GM Candidate Central - MERGED

Lizard King

U mad bro? I was just using an amalgamation of things you'd said previously. Go ahead and tell us what you think, all ears.

Wrongly. But why should that bother you? You got to take a cheap shot.

If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore. Please do me the favor of not trying to tell other people what I am expressing, when you are characterizing it incorrectly. You have wasted a bunch of space on this board

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrongly. But why should that bother you? You got to take a cheap shot.

If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore. Please do me the favor of not trying to tell other people what I am expressing, when you are characterizing it incorrectly. You have wasted a bunch of space on this board

I will not stop until I have reached defamation levels, now that you've expressed how much this bothers you.

Jets interview Packers' Russ Ball for vacant general manager job

BY MANISH MEHTA

Add another name to the Jets’ ever-growing list of general manager candidates.

The Jets recently interviewed Packers vice president of football administration/player finance Russ Ball, according to ProFootballTalk.com. The Jets had expressed interest in Packers director of operations John Dorsey, but he appears destined to join Andy Reid in Kansas City.

The Jets have interviewed at least nine candidates as they try to find a replacement for Mike Tannenbaum, who was fired the day after the end of the regular season.

Ball worked for the Saints, Redskins, Vikings and Chiefs before joining Green Bay in 2008.

The Jets expanded their search this week by interviewing former Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo, Dolphins assistant G.M. Brian Gaine, Steelers’ executive Omar Khan and Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik.

Woody Johnson had previously interviewed 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Falcons director of player personnel David Campbell (who took the Jaguars GM job), the Giants’ Marc Ross and on-house candidate Scott Cohen. The Jets are also believed to have interest in Montreal Alouettes G.M Jim Popp of the CFL and Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye

BY MANISH MEHTA

The Jets recently interviewed Packers vice president of football administration/player finance Russ Ball, according to ProFootballTalk.com. The Jets had expressed interest in Packers director of operations John Dorsey, but he appears destined to join Andy Reid in Kansas City.

The Jets have interviewed at least nine candidates as they try to find a replacement for Mike Tannenbaum, who was fired the day after the end of the regular season.

Ball worked for the Saints, Redskins, Vikings and Chiefs before joining Green Bay in 2008.

The Jets expanded their search this week by interviewing former Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo, Dolphins assistant G.M. Brian Gaine, Steelers’ executive Omar Khan and Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik.

Woody Johnson had previously interviewed 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Falcons director of player personnel David Campbell (who took the Jaguars GM job), the Giants’ Marc Ross and on-house candidate Scott Cohen. The Jets are also believed to have interest in Montreal Alouettes G.M Jim Popp of the CFL and Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye

I like the idea of trying to take someone from a successful organization, but it's only a matter of time before we're interviewing equipment managers from the Packers.

BY MANISH MEHTA

Beginning to think the interviewees don't really exist, and these names are randomnly generated by a computer algorithim. Except for our future GM< Scott Cohen.

At some point the charade will be stopped. C'mon down to the corner office Scottso!

OMG ANOTHER CAP GUY!? We need a draft guru *SQUAAAAWK*!

**** with Dave Campeball gone I guess things were bound to get a little desperate...

I'M GATOBOT BZZZT EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE JETS IS WAY BZZZZT COMPETENT AND BEYOND REPROACH BZZZZZT EXCEPT THE FIRED ONES BZZZZT YOU'RE ALL DUMB KA-CHUNK BZZZZZT PING

Beginning to think the interviewees don't really exist, and these names are randomnly generated by a computer algorithim. Except for our future GM< Scott Cohen.

At some point the charade will be stopped. C'mon down to the corner office Scottso!

My candidate, Chet Hale, is real.

I'M GATOBOT BZZZT EVERYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE JETS IS WAY BZZZZT COMPETENT AND BEYOND REPROACH BZZZZZT EXCEPT THE FIRED ONES BZZZZT YOU'RE ALL DUMB KA-CHUNK BZZZZZT PING

Interviewing tomorrow: Rams' assistant director of scouting Bob Thompson, Falcons' associate GM Tom Molinelli, and Cards' deputy director of pro personnel Ed Rolston.

Just make'em up-team, reasonable sounding name (not "Chudzinski") and job title with either "deputy" "assistant" or "associate". It' what Wrecks Ryan is doing now. You can too.

Interviewing tomorrow: Rams' assistant director of scouting Bob Thompson, Falcons' associate GM Tom Molinelli, and Cards' deputy director of pro personnel Ed Rolston.

Just make'em up-team, reasonable sounding name (not "Chudzinski") and job title with either "deputy" "assistant" or "associate". It' what Wrecks Ryan is doing now. You can too.

Melchior Falconstar, Director of Scouting, Seahawks.

JetNation Poster X: I've heard awesome things about this guy on Twitter. Mariucci loves him.

*SQUUUUUUUUUAWK* Personel man! *SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK* Football! *SQUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK* Man! *SQUAWWWWWWWWWWWWWK* Football Man!

The "lolz Football Man" thing wears a little thin when your lone suggestion has been to hire some personnel guy whose sole credential is that he worked for the Steelers.

Other good candidates in no order:

Dorsey from the Packers

Jimmy Raye Chargers

Marc Ross Giants

Will Lewis Seahawks

Reggie McKenzie Packers

Tom Gamble 49ers

Scott Pioli

Omar Khan Steelers

Etc.

There's plenty of good candidates. That's why taking this long is probably a good thing.

So what happened to Ross ? Why is he not called back for a 2nd interview ?

Probably because he looks at the stability of Mara/TIsch/Reese and sees this horror show and knows longterm this is a bad situation that will probably get way worse sooner rather than later.

Looking at this Niners team, the Jets really need to call Tom Gamble back and give him what he wants.

Sensible people would do that. He had bad interview? Really? Would his his job with the Jets involve getting talent or blowing sunshine up Richie Rich's ass over coffee?

Herman Edwards and Wrecks Ryan are GREAT in interviews. BFD.

Sensible people would do that. He had bad interview? Really? Would his his job with the Jets involve getting talent or blowing sunshine up Richie Rich's ass over coffee?

Herman Edwards and Wrecks Ryan are GREAT in interviews. BFD.

Glazer had it that Gamble's "bad" interview stemmed from him telling teams it was his way or no way, which is smart. That Niners team is going to be great for three years minimum, so even if Gamble doesn't get a job this year, he'll have plenty more chances. No need to compromise when he's got all the leverage.

Probably because he looks at the stability of Mara/TIsch/Reese and sees this horror show and knows longterm this is a bad situation that will probably get way worse sooner rather than later.

The Giants front office and ownership is intimately aware of how poorly run the Jets are. Marc Ross wouldn't take the Jets job under any circumstances. It's career suicide.

Then why did he interview at all ? He could have done a Heckert and stayed away.

Archived