Time to put on your big boy pants

Maxman

Hey guys the pity party isn't happening. So put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride. We are Jets fans, this was never going to be easy. We knew this coming in.

So much negativity though. The Jets can never get anything right blah blah blah.

Some people act like the Jets are trying to lose on purpose. Is it frustrating? Yes at times it is. But it isn't all bad. A lot of people are acting like they just finished the Kotite years. Tanny didn't get it done but the Jets are around .500 under his watch. They need to get it to the next level, no doubt. But this isn't the Kotite era, trust me.

They are trying to get better. We all complain about Woody. The stadium is too expensive, PSLs are terrible, yes. But Woody wants to win. You might not agree with all their moves but blasting they get blasted for things that we have no idea about. The GM search is taking some time. People speculate what that could mean. We have no idea what they are thinking.

So sit back, put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride people.

When the Jets finally win the Super Bowl you can say you were there for the ride! And it was one hell of a ride. :)

We're out and the Pats are still playing. This is always the worst couple of weeks of every season!

Well the Giants aren't around this year so hopefully the Texans are Ravens\Broncos take care of that problem.

Okay, so first you take away liberal swearing in posts and now you want us to stop whining?!?! What kind of Jets fan are you??? This is so unfair ...

Liberal? We don't allow politics. I swear all the ****ing time. The majority of my posts of profanity laced tirades, at least until T0m wears me down to a mild depression.

Okay, so first you take away liberal swearing in posts and now you want us to stop whining?!?! What kind of Jets fan are you??? This is so unfair ...

I don't care if people whine. Just put on your big boy pants when you do it. :)

Hey guys the pity party isn't happening. So put on your big boy pants and enjoy the ride. We are Jets fans, this was never going to be easy. We knew this coming in.

So much negativity though. The Jets can never get anything right blah blah blah.

Some people act like the Jets are trying to lose on purpose. Is it frustrating? Yes at times it is. But it isn't all bad. A lot of people are acting like they just finished the Kotite years. Tanny didn't get it done but the Jets are around .500 under his watch. They need to get it to the next level, no doubt. But this isn't the Kotite era, trust me.

They are trying to get better. We all complain about Woody. The stadium is too expensive, PSLs are terrible, yes. But Woody wants to win. You might not agree with all their moves but blasting they get blasted for things that we have no idea about. The GM search is taking some time. People speculate what that could mean. We have no idea what they are thinking.

When the Jets finally win the Super Bowl you can say you were there for the ride! And it was one hell of a ride. :)

My bigboy pants don't fit.

I'm not saying we have to be like that rah rah. But people seem genuinely depressed and feel hopeless. It isn't that bad...

Intellectually, I agree with you. But after 50+ years of watching this team and the last 40 of them seeming to be Groundhog Day over and over, it's hard to look on the bright side.

The team is old and has plenty of posiitions that need improving. It's going to take at least 3 years before they are capable of seriously competing for anything. If you're in your mid-20's, I agree, it doesn't seem that bad. But if you're like me, closing in on 60, it's hard to be enthusiastic and hopeful.

I'll just add that living here in Rochester, I have to take a lot of s*** from Bills fans. That is the ultimate insult.

Yup. Frustrated? Hell Ya.

Bleed Green ? Hell ya.

I am not about to drop the team my Dad started watching/goint to games with me when I was 12 in 1964, the team that I taught my sons the game of football by watching with them and the game I now watch with my 50 buddies every Sunday at Raleigh Jets Bar.

Aint happenin :)

Intellectually, I agree with you. But after 50+ years of watching this team and the last 40 of them seeming to be Groundhog Day over and over, it's hard to look on the bright side.

The team is old and has plenty of posiitions that need improving. It's going to take at least 3 years before they are capable of seriously competing for anything. If you're in your mid-20's, I agree, it doesn't seem that bad. But if you're like me, closing in on 60, it's hard to be enthusiastic and hopeful.

I'll just add that living here in Rochester, I have to take a lot of s*** from Bills fans. That is the ultimate insult.

Except for the Bills fans part, I know how you feel. I am grateful for that '69 team, and the good luck of facing Earl Morrall and a broken winged Unitas. The fates were with us that day. We have been paying for it ever since. I really just wish we could get a decent owner. Just once. Watching Woody tool it up Tuesday was disheartening. And I would not mind Rex, if he were not an inveterate liar.

Is this a definitive assessment, that Jet fans are negative? ;)

Except for the Bills fans part, I know how you feel. I am grateful for that '69 team, and the good luck of facing Earl Morrall and a broken winged Unitas. The fates were with us that day. We have been paying for it ever since. I really just wish we could get a decent owner. Just once. Watching Woody tool it up Tuesday was disheartening. And I would not mind Rex, if he were not an inveterate liar.

**** Johnny U. The Jets would have eaten that old scrub's lunch. Morrall was the MVP that year.

**** Johnny U. The Jets would have eaten that old scrub's lunch. Morrall was the MVP that year.

I know he was, but he sucked that game. Had a wide open Orr dowbfield and did not see him. Threw some pics. Unitas had tendonitis but still drove for a TD late. And he could not throw. That Colt team was better everywhere but QB. I still feel grateful for that win.

We are JETS fans. Negativity is our middle name.

Plus have you taken a look at the turd pool filled by media which is super fertile for our negativity to grow. Mehta, Cimini and the guy who is nameless but has Schefter like connections to the league all take turns adding to that turd pool!

Archived