Anyone want to criticize the Jets now?

dbatesman

Sometimes you need to just stop Sperm. It was not a perfect throw but NOBODY makes a perfect throw there. Heck half the league does not even attempt the throw.

Flacco had another very good play-off performance.

Like I needed to stop insisting how awful Sanchez is and was? Gee I was sure wrong about that.

Flacco did have a good game. I don't know where you get the idea I suggested otherwise. All I said was that the game's biggest impact play (given it's time) was a lucky pass that was underthrown.

Easy for you to say "NOBODY" makes a perfect throw there when the only one put in a position to attempt it was Joe Flacco. Since when is Joe Flacco the measuring stick of QB accuracy at any distance?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can say it's lucky because it is lucky. Utter nonsense that there are only 3 NFL QBs who have enough arm to make that throw. There may be few that could have made the throw necessary to ensure it wasn't batted away or picked off, and Flacco is probably one of them. But just because he threw it as far as he did doesn't mean that's as far as he could have thrown on that play. I don't know how that gets automatically assumed.

Sanchez doesn't have Flacco's arm strength and he has enough arm to underthrow Jones by that same amount also. So does Eli, Vick, Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, the 3 rookies, Kaepernick, Newton, Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Henne, Locker, Freeman, and probably others I'm not thinking of offhand.

Only ones who might not - and I don't really know for sure they couldn't anyway, but those who might be suspect - I'd say would be Peyton, Ryan, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Dalton.

I don't have to be in awe of that underthrown pass, or express that it wasn't, as a prerequisite for acknowledging Flacco has top-level arm strength.

I can say it's lucky because it is lucky. Utter nonsense that there are only 3 NFL QBs who have enough arm to make that throw. There may be few that could have made the throw necessary to ensure it wasn't batted away or picked off, and Flacco is probably one of them. But just because he threw it as far as he did doesn't mean that's as far as he could have thrown on that play. I don't know how that gets automatically assumed.

Sanchez doesn't have Flacco's arm strength and he has enough arm to underthrow Jones by that same amount also. So does Eli, Vick, Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, the 3 rookies, Kaepernick, Newton, Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Henne, Locker, Freeman, and probably others I'm not thinking of offhand.

Only ones who might not - and I don't really know for sure they couldn't anyway, but those who might be suspect - I'd say would be Peyton, Ryan, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Dalton.

I don't have to be in awe of that underthrown pass, or express that it wasn't, as a prerequisite for acknowledging Flacco has top-level arm strength.

I've seen Alex Smith throw a ball 60 yards in stride when he was falling down.

That was when he sucked too.

Like I needed to stop insisting how awful Sanchez is and was? Gee I was sure wrong about that.

Flacco did have a good game. I don't know where you get the idea I suggested otherwise. All I said was that the game's biggest impact play (given it's time) was a lucky pass that was underthrown.

Easy for you to say "NOBODY" makes a perfect throw there when the only one put in a position to attempt it was Joe Flacco. Since when is Joe Flacco the measuring stick of QB accuracy at any distance?

You're a knowledgable poster but a revisionist guy for the most part when it comes to Sanchez and our past 4-5 drafts. You are absolutely correct in hindsight........... I would like to see some of your statements made up front or early on. Hindsight is easy.

Actually you called Flacco's throw one of the worst you've ever seen or something to that affect.

This has to be a joke post. Manning chokes in the playoffs, it's a given. But the guy has won what, 12+ games almost every season he's been a starting QB in the NFL. And he's had some of the worst NFL coaches. Jim Mora? Talk about a choker. Tony Dungy? Talk about a guy who couldn't win big games. And then the last few seasons where the Colts quit against the Jets in an undefeated season. Now there's John Fox.

As much as Manning is a choker, Brady has benefited from having BB his entire career. Manning seems to have to be the damn HC considering a lot of his own HC were so damn conservative or afraid to take chances.

But damn.. Manning probably takes the Broncos to the playoffs as a #1 or #2 seed again next season. While Sanchez is riding the bench or starting for a 3-13 Jets team.

You're a knowledgable poster but a revisionist guy for the most part when it comes to Sanchez and our past 4-5 drafts. You are absolutely correct in hindsight........... I would like to see some of your statements made up front or early on. Hindsight is easy.

Actually you called Flacco's throw one of the worst you've ever seen or something to that affect.

The hell this is hindsight. He had no business starting right away and I was blasted here for weeks on end for suggesting it. In 2009, Imaginary-GM Sperm wanted to bring in Jeff Garcia and have Sanchez hold a clipboard. Garcia and Sanchez seemed to have a similar skillset and Garcia played well for TB in 2008. It was laughed at. The prevailing comments - in between the attacks - thrown my way were that Peyton Manning and others said a QB doesn't learn anything by holding a clipboard. IMO that was a stupid strategy for a guy with such limited experience in college (and, as it turned out, who had such limited talent and fragile nerves, among other shortcomings).

