Jaguars Request Permission to Interview Brian Schottenheimer For HC

jetscanes331

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to hearing 'Jones-Drew up the middle for a gain of 1' and 'Fullback goes in motion, Gabbert throws to the TE for a gain of 5 on 3rd-and-7'

And announcers saying "They have to break the huddle and get to the LOS and snap the ball because the playclock is downw to nothing", Never understood why you need that much time to call the same delayed draw over and over.

Here is the part that nobody will agree with but it is the truth.

Schotty will get a chance to be a head coach in this league and he could be a good one. I am not saying he will be. Just saying that because he was a mediocre O\C doesn't mean he can't be a good head coach. He will have coordinators on both sides of the ball and he will be the leader of the team. If he is good at that, he could be a good head coach.

Now you can all start not agreeing with me.

Horse sh*t. Everyone here blames Rex for "losing the lockerroom" in 2011 that who debacle was exclusive to one side of the ball, the side the Schotty had complete control over. He couldnt keep a unit together and now he's expected to keep an entire team together?

Caldwell was a big miss for the Jets according to this entire uniformed message board and his first move after firing his HC is to interview Schotty Jr. I'm laughing in the face of you all.

it's not great but the reason why coaches make that decision is because passing is higher risk. That's why they trotted Tim Tebow on the field. To limit the exposure of turnover machine Mark Sanchez.

I play alot of devils advocate because I believe we should try to walk in another man's shoes. We are jets fans and our jobs aren't on the line when they lose. If my paycheck was on the line, yeah I might call the draw too. Gutless and safe that's how the kids get to go to private school.

football wise my problem with Schotty was all his damn pre-snap motions. like anyone really believed the fullback was catching a pass out in the WR position. But it was a misdirection offense and every other team in the league does similar. he probably will be a long time HC jets fans, just prepare yourself for that. at least a Marvin Lewis type of small city institution.

My problem with the decision to fire Schotty is the lack of clear upgrades. Don't just change every 4 years just because they lost and you're mad. That's "punch a wall" thinking. The Jets could fire Rex and get the HC version of Tony Sparano. It is possible if not likely. It takes time to learn new play books. The "doesn't make the Jets better" has become a ha-ha meme for the board but I stand by it, at least in the case of firing Rex. Firing talented coaches is not a cure all for all that ails the Jets. In fact we will look back on Rex's D with fond memories.

Which is why ultimately Schitty and Sparano were fired mostly for doing exaclty what the HC wanted; low risk running offense with minimal chance to turn the ball over. The most laughable thing about the presser was Wrecks Ryan wanting to play an "attack" offense, what ever than means. Problem is you cannot hide a bad QB in the NFL. If the Jets could somehow find the next CUrt Warner,Rich Gannon or Vinny Testaverde(a real decent vet QB) we could turn things around and quickly. Alas there's nothing about Wrecks Ryan that would indicate he grasps that, how finding a real QB can cover a wealth of personnel errors. And he cannot because he's always and only about the defense. And worse until we're shown otherwise nobody in the NFL respects him because he's his father's son and because he refuses to cut bait on Pick 6.

Alas there's nothing about Wrecks Ryan that would indicate he grasps that, how finding a real QB can cover a wealth of personnel errors.

Lulz - 2 straight seasons completely ruined by a turnover machine at QB who he eventually benched (allbeit too late) but he's got no grasp on the fact he needs a QB?

Horse sh*t. Everyone here blames Rex for "losing the lockerroom" in 2011 that who debacle was exclusive to one side of the ball, the side the Schotty had complete control over. He couldnt keep a unit together and now he's expected to keep an entire team together?

Caldwell was a big miss for the Jets according to this entire uniformed message board and his first move after firing his HC is to interview Schotty Jr. I'm laughing in the face of you all.

He doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the team! He doesn't know what is going on in the lockerroom!

Jax GM Caldwell said he can't envision a scenario where Tebow is a Jaguar.

No GM has ever lied to the press! Ever!

Just imagine if Caldwell had accepted the JETS job with the pre-condition that he gets to fire Rex, then fired Rex and then ask permission to interview Schotty. I am sure 90% of the board would have had an aneurism!

Lose-Lose?

