Pettine new Bills DC -- OFFICIAL

slowmoe57

Good for him. I'm not all that worried about the DC. Rex is really the DC regardless of who holds that title.

What bothers me is these other teams are making moves, signing coaches, and starting the offseason, whereas the Jets are holding press conferences that say nothing, throwing out reports of people they would love to have, but not really interviewing anybody. Or making decisions.

it's one thing if they are holding out for the best possible candidate It's another to hear that they promoted Cohen to GM, hired Rob Ryan as DC, and bring in some young OC nobody heard of.

Pettine's signing might hurt us from a standpoint that he might want to sign some of our free agents on defense making it difficult for the JETS or very expensive for the JETS.

He also has some good talent on the Bill's defense right now.

But not sure if he is a good DC on his very own. Time will tell. I think someone like Rob Ryan has shown more of his abilities as a DC than a Pettine,

My personal opinion is Petitne is a GREAT coach, bad play caller. TBH the Jets MIGHT be in far better shape with Petitine at HC, and Rex at DC.

Yup. That is what Rex found out also the last 2 years after handing over playcalling (and taking back both years midseason).

Does Pettine secretly suck now? You guys are tough to keep up with.

Its simple.

If you like Rex, yes.

If you hate Rex, no.

So just to help you out. Petitine combined with Mangini's power house roster that he left Rex is the reason the Jets have been a successful defensive team, not Rex.

Archived