His whole rookie season I was calling for him to be benched. I have had no confidence in him since seeing him on an NFL playing field. Worst game I ever saw QB'd was the Buffalo game his rookie year. It should be a statistical impossibility to lose a game when your defense shows up and your RBs gain well over 300 yards on the ground. His stats - bad as they were - tell a different tale in hindsight as to just how awful he was because he benefited from setting some type of record for dropped interceptions those first couple of years. But the enormity of picks he threw - the ones that were caught - weren't thrown any worse than the ones that were dropped. We just got lucky on the dropped ones is all.

He's a low-talent bum. (And I'd still rather him as the QB next year than Vick, who is just the lowest of low on the humanity scale and I could never see myself rooting for him).

Regarding Flacco's throw I said it was underthrown, which it was. The "worst pass I've ever seen" comment was tongue-in-cheek and everyone else got it.

The hell this is hindsight. He had no business starting right away and I was blasted here for weeks on end for suggesting it. In 2009, Imaginary-GM Sperm wanted to bring in Jeff Garcia and have Sanchez hold a clipboard. Garcia and Sanchez seemed to have a similar skillset and Garcia played well for TB in 2008. It was laughed at. The prevailing comments - in between the attacks - thrown my way were that Peyton Manning and others said a QB doesn't learn anything by holding a clipboard. IMO that was a stupid strategy for a guy with such limited experience in college (and, as it turned out, who had such limited talent and fragile nerves, among other shortcomings).

His whole rookie season I was calling for him to be benched. I have had no confidence in him since seeing him on an NFL playing field. Worst game I ever saw QB'd was the Buffalo game his rookie year. It should be a statistical impossibility to lose a game when your defense shows up and your RBs gain well over 300 yards on the ground. His stats - bad as they were - tell a different tale in hindsight as to just how awful he was because he benefited from setting some type of record for dropped interceptions those first couple of years. But the enormity of picks he threw - the ones that were caught - weren't thrown any worse than the ones that were dropped. We just got lucky on the dropped ones is all.

He's a low-talent bum. (And I'd still rather him as the QB next year than Vick, who is just the lowest of low on the humanity scale and I could never see myself rooting for him).

Regarding Flacco's throw I said it was underthrown, which it was. The "worst pass I've ever seen" comment was tongue-in-cheek and everyone else got it.

everything Sperm says is correct.

He was on point from day One and has not revised a damn thing. I tip my hat to him.

everything Sperm says is correct.

He was on point from day One and has not revised a damn thing. I tip my hat to him.

Like many others he was very happy Sanchez started from day one after the SD play-off game. Lot's of fans thought Sanchez was on his way after both the 09 and 10 post seasons. Shame it did not work out but there was indeed a lot of waffling, crow eating and revisionist posting then as well as now.

All part of being a Jets fan.

Like many others he was very happy Sanchez started from day one after the SD play-off game. Lot's of fans thought Sanchez was on his way after both the 09 and 10 post seasons. Shame it did not work out but there was indeed a lot of waffling, crow eating and revisionist posting then as well as now.

All part of being a Jets fan.

False and baseless accusation.. I was happy the rest of the team was that awesome. He almost blew that game with his ineptitude. Luckily, Rivers is also a choke artist and threw one right at Revis.

Sanchez is the reason we didn't get into and win a superbowl. Twice.

You are projecting your horrible QB judgment on me. The only mistake I made was at one point thinking he might actually be talented enough to be mediocre.

False and baseless accusation.. I was happy the rest of the team was that awesome. He almost blew that game with his ineptitude. Luckily, Rivers is also a choke artist and threw one right at Revis.

Sanchez is the reason we didn't get into and win a superbowl. Twice.

You are projecting your horrible QB judgment on me. The only mistake I made was at one point thinking he might actually be talented enough to be mediocre.

Your words after that game in the Sanchez clipboard thread:

"Turned out great. I couldn't be happier".

Put some butter on those waffles will ya.

Your words after that game in the Sanchez clipboard thread:

"Turned out great. I couldn't be happier".

Put some butter on those waffles will ya.

What are you talking about?

We won the game despite bad play and bad judgment to give a superbowl team to a low-talent, rookie with minimal college experience. We won, therefore I couldn't be happier. I wouldn't have cared if it was Brooks Bollinger. That doesn't mean it would have been the smart thing to go into the season with him at QB either.

We didn't win because Sanchez was 12-23 for 100 yards with a TD and a pick. We won because our defense caused 2 timely turnovers, SD got flagged for like a hundred yards in penalties, and we out-rushed them by over 100 yards on the ground. Win pretty, win ugly, as long as it's a win I couldn't have been happier.

