Harbaugh Bowl

Latinlawyer

Ravens vs. 49ers Super Bowl.

I feel this is what will happen next week. I don't see the Falcons winning and the Pats will lose in a revenge match. The Texans were pathetic...dropped passes, soft D when it counted the most. Seahawks would have won if Pete Carroll had not called time out...

Defense Bowl.

Personel wise the Jets are a pass rushing starting caliber OLB, a free safety, and a healthy Pouha/Ellis rotation at NT away IMO. Sure that starting caliber pass rushing OLB has to be Suggs/Smith good, but otherwise I think the starting DL of Coples/Pouha-Ellis/Wilkerson puts this D in a pretty solid position.#Turnthissh*taroundquickNewGM

Defense Bowl.

Personel wise the Jets are a pass rushing starting caliber OLB, a free safety, and a healthy Pouha/Ellis rotation at NT away IMO. Sure that starting caliber pass rushing OLB has to be Suggs/Smith good, but otherwise I think the starting DL of Coples/Pouha-Ellis/Wilkerson puts this D in a pretty solid position.#Turnthissh*taroundquickNewGM

I like that now that everyone here is advocating it's a "passing league" and we need offense to win, you have gone adopted the undertone that defense wins championships.

Kudos.

I give props to the Patriots for running their offense so quickly with minimal errors.

The Texans played that whole game scared of the Patriots. It was disgusting.

Matt Schaub looked like he was moving in slow-motion. That whole team looked lethargic and tentative. There is not a team left in this tournament that is playing that slow, or scared. Ravens don't fear the Pats. Falcons look great. San Fran looks like this year's champ.

I like that now that everyone here is advocating it's a "passing league" and we need offense to win, you have gone adopted the undertone that defense wins championships.

Kudos.

Those are teams are not built in extraordinarily different ways from the Jets, and both laid their foundations on defense and a more conservative style. Flacco and Kapernik are hardly the ideal at QB, but a couple of plays a game each this week, minimal mistakes, and things are going well for them.

I give props to the Patriots for running their offense so quickly with minimal errors.

The Texans played that whole game scared of the Patriots. It was disgusting.

Matt Schaub looked like he was moving in slow-motion. That whole team looked lethargic and tentative. There is not a team left in this tournament that is playing that slow, or scared. Ravens don't fear the Pats. Falcons look great. San Fran looks like this year's champ.

The Ravens are old though.

Those are teams are not built in extraordinarily different ways from the Jets, and both laid their foundations on defense and a more conservative style. Flacco and Kapernik are hardly the ideal at QB, but a couple of plays a game each this week, minimal mistakes, and things are going well for them.

Thanks, I'm aware. I've never advocated doing away with our defense, just that we do not need 2 top flight CBs and that we should consider the pros/cons of trading one of them to acquire draft picks so we can speed up the injection of talented young players on the roster.

For instance, if we were to trade Revis - say we get a 1st and 3rd for him, in addition to the salary cap we clear out. What do we lose? The best defensive back in football, from a defense that was really pretty good against the pass without him - right? What do we gain? (Assuming we have a competent GM... ) a QB prospect, maybe an all-purpose RB that fits today's NFL, another CB that can take Revis place for a lower cap number, a couple of LBers to replace Pace, Scott, Thomas?

I dunno.

I look at the Jets roster and it looks like a barren cupboard with two jars of caviar in it. Cromartie and Revis. I'd rather trade one meal of caviar for a weeks worth of peanut butter and jelly. Maybe a weak analogy, but that's one way I've looked at the situation we are facing.

It doesn't need to be the polarized argument you are working so hard to make it... I believe 100% there's always more than one way to solve a problem, this is just one that I thought of and wanted to see what other people had in mind.

The Ravens are old though.

Ray Lewis is old. You are delusional if you think the rest of the team is slow as a result of him having lost a step... and Ray Lewis at this stage is still better than 90% of the inside LBers in the NFL. Besides, it's not his 40 speed that matters... it's the way he gets that team amped up. They'll run through walls for that freak show.

Ray Lewis is old. You are delusional if you think the rest of the team is slow as a result of him having lost a step... and Ray Lewis at this stage is still better than 90% of the inside LBers in the NFL. Besides, it's not his 40 speed that matters... it's the way he gets that team amped up. They'll run through walls for that freak show.

FAIL

Ravens offense is the oldest in the NFL http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/72847/which-teams-have-youngest-oldest-starters

Their defense aint no spring chickens either at 15th.

FAIL

Ravens offense is the oldest in the NFL http://espn.go.com/b...oldest-starters

Their defense aint no spring chickens either at 15th.

Right, I fail.

Old doesn't mean slow... you are like every other fan up here trying to delude yourself into what the Ravens achilles heel is. A reflex of being scared the Pats will lose. I've never seen such a fan base full of cowards. You've had an awesome team for a decade, yet no Pats fan I know can simply say "this is going to be a tough game" and give some credit to the opposition. It's always gotta be "derp their defense is old and slow derp" or something like that. Ravens earned their way into this game the same as the Pats, sit down and enjoy it. Stop fretting.

Fail.... lol. Okay.

Right, I fail.

