• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

So it's safe to say that all the upper-level candidates told Woody to eat a dick?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#27 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

So it's safe to say that all the upper-level candidates told Woody to eat a dick?

Yea, with Caldwell gone pretty much all of them have taken jobs.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#28 NJ

NJ

Make 6 Go Away

• Members
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

What the hell happened to Gamble?

He doesn't interview well - which means there's no way he could be a good GM.
NATION....... JETNATION

#29 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

He doesn't interview well - which means there's no way he could be a good GM.

I'd imagine that means he's demanding full control of whatever job he takes. Smart move, really. He's got all the leverage.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#30 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I'd imagine that means he's demanding full control of whatever job he takes. Smart move, really. He's got all the leverage.

With that kind of track record in SF...two trips to the playoffs in 7 years including one NFCCG (maybe as high as two)...he's pretty much got the world by the balls.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#31 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

With that kind of track record in SF...two trips to the playoffs in 7 years including one NFCCG (maybe as high as two)...he's pretty much got the world by the balls.

He's probably the guy that picked Vernon Davis - the guy that was bust of all busts and sent to the lockers during a game. Now Vernon Davis and Alex Smith are part of some great dynasty.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#32 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

You'll fellate the men who built the Jets roster and discredit the ones who built the Niners roster. You'll spend years defending Brian Schottenheimer. You'll make arguments that Vernon Gholston might be secretly awesome.

#33 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Jets request SD's Jimmy Rae

There's a Norma Rae joke to be made here.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#34 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

You'll fellate the men who built the Jets roster and discredit the ones who built the Niners roster. You'll spend years defending Brian Schottenheimer. You'll make arguments that Vernon Gholston might be secretly awesome.

Ive done one of the three.

#35 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

There's a Norma Rae joke to be made here.

Normarae the Jets wouldn't interview two black guys but Ross and Raye have good backgrounds.

Or sumthin.

#36 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

At this point instead of bringing in a Jimmy Raye or somebody warming a seat at the Dolphins the JETS should just let Cohen take the GM post.

#37 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

For what it's worth, there was a time when the Jets were allegedly in talks with the Niners about a trade. Most people wanted Crabtree. I suggested that maybe we could get lucky and trade Gholston (who I was higher on than most) for Vernon Davis and I was told that there is no way we would want that loser.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#38 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Lol this search has gone down the drain
Posted Image

#39 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

It's Cohen....

#40 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,729 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

For what it's worth, there was a time when the Jets were allegedly in talks with the Niners about a trade. Most people wanted Crabtree. I suggested that maybe we could get lucky and trade Gholston (who I was higher on than most) for Vernon Davis and I was told that there is no way we would want that loser.

Was that me?

#41 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Just give the job to Cohen and lets start fresh in 2014.

#42 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,635 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yeah I will say that I defended Gholston, but I'm a nice guy. :shrugs:

#43 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Jimmy Raye is out - no interview even scheduled.

#44 dbatesman

dbatesman

Vulgar Yankee Mannerisms

• Members
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Jimmy Raye is out - no interview even scheduled.

Gaine will be signed, sealed, and delivered by Monday morning. Say this for Woody Johnson's Jets: if you're an unheralded Parcells disciple, we'll always make room for you.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#45 Pac

Pac

ayyyyy

• Members
  • 13,752 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Rich Cimini
#Jets GM search likely will go to nxt wk. They're trying to cover all bases. They've reached out to at least 10 ppl, interviewed at least 4.
8:13PM EST

damn jets being thorough. they should have just have hired Gamble because he has a cool name and the 49ers have been good the last 2 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users