Lulz - 2 straight seasons completely ruined by a turnover machine at QB who he eventually benched (allbeit too late) but he's got no grasp on the fact he needs a QB?

"Mark Sanchez gives us the best chance to win".

Insert photos fo tattoo here.

He doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the team! He doesn't know what is going on in the lockerroom!

Honestly, I don't know how Rex doesn't get consideration for Coach of the Year this year.

Having to deal with the bad personnel decisions that were out of his control. The injuries. Rogue coaches going to the press that was out of his control. The injuries. The Offensive Coordinator that he didn't hire had no clue. The injuries. His players oversleeping and arriving unprepared any time the Jets faced a winning team. The injuries. Having Tim Tebow forced on him, when he clearly didn't want him. The injuries.

It may have been the best coaching of the decade.

Honestly, I don't know how Rex doesn't get consideration for Coach of the Year this year.

Having to deal with the bad personnel decisions that were out of his control. The injuries. Rogue coaches going to the press that was out of his control. The injuries. The Offensive Coordinator that he didn't hire had no clue. The injuries. His players oversleeping and arriving unprepared any time the Jets faced a winning team. The injuries. Having Tim Tebow forced on him, when he clearly didn't want him. The injuries.

If it's a valid complaint about Rex, isn't it a valid complaint about the guy coaching that side of the ball? Rex shouldn't be absolved, but why should Schottenheimer? If he'd be a good head coach and Rex wouldn't I would expect that he wouldn't need Wayne Hunter and Brandon Moore to bench Holmes.

Not one person here aside from perhaps JiF has said that Holmes and Revis being out were a valid excuse for this past season.

Not one person here aside from perhaps JiF has said that Holmes and Revis being out were a valid excuse for this past season.

I've never said they were the exclusive problem but I'm pretty sure losing the best defender in the game and your best offensive player hurts your team. Just a guess though. Not sure. I dont know much about Football.

Was he wrong? Did what you see of McElroy or Tebow make you think differently?

ANd how wasn't this addressed last off season? Did he complain when they dumped Stanton for Tebow? Did he think perhaps we needed an upgrade from Brunnell before that? Understand if you don't already-Wrecks Ryan is making all the big personnel decisions and he has for a very long time.

ANd how wasn't this addressed last off season? Did he complain when they dumped Stanton for Tebow? Did he think perhaps we needed an upgrade from Brunnell before that? Understand if you don't already-Wrecks Ryan is making all the big personnel decisions and he has for a very long time.

Yes because Drew ****ing Stanton was the answer to all our problems.

Actually, I don't think that Jesus Christ himself could conduct a solid offensive series with the mismanagement of development and player utilization that takes place on the offensive side of the ball with the NYJ.

Are you saying Jesus Christ cant hit a curve ball?

Lose-Lose?

In JETS world its lose-lose-pull out your remaining hair.

No one knows the professional accomplishment of these guys in the sense of how much they contributed to making that brilliant pick the media is talking about and giving them credit for. So they have to prove themselves.

But when a GM is hired and his second move is to interview Schotty, its likes great he is not the GM for the team i am rooting.

Off course we might end up getting Poop so there's that.

Rex wanted Sanchez, he got Sanchez, he stuck with Sanchez, and in the end, the Jets failed with Sanchez. Why he gets a pass for Sanchez is beyond me. Many coaches who draft a QB who winds up being a bust, wind up losing their jobs.

Dude, can you stop saying "gets a pass"? More than half the board is ready to fire the guy. Even among the few of us that like him, very few don't want him at the mercy of the new GM. Nobody is giving him a pass for anything, some of us just think there is enough good to outweigh the bad and build something.

Rex wanted Sanchez, he got Sanchez, he stuck with Sanchez, and in the end, the Jets failed with Sanchez. Why he gets a pass for Sanchez is beyond me. Many coaches who draft a QB who winds up being a bust, wind up losing their jobs.

Rex is the head coach of the NYJ. He coaches the players. There's an entire department full of scouts, led by Tannenbaum, who bear the responsibility for picking Mark Sanchez.

and by the way if the Jets had Josh Freeman right now, how different would the results be? sometimes the draft just sucks. As long as Rex keeps his defense elite it's not really his thing.