Old doesn't mean slow... you are like every other fan up here trying to delude yourself into what the Ravens achilles heel is. A reflex of being scared the Pats will lose. I've never seen such a fan base full of cowards. You've had an awesome team for a decade, yet no Pats fan I know can simply say "this is going to be a tough game" and give some credit to the opposition. It's always gotta be "derp their defense is old and slow derp" or something like that. Ravens earned their way into this game the same as the Pats, sit down and enjoy it. Stop fretting.

Fail.... lol. Okay.

Nice story, but all BS.

First off, I dont live in NE anymore.

Age is a huge factor in the NFL since its a young mans game. With all the mistakes the Broncos made they were still there to win last week. Youre delusional if you think age doesnt matter this late in the season. Look at Bart Scott and Calvin Pace. Two dinosaurs. You were wrong and were corrected. Get over it.

Nice story, but all BS.

First off, I dont live in NE anymore.

Age is a huge factor in the NFL since its a young mans game. With all the mistakes the Broncos made they were still there to win last week. Youre delusional if you think age doesnt matter this late in the season. Look at Bart Scott and Calvin Pace. Two dinosaurs. You were wrong and were corrected. Get over it.

The older Tom Brady has gotten, the faster he's gotten running that offense and getting the ball out. What exactly have you proven? But yeah, you got me. age and experience prove time and again to be the achilles heel of all great players. I suspect the Ravens age is why they were too slow to make the playoffs this year.

All you've proven is, like most Pats fans, that you need to manufacture weaknesses in the opponent just to feel more secure leading up to a game they know they can lose. All the success the Pats have had, and they still have one of the most chicken-hearted fanbases in the game.

The older Tom Brady has gotten, the faster he's gotten running that offense and getting the ball out. What exactly have you proven? But yeah, you got me. age and experience prove time and again to be the achilles heel of all great players. I suspect the Ravens age is why they were too slow to make the playoffs this year.

All you've proven is, like most Pats fans, that you need to manufacture weaknesses in the opponent just to feel more secure leading up to a game they know they can lose. All the success the Pats have had, and they still have one of the most chicken-hearted fanbases in the game.

You're comparing a non-athletic pocket passer whose greatest strength has always been his mind and superior decision-making, with a defensive position that requires strength and speed. REALLY? And it's Patriots fans who make sh!t up?

Ravens should absolutely provide a good test. They deserve to be there as they earned that right. (It's not like some team sat their starting future HOF QB halfway through the last game allowing them to walk their way in)

That said, if you don't think the Pats ultra-hurry up offense will gas the oldest defense in the NFL, well, herp derp to you!

You're comparing a non-athletic pocket passer whose greatest strength has always been his mind and superior decision-making, with a defensive position that requires strength and speed. REALLY? And it's Patriots fans who make sh!t up?

Ravens should absolutely provide a good test. They deserve to be there as they earned that right. (It's not like some team sat their starting future HOF QB halfway through the last game allowing them to walk their way in)

That said, if you don't think the Pats ultra-hurry up offense will gas the oldest defense in the NFL, well, herp derp to you!

Yeah, okay. Keep saying it to yourselves and it will be true.

Its one thing to be old still playing at a HOF level and the one administrating the butt whipping. See Mankins, Brady and Welker.

Its another when you have to react on defense like the Ravens will have to, or in the Ravens offense case, face a much younger NE defense finally coming together and playing at a Championship level. If you believe players get faster as they age go right ahead.

All Ive stated is a fact that you said didnt exist. You were wrong. I say that age will be a factor in this game for the Ravens having played 2 very close games and about to face the Oregon no huddle that NE runs. We will see if Im correct.

If you want to cry about that go right ahead. Heres some other facts: Flacco is on the cover of SI, Boldin pulled a Rex and shot his big mouth off predicting a Ravens win.

I suppose if NE fans were predicting this game as a slam dunk someone would whine about that as well.

Its one thing to be old still playing at a HOF level and the one administrating the butt whipping. See Mankins, Brady and Welker.

Its another when you have to react on defense like the Ravens will have to, or in the Ravens offense case, face a much younger NE defense finally coming together and playing at a Championship level. If you believe players get faster as they age go right ahead.

All Ive stated is a fact that you said didnt exist. You were wrong. I say that age will be a factor in this game for the Ravens having played 2 very close games and about to face the Oregon no huddle that NE runs. We will see if Im correct.

If you want to cry about that go right ahead. Heres some other facts: Flacco is on the cover of SI, Boldin pulled a Rex and shot his big mouth off predicting a Ravens win.

I suppose if NE fans were predicting this game as a slam dunk someone would whine about that as well.

Who is whining pig? All I'm saying is that Pats fans are in general an insecure bunch of lame brains. It's going to be a good football game, stop trying to sell anyone that will listen to you on what the weaknesses of the opponent on. Nobody here gives a rats behind.

Thank you, I will. I'll also laugh at your naivete every time Pats isolate either Hernandez or a RB across the middle vs, Ray Ray.

WAIT WUT?

PLEASE ESSPLAIN FOR ME LIKE I AM 12

Patriots are gay still.

This. Plus, Ape was right. :)

Archived