GM Candidate Central - MERGED

Lizard King

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if he' such a great talent evaluator, why did Ambassador Rooney want Khan to come serve with him in Dublin rather than stay with the football operation?

You take that as a negative? Wow. Maybe a higher calling? What happened in the end - he stayed. Why? Maybe because the Steeler front office found him far too valuable.

At this point i am rooting for Cohen. Atleast he is a talent guy.

What's the point of replacing a capologist by another capologist!

i dont view idzik as cap guy,,he has aquired those skills, but he grew up thru scout/perosnell ranks,,8 years w/Bucs as personell guy

i dont view idzik as cap guy,,he has aquired those skills, but he grew up thru scout/perosnell ranks,,8 years w/Bucs as personell guy

Among all of these guys I think Idzik is my favorite. He seems like he might have the total package. Seattle has built a half decent team up there (they were pretty awful for his first few years there however).

I wouldnt be surprised if we go with Cohen...Housecleaning was done to appease the fan base but essensially, I view it as keeping the status quo for 2013, hopefully putting a couple more peices to the puzzle and bringing in a new GM/Coach in 2014 when contracts are managable and there is someone more high profile looking to get back into the football world(read Cower). Rex and Sanchez will be gone and there will be a clean slate to start with.

I wouldnt be surprised if we go with Cohen...Housecleaning was done to appease the fan base but essensially, I view it as keeping the status quo for 2013, hopefully putting a couple more peices to the puzzle and bringing in a new GM/Coach in 2014 when contracts are managable and there is someone more high profile looking to get back into the football world(read Cower). Rex and Sanchez will be gone and there will be a clean slate to start with.

What is this? Ancient Aliens? Taking all this time to make a hire is not something done to appease a fan base. Neither is the outside search firm or the ever widening circle of interviews. If they (Woody) were planning on blowing things up next year, why not simply let Tannenbaum stay and take his lumps?

And next year comes along and Cower stays retired and the Jets don't fire Rex after an 8-8 season.

What is this? Ancient Aliens? Taking all this time to make a hire is not something done to appease a fan base. Neither is the outside search firm or the ever widening circle of interviews. If they (Woody) were planning on blowing things up next year, why not simply let Tannenbaum stay and take his lumps?

They HAD to do something, so they fired tannenbum. Taking all this time to replace him makes it appear that they are actually doing something rather than stalling. They can claim due diligence, looking under every stone blah blah blah. Truth is, just about everyone says next year is fvcked due to bad contracts and bad qb situation. cant be fixed next year. if we can see it, the professionals can see it. look at the knicks with mike dantoni. he came here and ate sh!t for 2 seasons shedding contracts and players. i look at next year as one of those years. good news is that if we do it good enough, ala colts, we may just get our QB : )

Archived