Rex is the head coach of the NYJ. He coaches the players. There's an entire department full of scouts, led by Tannenbaum, who bear the responsibility for picking Mark Sanchez.

and by the way if the Jets had Josh Freeman right now, how different would the results be? sometimes the draft just sucks. As long as Rex keeps his defense elite it's not really his thing.

You are naive if you think Rex had nothing to do with who the Jets picked or wanted. And being that the Jets stunk so bad on offense the past couple of seasons, which could lead to Rex being fired as HC, kind of means he should care about the other side of the ball.

i didn't say nothing to do but it's not his job. They fired the guy who drafted Mark Sanchez.

So if the new GM brings in Matt Moore this offseason and he sucks next season, Rex should get another pass because hey, it's offense and not defense and Rex should just worry about defense.

So if the new GM brings in Matt Moore this offseason and he sucks next season, Rex should get another pass because hey, it's offense and not defense and Rex should just worry about defense.

Matt Moore sucked before he will suck again. I don't understand this question. Rex Ryan is a coach he's not a scout or a GM. He doesn't make the draft picks. Unless it's of the John conner variety.

You are naive if you think Rex had nothing to do with who the Jets picked or wanted. And being that the Jets stunk so bad on offense the past couple of seasons, which could lead to Rex being fired as HC, kind of means he should care about the other side of the ball.

Rex certainly had a say in the pick, but that's not his responsibility as a first time, first year head-coach. It was Tanny and his entire scouting and player development staff to pick what's best for the team, not give in to the rookie coach.

If Rex is able to get everything he can out of Matt Moore then yes, he should be retained. This is the equivalent to saying, hey if Rex can't win with John Skelton and the players we give him than that's all on him.

If Rex is able to get everything he can out of Matt Moore then yes, he should be retained. This is the equivalent to saying, hey if Rex can't win with John Skelton and the players we give him than that's all on him.

Yeah how did that work out for Whisenhunt? Oh yeah he was fired.

And saying that, hey why fire any coach, it was the players they were given.

Why fire Sporano, he only worked with what was given. Why blame Brian S, he never had a legit QB.

WHy blame Mangini or Herm or anybody else for that matter. THey worked with what the GM and owner gave them.

And saying that, hey why fire any coach, it was the players they were given.

Why fire Sporano, he only worked with what was given. Why blame Brian S, he never had a legit QB.

WHy blame Mangini or Herm or anybody else for that matter. THey worked with what the GM and owner gave them.

Herm was exposed as a coach and Mangini was exiled for being a rat. Sparano is a good OL coach who was promoted too high. Brian S will be a marginal HC like Marvin Lewis for many years.

If the only criteria we are gonna judge anyone on is Super Bowl rings, than all of those men were failures with the Jets... and also firing them didn't fix the problem.

Here is the part that nobody will agree with but it is the truth.

Schotty will get a chance to be a head coach in this league and he could be a good one. I am not saying he will be. Just saying that because he was a mediocre O\C doesn't mean he can't be a good head coach. He will have coordinators on both sides of the ball and he will be the leader of the team. If he is good at that, he could be a good head coach.

Now you can all start not agreeing with me.

Using this logic, you could literally plug in any name and say the same thing, and it'd be equally as ignorant. It completely disqualifies what a head coach's job is. What in Schottenheimer's illustrious past makes him look like a good delegator or leader? His great skills at selecting quarterbacks? His reliance on geniuses like Matt Cavanaugh to develop those quarterbacks? His willingness to take responsibility for the team's struggles? Or, perhaps, his ability to control difficult personalities like Holmes and Plax? Or his firm hand, like when he needed Henry Ellard to bench Holmes when Holmes threw his Miami tirade?

Schottenheimer has failed at every aspect of coaching and he keeps getting jobs solely because his father was a Good Ol Boy in the coaching ranks. He sucks.

Sanchez sucks. True.

Schotty was scapegoated. False. True

Sparano was worse. Also true.

But Sparano being worse didn't excuse Schotty's 3rd & 8 handoffs to Greene up the middle for 2.

No OC would have flourished tied to this pos we have at QB. Just think of all the 3rd and 8 Sanchez ints or fumbles Schott probably avoided by having him hand off. He knows Sanchez is horrible. Im convinced he game planned and called plays to minimize Sanchezs negative impact on gameday.

I hope he does well if he gets the job in Jax.

Archived