I think Rex is going to get fired soon

Lizard King

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wrong? Prove it.

You cant prove it either.

If anything, a NFL HC gets the benefit of the doubt of knowing both sides of the football. Mangini was on ESPN yesterday saying how much he had to ingrain himself into offense/ST if he wanted to be considered for HC gigs.

Rex admits he knows nothing about offense like Amare admitting he was never taught defense. Its laziness.

If anything, a NFL HC gets the benefit of the doubt of knowing both sides of the football. Mangini was on ESPN yesterday saying how much he had to ingrain himself into offense/ST if he wanted to be considered for HC gigs.

Rex admits he knows nothing about offense like Amare admitting he was never taught defense. Its laziness.

If only Rex would have been as successful as Mangini.

I certainly can. Just look at the HC's in the league. Where did they come from? What was there background? If you're going to tell me that Mike McCarthy has some input on how Dom Capers runs his D, I'll laugh at you. If you think Gary Kubiak has any input on Wade's game plans, I'll giggle. We could keep going.

And I dont give a **** about Eric Mangini. He's a loser. Why this board is so obsessed with that bum is beyond me. His offense sucked, his defense sucked and he had Westy running ST's. Please with this ingrained sh*t. He was awful.

I certainly can. Just look at the HC's in the league. Where did they come from? What was there background? If you're going to tell me that Mike McCarthy has some input on how Dom Capers runs his D, I'll laugh at you. If you think Gary Kubiak has any input on Wade's game plans, I'll giggle. We could keep going.

And I dont give a **** about Eric Mangini. He's a loser. Why this board is so obsessed with that bum is beyond me. His offense sucked, his defense sucked and he had Westy running ST's. Please with this ingrained sh*t. He was awful.

Schemes and knowing what the hell is going on on the other side of the ball are two completely different subjects. Rex jokingly admits he couldnt care less about the offense. He couldnt even figure out who to dress.

If you dont think the successful HC's in this league have a better grasp of their overall roster...you're lost.

Schemes and knowing what the hell is going on on the other side of the ball are two completely different subjects. Rex jokingly admits he couldnt care less about the offense. He couldnt even figure out who to dress.

If you dont think the successful HC's in this league have a better grasp of their overall roster...you're lost.

You're lost.

They guy has been force fed Football since an infant. He's knows more about the game than 90% of the jack offs in the NFL, even if its one side of the ball, which I dont think to be true.

The 2 biggest myths going around on this board is that HC's have intimate knowledge of every phase of the game when the truth is, most of them know one side of the ball, if that at all. The other is that Rex won with Mangini's power house roster. Laughable opinions, in every sense.

I agree with the second part of your statement. It is just that your math is so off. Even if he knew everything aout defense, and don;t forget, he has been force fed Buddy Ryan defense, but even if he did, he would not know more football than 90% of "the jackoffs".

Regarding the bold, that is a simple one. There is a pair of truths that will stand the test of time with Jets fans and that is simply this: (1) the longest tenured person in a role of significance on this team will be seen as absolutely to blame for anything and everything, without exception, and (2) the quickest way to be forgiven for all of those things is to be fired, as the blame for all of those failures will be immediately passed onto whoever now qualifies for item #1, while the person fired will, in due time, be given credit for any future success that person has.

That's not to say the former isn't typically deserved, but the latter is a little much.

Just going back to the modern Woody-era of Jets fandom, it's all right there, clear as day. Let's just pass on the whole Parcells/Belichick/Groh mess of a year because that's a whole difference headache. From there, the Jets problem became Paul Hackett. Hackett was fired and everything was now Herm's fault. Herm was traded off to the Chiefs and everything was now Bradway's fault. Bradway was demoted and next everything was Mangini's fault. Mangini was fired and then everything was Schotty's fault. Schotty was fired and next up it was Tanny's fault. Tanny was fired, and now everything is Rex's fault. Keep in mind, in all of these instances, that included the new person being blamed for the exact things the prior person was fired for (e.g., we've already heard many blaming every crappy draft pick, bad FA signing and Sanchez's lovely extension entirely on Rex).

That's not to say any of these guys were any good at their jobs and really deserved much better than that, but it's kind of ridiculous to go to the lengths of acting like those past guys we spent years trashing should now be seen as such a great benefit to this team and be deserving of all the credit for the success (no matter how remote it may be) of the people who came after them. The truth is Mangini sucked back then and he still sucks now. That doesn't need to change in order for someone to think Rex sucks too.

