimate knowledge of every phase of the game when the truth is, most of them know one side of the ball, if that at all. The other is that Rex won with Mangini's power house roster. Laughable opinions, in every sense.

see that's the thing though.. he never said "I know nothing about offense or special teams".

he said he's failed on the offensive side of the ball... had he not taken blame for that you'd all be in here crying about lack of accountability.

there's literally nothing they can say that the lachrymose ilk can't spin into a negative.

6-10. Spin than into a positive, along with the continued decline in team performance.

They guy has been force fed Football since an infant. He's knows more about the game than 90% of the jack offs in the NFL, even if its one side of the ball, which I dont think to be true.

The 2 biggest myths going around on this board is that HC's have intimate knowledge of every phase of the game when the truth is, most of them know one side of the ball, if that at all.

Come on

Archived