•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a realistic path to 10 wins in 2013?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

As bleak as things look right now, is there any way (short of stealing the rights to Aaron Rodgers) that this Jets team can get to ten wins? As of right now, it's Rex and Sanchez and pray for the healthy return of Darrelle Revis.

Maybe if they get the killer pass rusher in the draft, and Matt Moore meshes with the OC-to-be-named-later, and if the new DC is a savant, etc etc... What would have to happen between now and next August for us to compete?

Or, as seems to be the common wisdom, are the 2013 Jets already doomed?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Repeal of the freedom of the press clause.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,957 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Repeal of the freedom of the press clause.

VVV WIN STEALER VVV

Posted Image
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,853 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

If the Jets win 10 games next year, I'll drink Chardonnay out of that crater Crusher calls a belly button at one of Joe's tailgates.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#5 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

VVV WIN STEALER VVV

Posted Image

The face of evil.

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#6 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,578 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I hope new GM, whoever he may be, comes in taking the long view. If he does, 10 wins next season comes as a result of a hungry young roster and quite a bit of luck - but it probably doesn't come at all.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#7 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Doom. Doooooooooom

#8 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,742 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

10 forfeits
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#9 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

As bleak as things look right now, is there any way (short of stealing the rights to Aaron Rodgers) that this Jets team can get to ten wins? As of right now, it's Rex and Sanchez and pray for the healthy return of Darrelle Revis.

Maybe if they get the killer pass rusher in the draft, and Matt Moore meshes with the OC-to-be-named-later, and if the new DC is a savant, etc etc... What would have to happen between now and next August for us to compete?

Yes, there is a path to 10 wins - the key for Rex & Jets is to get back to the formula that made them successful on '09 & '10.

1 - Rebuild the OL - I don't care what stats bitonti throws out, this line sucked. Use the first 2 draft picks on OG, RT. I would target Warmack from Alabama who is an absolute beast.

2 - The defense improves next season. Revis is back, Scott, Pace, Thomas, and E Smith are gone. Time for Rex to earn his money with new faces but the defense needs to improve.

3 - Stop turning the ball over (especially in the red zone) - this one is simple. most likely that means Sanchez needs to sit on the bench but without that much offensive firepower the Jets cannot afford to turn it over 2-3 times / game.

4 - 2 words, game manager. I don't care if it's A Smith, Matt Moore, McElroy, etc... Basically, anyone but Sanchez and preferably someone who has a little mobility.

Great OL + good defense + game manager = 10 wins.

That formula may not win the super bowl next year but 10 wins is certainly realistic.

#10 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,515 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

If we have an above average QB and a half way decent off season and no CFL GM's its not hard to imagine a 9 to 10 win season.

#11 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,432 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well you never know.

The CFL GM might be able to bring some OL guys from up there better than the ones we have down here.

Edited by kelticwizard, 12 January 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#12 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

That formula may not win the super bowl next year but 10 wins is certainly realistic.

This is the formula for two wins.

#13 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

If we have an above average QB and a half way decent off season and no CFL GM's its not hard to imagine a 9 to 10 win season.

this....and it aint gonna happen...

#14 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

There's always a path to winning:

Posted Image

White Jesus waves hello.

Edited by SenorGato, 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#15 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Definitely. There is definitely such a path.

Sanchez' stats were BRUTAL last year and we lost our 2 biggest impact players in Revis and Holmes. If you think about it, it's amazing we can win 6 with Sanchez playing as bad as he did. If we were healthy and had even a mediocre QB like Matt Flynn or Matt Moore, we probably would have won 9 last season anyway. Just remember how bad Sanchez was, there were at least 3 games that he lost for us single-handedly.

#16 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Neither of those guys are mediocre QBs, they're bad QBs. They're *DIFFERENT* bad QBs though, and that might be the kicker.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

#17 IPack

IPack

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

The focus should be on building the team not 10 wins. I would t waste money on the quarterback position, grab one in 2014 instead.

#18 Ignatius del Sol

Ignatius del Sol

Practice Squad Player

• Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Can't it be both? I mean, you have to be talking about a pretty severely talent deficient team to say that ten wins isn't even a realistic possibility. At the same time, we're screwed for the foreseeable future because the organization is just a total debacle.

#19 Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet

Transition Player

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

They could move to the CFL and almost be dominent if they could get a competant QB.

Edited by Kentucky Jet, 12 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

NY Jets! Our time has come! GO JETS!

#20 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Yes, there is a path to 10 wins - the key for Rex & Jets is to get back to the formula that made them successful on '09 & '10.

1 - Rebuild the OL - I don't care what stats bitonti throws out, this line sucked. Use the first 2 draft picks on OG, RT. I would target Warmack from Alabama who is an absolute beast.

2 - The defense improves next season. Revis is back, Scott, Pace, Thomas, and E Smith are gone. Time for Rex to earn his money with new faces but the defense needs to improve.

3 - Stop turning the ball over (especially in the red zone) - this one is simple. most likely that means Sanchez needs to sit on the bench but without that much offensive firepower the Jets cannot afford to turn it over 2-3 times / game.

4 - 2 words, game manager. I don't care if it's A Smith, Matt Moore, McElroy, etc... Basically, anyone but Sanchez and preferably someone who has a little mobility.

Great OL + good defense + game manager = 10 wins.

Too many holes. Remember when they coded al the plays by color for Sanchez so he would know which were the one he had to be most careful about. It actually worked for a year. The plan could not keep him from fumbling, ever, but it worked for the rest of that year. He just kept geting worse and worse. Your plan sounds feasible, but we can never compile all the talent that needs replacing in an offseason, unless we trade some chips for multiple picks.

#21 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,134 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

1 - Rebuild the OL - I don't care what stats bitonti throws out, this line sucked.

PFF has the Jets as their 5th rated OL in the league. It's not just me saying the line is good. By the way preprare yourself for the Jets RFA tendering Austin Howard. on a team with only 10 starters under contract, that's a cheap way for an 11th. Whoever the next GM is gonna do it. So just be ready.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#22 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Why would it be shocking to tender Austin Howard something?

#23 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,708 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Launch Mark Sanchez into the sun

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#24 nycdan

nycdan

I see with my big round eye...

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

It would definitely help if wonderboy up in New England were to strain his uterus or something and miss both our games against them.
Posted Image

Let's go eat a god damned snack!

#25 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

Keep Smiling

• Members
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yes there is a path. It's called the Yellow Brick Road. Can the Mayor of Munchkinland play QB??
Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users