Regarding the bold, that is a simple one. There is a pair of truths that will stand the test of time with Jets fans and that is simply this: (1) the longest tenured person in a role of significance on this team will be seen as absolutely to blame for anything and everything, without exception, and (2) the quickest way to be forgiven for all of those things is to be fired, as the blame for all of those failures will be immediately passed onto whoever now qualifies for item #1, while the person fired will, in due time, be given credit for any future success that person has.

That's not to say the former isn't typically deserved, but the latter is a little much.

Just going back to the modern Woody-era of Jets fandom, it's all right there, clear as day. Let's just pass on the whole Parcells/Belichick/Groh mess of a year because that's a whole difference headache. From there, the Jets problem became Paul Hackett. Hackett was fired and everything was now Herm's fault. Herm was traded off to the Chiefs and everything was now Bradway's fault. Bradway was demoted and next everything was Mangini's fault. Mangini was fired and then everything was Schotty's fault. Schotty was fired and next up it was Tanny's fault. Tanny was fired, and now everything is Rex's fault. Keep in mind, in all of these instances, that included the new person being blamed for the exact things the prior person was fired for (e.g., we've already heard many blaming every crappy draft pick, bad FA signing and Sanchez's lovely extension entirely on Rex).

That's not to say any of these guys were any good at their jobs and really deserved much better than that, but it's kind of ridiculous to go to the lengths of acting like those past guys we spent years trashing should now be seen as such a great benefit to this team and be deserving of all the credit for the success (no matter how remote it may be) of the people who came after them. The truth is Mangini sucked back then and he still sucks now. That doesn't need to change in order for someone to think Rex sucks too.

POTW!!!

Jets fans are the worst.

So if gamble was hired and Tomasula was the HC, that would be good? Who the F is tomasula?

Just saying if Rex is the hottest coach on the market...wouldnt every personnel guy want to be here? The Falcons guy chose Jacksonville over Rex.

Just saying if Rex is the hottest coach on the market...wouldnt every personnel guy want to be here? The Falcons guy chose Jacksonville over Rex.

Has nothing to do with the other. The first words out Caldwell's mouth, "there isnt a bad GM job in the league". lulz

Its all about Relationships and the Jag and Falcons have a long standing one. They've swamped coaches back and forth and Kahn has a relationship with Black and Caldwell. Plus, Mularky and Caldwell have worked together before and clearly Kahn isnt ready to give up on Mularky after 1 year. (I'm sure Caldwell will have some say in that though).

I am not so much defending Rex, but how do you know the Jets ever offered the Falcons guy anything? Where did you see that he "chose" the Jags over the Jets?

I'm going to go out on a crazy person limb and say the Jets didn't want Caldwell.

Crazy I know...they should be desperate for ANYONE the writers say is a top candidate.

This press corps and these fans are a valid reason to choose Jacksonville over the Jets. Didn't Jacksonville stick with Jack Del Rio for 8 years? They haven't had a strong GM presence and are patient. They have a quiet/accepting fan base and no expectations. That is a franchise where you will have a chance to develop players and your vision. This is a place where 2 years out of back to back championship games, not only are we firing people, but we are complaining because WE SHOULD BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!!

This press corps and these fans are a valid reason to choose Jacksonville over the Jets. Didn't Jacksonville stick with Jack Del Rio for 8 years? They haven't had a strong GM presence and are patient. They have a quiet/accepting fan base and no expectations. That is a franchise where you will have a chance to develop players and your vision. This is a place where 2 years out of back to back championship games, not only are we firing people, but we are complaining because WE SHOULD BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!!

You mean the Jacksonville fans that don't come to the stadium, and the team that the League would like to ship the team to Europe?

Yeah, sign me up for that over a rabid fan base that is crazed for a winner.

Not saying that is the reason this happened, but if it is, this is not a guy we would want here in the first place.

I am not so much defending Rex, but how do you know the Jets ever offered the Falcons guy anything? Where did you see that he "chose" the Jags over the Jets?

There isn't anything that says that anywhere. That's what I'll never get about some of the folks on this board; there is truly an endless amount of things for which the Jets can be, and deserve to be, criticized, yet there are still some people who feel the need to completely fabricate things to use as the basis for their criticism, such as these conclusions made about the Jets based them not hiring a person as their GM when there was never a single report that they offered him the job, or even planned to. I mean, this is the Jets we're talking about, it's really not all that hard to trash them based on reality, they've given us plenty of legitimate ammunition.

You mean the Jacksonville fans that don't come to the stadium, and the team that the League would like to ship the team to Europe?

Yeah, sign me up for that over a rabid fan base that is crazed for a winner.

Not saying that is the reason this happened, but if it is, this is not a guy we would want here in the first place.

Maybe it's not a guy you would want here, but 1. money (no income tax) 2. patient owners (and fans) beats this place by a mile.

Archived