Anyone want to criticize the Jets now?

dbatesman

Fox isnt telling Manning anything. That's on Peyton for sitting on the ball.

Now all of a sudden Fox is dictating the offense? Come on.

bullsh*t......no way manning is telling fox they are taking a knee and fox just says ok. manning might call plays at the line or have a ton of leeway to change the called plays but no way he is taking a knee with 30 sec and 3 timeouts and only needing a fieldgoal without being told to do so

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this thread serious? peyton probably going to win mvp and cpoty. 30 secs, 3 timeouts and that pussy fox doesnt try for a fg and instead has manning take a knee? broncos defense is what really sh*t the bed yesterday. yeah manning made a bad decision and throw but the game never should have been in OT to begin with. the jets and us should pray we can ever have a qb as good as manning. but alas we will forever be subjected to complete wastes and bums like sanchez, kellen clemens, brooks bollinger, rick mirer, glenn foley and tebow. the best we can say is we caught lightning in a bottle with interceptaverde in '98 and had a noodle-armed china doll and picked o'brien over marino. oh yeah, 40 something years ago we won a superbowl before it was even the superbowl and the qb who brought us that triumph can be seen lately getting plastered and trying to kiss reporters on national tv or trashing the current team as he walks around with his pants pulled up to his nipples. oh yeah......thank god woody told manning to get lost :/

Sanchez is a playoff Dynamo, 4 road wins including a beat down against Manning. A couple bad games don't mean the kid isn't a stud

You and neck are collectively correct. Not really clear who made the decisions at the end of the halves, but Manning must've ahd some input.

But above all, DelRio not having at least 1 saftye waaaaaay deep with 8 people in coverage is so derelict it's ridiculous. Even if they complete the pass, if you keep him in bounds the Ravens with no timeouts would've been hardpressed to get in the endzone with figure 18-20 seconds left aftert the ball got set.

Coverage was absurdly bad. Give Flacco credit for that throw though....kids arm is fantastic...off balance getting it that far down the field...

bullsh*t......no way manning is telling fox they are taking a knee and fox just says ok. manning might call plays at the line or have a ton of leeway to change the called plays but no way he is taking a knee with 30 sec and 3 timeouts and only needing a fieldgoal without being told to do so

Manning doesnt have a 30 second go down the field type of arm anymore....he was throwing lollypops. Peyton made the run call on 3rd and 7.

Sanchez is a playoff Dynamo, 4 road wins including a beat down against Manning. A couple bad games don't mean the kid isn't a stud

sanchez is a stud? lol. ur either joking or part of the .01% of the country who might actually believe this. trust me if it wasn't gonna hit the jets cap for like 1 billion dollars next year sanchez would already have been cut

a couple bad games?

Brady has choked plenty in the playoffs, if Manning had the pats d 10 years ago he would have done as good as Brady.

Brady lost 2 SB games where he actully put his team in a position to win neither was his fault and he certainly was not throwing pick sixes all over the yard and at the end of games. First time vs the giants he drove his team for the go ahead score not sure how thats a choke and he did it while getting hammered by the giants DL for most of the game. If that was Manning taking that beating he would have crumbled into a fetal position and been crying all over the field just like he does when someone drops a pass

sanchez is a stud? lol. ur either joking or part of the .01% of the country who might actually believe this. trust me if it wasn't gonna hit the jets cap for like 1 billion dollars next year sanchez would already have been cut

a couple bad games?

Kid shows up big like King Kong come playoffs. It's not his fault the team around him can't get him there. Why do you think a couple football guys like Woody and Rex told Manning to pound sand this offseason? Kid really is a stud, Jets fans are just stupid. Viva La Sanchez!

Kid shows up big like King Kong come playoffs. It's not his fault the team around him can't get him there. Why do you think a couple football guys like Woody and Rex told Manning to pound sand this offseason? Kid really is a stud, Jets fans are just stupid. Viva La Sanchez!

ok any post that calls woody a football guy is an obvious troll.......

Flacco's throw to Jones sucked and was underthrown to the point where Jones had to stop running altogether. Luckily for Baltimore the coverage was even worse than the throw. Mediocre coverage would have resulted in an incomplete pass. Good coverage and it's picked off. Manning's pick-6 pass was a better thrown ball. His earlier bomb to Smith was an awesome throw, though.

Denver should give us a 1st in 2013 plus a 2nd in 2014 (or vice versa) for one of our CBs after their season went down the tubes like that.

Whatever. Not like I give a crap about either of these 2 teams. Gotta say, though, it was an exciting friggin' game.

It wasnt underthrown. He had one chance to get that ball downfield so he threw him a pop up. It gave plenty of time to position and jump if necessary but because the safety blew it he didnt have to post him for it. The ball was perfect.

It wasnt underthrown. He had one chance to get that ball downfield so he threw him a pop up. It gave plenty of time to position and jump if necessary but because the safety blew it he didnt have to post him for it. The ball was perfect.

You're high. The ball was not perfect. Jones had his man beat, had to stop running, and wait for the ball to arrive. It required not one, but two defenders, misplaying the ball in the air. But for that happening it's batted down or picked off and was therefore not a perfect pass.

His bomb to Smith was perfect. Smith had his man beat and only Smith had a shot at it and didn't have to break stride (let alone fully stop).

