Brian Gaine will interview for GM

F.Chowds

Why can't we just get Gamble :(

He doesn't interview well. Or in a conversations it seems his recommendations and press are more hype than substance.

It's like that guy with the great LinkedIn page, the great resume, the great references and so on. It's a no brainer. He gets through the preliminary interviews and HR processes. But when he sits down to talk with people who might know a thing or two, he comes off as a person taking credit for things he had nothing to do with. Or it's obvious his resume is a bit embellished.

I think thats probably what's happening. He probably is more hype than substance and is trying to take advantage of a wide open GM market.

Good candidates don't have to be with good teams. Once upon a time Belichick was a "special assistant" with the Lions. They were not a well run organization. It is important that the guy have 1. A brain. 2. A vision and 3. Respect. The problem is that the Jets search process and keeping Rex around will monkey with the guy getting respect. I am on record as liking Rex, but that can be a major problem and it is problem for a guy coming from a less successful franchise - that is why they all need a letter of introduction from some old HOF bitch like Parcells or Polian.

Good candidates don't have to be with good teams. Once upon a time Belichick was a "special assistant" with the Lions. They were not a well run organization. It is important that the guy have 1. A brain. 2. A vision and 3. Respect. The problem is that the Jets search process and keeping Rex around will monkey with the guy getting respect. I am on record as liking Rex, but that can be a major problem and it is problem for a guy coming from a less successful franchise - that is why they all need a letter of introduction from some old HOF bitch like Parcells or Polian.

True the opposite of that - is like saying everyone that works at Apple lets say is a genius- we know that is not true.

This is what I don't get. Look at the Patriots, Packers, heck even the Falcons or Ravens. And why was the lone guy from the Giants just an afterthought and not a real consideration? The Giants have won 2 super bowls. Searching Teams who have had success over the past 5-10 years makes sense. Teams who have consistent success. Different coaches. Different players. Different front offices.

Why pick somebody from the Dolphins?

Replace Brady, Rodgers and then Flynn and Flacco with Sanchez or any of the other low tier QBs and we aren't even having this discussion. People automatically assume because these guys have been a part of a winning organization, they themselves are going to be winners. How many times have you seen people in fortune 500 companies who are absolutely incompetent and wonder how the hell they got their job?? sh*t, I do that every day in the medical community. The fact of the matter is, there could very well be some young brilliant future GMs who are working their way up in any/the first organization that gives them a chance.

I just find it silly that people are in this much of an uproar arguing for one person they've never heard of over another person they've never heard of. Until we actually see the moves our future GM makes, it's impossible to know what they've done, because unless they have actually been a GM prior it's all just speculation.

This is what I don't get. Look at the Patriots, Packers, heck even the Falcons or Ravens. And why was the lone guy from the Giants just an afterthought and not a real consideration? The Giants have won 2 super bowls. Searching Teams who have had success over the past 5-10 years makes sense. Teams who have consistent success. Different coaches. Different players. Different front offices.

Why pick somebody from the Dolphins?

Caldwell is from the Falcons, the Ravens guy doesn't want to leave the Ravens, and the Patriots don't have anyone worth pilfering. So yeah, maybe the Packers. They're hitting the 49ers and jints as well. Looks like they're doing some due diligence.

Archived