Sanchez as a rookie didnt outshoot Peyton- gee what a shock.

The Steelers game wasnt a shootout. They started the game with a 12 minute drive for gods sakes.

First of all, it doesn't make a difference whether he's a rookie or not. You're in the championship game. That means the team was good enough to get to a superbowl. Second, it also highlights the stupidity of going with Sanchez.

And you're all over the place now by citing the Pittsburgh game. I said sometimes you need to win a shootout. That doesn't mean every game is a shootout or needs to be one and don't know how you extrapolated that. But we would have won that game also with a good QB.

Every team, on the way to the superbowl, doesn't mark up automatic losses because their offense had to overcome the rest of the team (defense or special teams) giving up 17 points in the first half. If they did, we'd have 2 different teams in the superbowl this year. With Sanchez, it's "Hey, what can you do? The defense gave up 17 points so the game's over," or "Our defense gave up 30 points in a game. No offense can overcome that."

The Colts game was the first time in 8 games the defense had given up over 15 points and we saw the result when we needed to put points on the board. On the opening drive of the second half, getting into 50/50 FG range from 52 yards out was the closest we game to scoring a point for the rest of the game. That is more of a choke job than giving up a couple of second half TDs to Peyton Manning when the offense keeps giving the ball back to him within 3 minutes every time we get a possession. Second half, Sanchez was 8-of-19 (not counting the meaningless last drive with a minute left when Indy was defending nothing but the sidelines and deep passes). One of them was a 2-yard completion on 3rd & 15 so it was as useful as taking a knee. He completed one pass in the 2nd half where the ball traveled 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He had that great throw to Braylon and threw one to Keller after that and we're expected, as fans, to say "That's 2 TDs. Plenty to get to the superbowl."

If Baltimore had Mark Sanchez they wouldn't be in the superbowl.

If San Fran had Mark Sanchez they wouldn't be in the superbowl.

Sanchez apologists would have excused the loss on the road to getting there because of insurmountable leads in the conference championship for Baltimore or the championship game for San Fran.

If we had either Kaepernick or Flacco we'd have been in 2 superbowls in 2 years with the way the rest of those teams were constructed.

I can excuse misfiring on a draft pick. I can't excuse going all-in on a season with a raw rookie matched to a superbowl-caliber team and providing no other option for the position.

If Baltimore had Mark Sanchez they wouldn't be in the superbowl.

If San Fran had Mark Sanchez they wouldn't be in the superbowl.

Sanchez apologists would have excused the loss on the road to getting there because of insurmountable leads in the conference championship for Baltimore or the championship game for San Fran.

If we had either Kaepernick or Flacco we'd have been in 2 superbowls in 2 years with the way the rest of those teams were constructed.

I can excuse misfiring on a draft pick. I can't excuse going all-in on a season with a raw rookie matched to a superbowl-caliber team and providing no other option for the position.

Dont disagree with anything you said here...its the notion of putting a Flacco on this current Jets team that they'd be contending. However Flacco did lose to both Indy and Pittsburgh both years we did as well.

No one's apologizing for Sanchez he is terrible. Its apologizing of management for putting this type of offense together when you think a good QB could turn Clyde Gates into Fred Bilitnikoff is what's ridiculous to me.

Both Baltimore and SF have excellent players that have the ability to make their QB's look good.

I think Brady had the least amount of weapons to work with and alas he was sent home. Granted when he sees pressure up the middle, he struggles...but the Pats need some guys who can make plays with the ball in their hands and not just running pick plays for Welker.

Dont disagree with anything you said here...its the notion of putting a Flacco on this current Jets team that they'd be contending. However Flacco did lose to both Indy and Pittsburgh both years we did as well.

No one's apologizing for Sanchez he is terrible. Its apologizing of management for putting this type of offense together when you think a good QB could turn Clyde Gates into Fred Bilitnikoff is what's ridiculous to me.

Both Baltimore and SF have excellent players that have the ability to make their QB's look good.

I think Brady had the least amount of weapons to work with and alas he was sent home. Granted when he sees pressure up the middle, he struggles...but the Pats need some guys who can make plays with the ball in their hands and not just running pick plays for Welker.

I would love for you to pull up a post where I - or anyone else - alluded to anything remotely close to this.

The only thing I've said about the receivers not mattering at times, is when they're wide open and Sanchez misses them. If someone's open they're open and the body wearing the Jets jersey doesn't matter much. But I haven't seen anything from Clyde Gates to suggest he would be a star receiver with the likes of Joe Flacco. But the Jets didn't have Clyde Gates in '09 or '10. They had Edwards/Cotchery/Keller/Smith and Holmes/Edwards/Cotchery/Keller/Smith in those years.

Archived