He stepped into the throw. It was underthrown. Shoddy play on the ball in the air made it look otherwise.

He stepped into the throw. It was underthrown. Shoddy play on the ball in the air made it look otherwise.

He moved up into the pocket. He threw it flat footed though becuase of the pressure coming from his front side.

I don't know what you're arguing. The ball was underthrown and 2 guys in the secondary played it badly.

the secondary blew it, but there arent many guys capable of making that throw.

It as a good ball considering the pressure and where he saw the safety was.

the secondary blew it, but there arent many guys capable of making that throw.

It as a good ball considering the pressure and where he saw the safety was.

It was a lucky play, nothing more. Two defenders backpedaling instead of running made it look like less like the Favre up for grabs chuck that it was.

It was a lucky play, nothing more. Two defenders backpedaling instead of running made it look like less like the Favre up for grabs chuck that it was.

Was definitely lucky. Just was crazy Flacco could even get that ball there was all I was saying. If Peyton even attempts that throw its intercepted.

He stepped into his throw. I've seen Chad Pennington throw the ball and get 50 yards of air under it. I think you're underestimating how far most of these guys can throw.

He didnt step into it. What were you watching. The pressure from his side forced him to stop and then lock and fire....it was a sick pass considering he could get it that far down the field.

Pennington? lol. It sounds like you lost money on the game.

He didnt step into it. What were you watching. The pressure from his side forced him to stop and then lock and fire....it was a sick pass considering he could get it that far down the field.

Pennington? lol. It sounds like you lost money on the game.

Sperm, I think he threw it off balance.

Just watched it again. He stepped into his throw. The notion that he threw off-balance off his back foot or something is untrue.

And I didn't lose money on it. Just find it silly that people are calling the throw some kind of strike when it was all about blown coverage with 2 defenders backpedaling off-balance while the ball was in the air.

You can step into a throw and it can still be off-balance...

I just watched it again. And while it wasnt as off-balance as I first thought, I did see him throw it alittle off balance due to the pass rush right in front of him during his release.

Worst pass I've ever seen.

Sometimes you need to just stop Sperm. It was not a perfect throw but NOBODY makes a perfect throw there. Heck half the league does not even attempt the throw.

Flacco had another very good play-off performance.

The throw from Flacco was terrible. Terrible.

It should have ended the game there and then, it was followed by the worst play I've ever seen from a safety, who inexplicably gets lost under the ball. 9/10 times that's an INT.

I swear we must be watching different plays.

Off balance to make that type of throw is ridiculous. Flacco's arm is awesome...there are like 3 QB's in the league who could even get that ball there.

Denver safety screwed up but the throw wasnt terrible by any means. Flacco outplayed Peyton too. If anyone was making sh*tty throws it was Manning throwing Chad flutter balls all game. His arm is shot.

I don't give a crap about either team or either QB. But Manning's pick-6 was a far more on-target throw than Flacco's 70-yard TD. One got lucky and one didn't. The throw was up for grabs and while a difficult throw, it was nowhere near the "perfect" throw people have made it out to be. He got lucky and Manning didn't. And then in OT Manning did his Playoff Peyton thing.

I don't give a crap about either team or either QB. But Manning's pick-6 was a far more on-target throw than Flacco's 70-yard TD. One got lucky and one didn't. The throw was up for grabs and while a difficult throw, it was nowhere near the "perfect" throw people have made it out to be. He got lucky and Manning didn't. And then in OT Manning did his Playoff Peyton thing.

You can say its lucky but Flacco is one of a handful of players that can even attempt that throw. Peyton couldnt run that Baltimore offense with his arm.

I swear we must be watching different plays.

Off balance to make that type of throw is ridiculous. Flacco's arm is awesome...there are like 3 QB's in the league who could even get that ball there.

Denver safety screwed up but the throw wasnt terrible by any means. Flacco outplayed Peyton too. If anyone was making sh*tty throws it was Manning throwing Chad flutter balls all game. His arm is shot.

Oh it's physically impressive, but it's a terrible throw.

JaMarcus Russell made plenty of those throws, although with him the NFL defensive backs tended to make the play expected from an NFL defensive back.

Agreed on Manning. He's not done, because he's still smart enough, but his arm is shot.

You can say its lucky but Flacco is one of a handful of players that can even attempt that throw. Peyton couldnt run that Baltimore offense with his arm.

I can say it's lucky because it is lucky. Utter nonsense that there are only 3 NFL QBs who have enough arm to make that throw. There may be few that could have made the throw necessary to ensure it wasn't batted away or picked off, and Flacco is probably one of them. But just because he threw it as far as he did doesn't mean that's as far as he could have thrown on that play. I don't know how that gets automatically assumed.

Sanchez doesn't have Flacco's arm strength and he has enough arm to underthrow Jones by that same amount also. So does Eli, Vick, Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, the 3 rookies, Kaepernick, Newton, Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Henne, Locker, Freeman, and probably others I'm not thinking of offhand.

Only ones who might not - and I don't really know for sure they couldn't anyway, but those who might be suspect - I'd say would be Peyton, Ryan, Alex Smith, Fitzpatrick, Ponder, Dalton.

I don't have to be in awe of that underthrown pass, or express that it wasn't, as a prerequisite for acknowledging Flacco has top-level arm strength.

Archived