Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

For half the price too
Lol

Literally.

I was paying $1145/mo to rent a modest one bedroom apt. in Orange County, California.
In Ohio, I was able to get a 2 story, 2bd/2bath town house for less than $600.

Ridickadick.

#27 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

He was Steve Young's QB coach, and O coordinator for a year, or 2, and is the reason Garcia ever made anything of himself in this league. Not to mention the QB coach for the Packers in the late 90's. I think he knows QB's, and can develop them VERY WELL, BUT his decision making is really really bad.

Maybe Steve Young will come out of retirement to play for him.

#28 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Maybe Steve Young will come out of retirement to play for him.

Jeff Garcia!

#29 Jerichoholic

Jerichoholic

Over/Under acheiver

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

God No!!! A run and shoot offense is the last thing we need. The Eagles have been getting QB's killed the past couple of seasons.

#30 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I would prefer the SF QB coach as O-Coordinator, but I don't see him coming because it seems Roman will be getting a HC job, and he will be promoted to OC of the 49ers.

After that I can be ok with Jackson, wouldn't be upset, or happy just OK, but I would prefer the Jets going the outside the box new innovative thinking type of OC, someone who has the creativity to create several different offensive schemes, all of which are ever changing dependent on the personnel he has, like the Patriots have done over the last 10+ years, and the way Darrelle Bevell has done this season in Seattle for examples.

Well, compared to Sparano, Jackson is Mike Martz. That is how Rex will view it, anyway. Anything is better then the Bronco Nagurski offense he fielded last year. Without a Bronco Nagurski.

#31 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

He was Steve Young's QB coach, and O coordinator for a year, or 2, and is the reason Garcia ever made anything of himself in this league. Not to mention the QB coach for the Packers in the late 90's. I think he knows QB's, and can develop them VERY WELL, BUT his decision making is really really bad.

Steve Young? By the time he coached Steve Young, Young was what, 37 or 38 years old. I wouldn't say he helped 'develop Steve Young.
And Jeff Garcia became a decent QB when he was the HC in Detroit. So not sure how he made Young or Garcia better.

I'm not sold on this guy as the Eagles have been one of the most overhyped teams the past few seasons. So he was the OC of the Eagles when McNabb became bad and was dumped, Kolb leaves, Vick stinks, and the new kid isn't any good. How is that developing QBs?

The Eagles had some talented players on both sides of the ball the past few seasons and the Offense stunk no matter who was QB.
VIck became a turnover machine. Just what we need, an OC who makes Sanchez or somebody else worse than they already are.

Edited by pedro55, 11 January 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#32 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

On second thought who wouldn't want to be jets GM - by the time they get around to hiring one, he won't have any work to do to collect his paycheck

#33 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

ESPN Magazine once published some study that came to the conclusion that he is the next great HC.

Worked with the right people, has HC experience, has had success with QBs...He's a serious candidate and dare I say that he is not a bad idea for this organization.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#34 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 22,656 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

This guy has been more places than the Travelocity Gnome.

Must be a hell of a coach.
When the weight of the world has got you down And you want to end your life,Bills to pay, a dead-end job,And problems with the wife.But don't throw in the tow'l,'Cuz there's a place right down the block...Where you can drink your misery away...At Flaming Moe's.... (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)When liquor in a mug (Let's all go to Flaming Moe's...)Can warm you like a hug. (Flaming Moe's...)And happiness is just a Flaming Moe away...

#35 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

this team is a joke what has happend??????? Gamble loked like a great fit for us, now we are looking at no names for the GM job, im just so sick of how bad we have gotten and we are the joke of the nfl. f- - - them

#36 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

this team is a joke what has happend??????? Gamble loked like a great fit for us, now we are looking at no names for the GM job, im just so sick of how bad we have gotten and we are the joke of the nfl. f- - - them

imagine the candidates we'd be talking about if we didn't hire an elite headhunter!

Posted Image

#37 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,690 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

imagine the candidates we'd be talking about if we didn't hire an elite headhunter!

Posted Image

Lol....

#38 aec4

aec4

Resident Whiny Bitch

• Members
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

You know, a pure west coast style offense may be good for sanchez if we end up being stuck with him.

#39 Stonehands

Stonehands

Jet Fan

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Who conducted the interview?

#40 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Jets will be bringing in former Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron for an interview for their vacant OC job, per source

#41 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Desperation to the max now.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#42 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Who conducted the interview?

A guy who should be fired if the Jets are bad next year and is probably unqualified to do the job.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#43 Lupz27

Lupz27

2nd year player looking for a breakout season.

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Desperation to the max now.

Time for a fresh face/name the retreads are not gonna cut it in today's NFL without elite talent.

#44 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yeah the guy who got fired for never using Ray Rice. Perfect hire for this awful franchise.
Tank for Teddy.

#45 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Time for a fresh face/name the retreads are not gonna cut it in today's NFL without elite talent.

Yeah I've been promoting Jackson Newhouse for a while now.

#46 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yeah the guy who got fired for never using Ray Rice. Perfect hire for this awful franchise.

At least we don't have Ray Rice for him to not use. And Flacco is self-proclaimed elite.

All kidding aside... There are worse options than Cam.

#47 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,651 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Hire Greg Knapp. Let him bring Matt Leinart with him from Oakland. Profit.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#48 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,039 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Mornhinweg means we're going after Vick, imo.

Mularkey, who knows...

Edited by Integrity28, 12 January 2013 - 09:17 AM.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#49 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 31,039 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

At least we don't have Ray Rice for him to not use. And Flacco is self-proclaimed elite.

All kidding aside... There are worse options than Cam.

Cam has built good offenses everywhere he goes, not great, but good. If Rex's D goes back to being elite, that may be enough. That said, I don't want to shoot for average here.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#50 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 31,039 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Didn't Hue Jackson make that deal for Carson Palmer and get McFadden to finally play like an elite RB?

Both of those guys are available this offseason arent' they?

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users