widespread changes

bitonti

to summarize the changes that have occurred so far:

Tanny the GM is fired.

Sparano the OC is fired.

Cavanaugh the QB coach is fired.

Westoff the ST coach retired.

Pettine the DC is in Buffalo (and he took assistant DB coach Jim O'neill with him).

Bob Sutton the assistant HC/ LB coach is a DC in KC

Mike Smith the OLB coach is in Texas Tech

Hughan the Strength and conditioning coach was fired

that's alot of changes. Basically all that's left is Rex and a couple assistants. It's like a house that has been gutted. Rex is like the foundation, you guys are saying a vacant lot would be better than that foundation.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanny the GM is fired.

Sparano the OC is fired.

Pettine the DC is in Buffalo (and he took assistant DB coach Jim O'neill with him).

that's alot of changes. Basically all that's left is Rex and a couple assistants. It's like a house that has been gutted. Rex is like the foundation, you guys are saying a vacant lot would be better than that foundation.

A vacant lot is better than a rotten foundation. (actually Woody is that rotten foundation, not Rex) But rex has inspired no reason to have confidence in him.

Tanny the GM is fired.

Sparano the OC is fired.

Rex is like a foundation for a double wide trailer. He can't support the mansion we would like to have.

And, there will be more change next year, in the delayed firing of Rex. It is inevitable. Why wait?

You guys want Woody to make good rational decisions, but you also want him to put 6 million dollars in a wastebasket and set it on fire. Which is it? Because you and I both know Rex is gonna take that cash and also take the year off. He clearly would take that break and make Woody pay him to do nothing.

You're basically equating the OLB coach to the head coach who has no idea what he's doing when it comes to picking players and will have, if anything, MORE influence over that process!

the HC doesn't really pick the players. But that's ok. If we hate Rex hard enough there's nothing he can't be blamed for.

the HC doesn't really pick the players. But that's ok. If we hate Rex hard enough there's nothing he can't be blamed for.

Every report said that THIS HC got every personnel move he wanted. Are you saying everyone is lying and only you know the truth? BTW, I don't hate Rex, He just isn't competent.

You guys want Woody to make good rational decisions, but you also want him to put 6 million dollars in a wastebasket and set it on fire. Which is it? Because you and I both know Rex is gonna take that cash and also take the year off. He clearly would take that break and make Woody pay him to do nothing.

He needs a break? A break from what/ What he is supposed to be doing.

A good rational decision is allowing a good GM to come in, and let him make his call as to who he wants to coach. THAT is a good rational decision.

I have listend to you as you say, Give D-Rob more time, it is coming. Give Gholston time, he will get it. It is difficult to acclimate in their positions, you can't throw money out.

I can't take it with your indecision again.

The Colts had more dead money than any team in history, and did well. They committed to the future and made moves because they were right moves for the organization to move forward.

Time for Woody to grow a pair.

they fired or let go 8 people you wanted them to fire 9. boo friggin hoo. it's still a ton of change.

The issue, at present it seems, is that none of the best contractors are willing to build upon that foundation. Perhaps they know something that the homeowner doesn't and would have been willing to work with the plot of land.

Tanny the GM is fired.

Sparano the OC is fired.

I think the concern, and opinion of many is that with keeping Rex, we'd be building a house on a cracked foundation, or perhaps the foundation for a 1200 square foot house, when what we want is a 2500 square feet.

lol

:rl:

here we go again...

Rex doesnt pick the players.

Rex isnt responsible for the offense.

Rex isnt responsbile for special teams

Rex isnt responsible for anything.

Great head coach we got there.

A vacant lot is better than a rotten foundation. (actually Woody is that rotten foundation, not Rex) But rex has inspired no reason to have confidence in him.

Rex may not inspire you but he can inspire his team. We need to get the guy some decent players and he can make them play better. He may be an idiot but he's good in the playoffs. Just gotta get there.

Basically all that's left is Rex and a couple assistants. It's like a house that has been gutted. Rex is like the foundation, you guys are saying a vacant lot would be better than that foundation.

Most GM prospects are not going to be afforded enough mulligans to try to build Swamp Castle 4 times. And most fans don't want to watch us try.

Rex may not inspire you but he can inspire his team. We need to get the guy some decent players and he can make them play better. He may be an idiot but he's good in the playoffs. Just gotta get there.

See thats what they have been doing. Getting sh*t talent because Rex thinks he can coach up anyone. You're pretty much parroting what is Woody Johnson's line of thinking.

I already told you guys why Rex wasn't fired: Woody Johnson needed SOMEBODY to sit up there at that table and answer questions from the press-it wouldn't have looked too inspiring with just him and Dennis Thurman

That doesn't make sense. Lets not over think it. Take Woody at his word. He likes Rex and didn't want to fire him.

I don't understand why you are worried about Woody's money when it is not even part of the cap? Rex is a pretty good defensive coach who admittedly has had no influence on the offense or special teams. He has admitted he knows nothing about these facets and also admitted that he has shown little interest in them. Rex is a small time thinker. No one is really criticizing his coaching, only his game management skills and his disregard of two thirds of his team's structure. You want to throw away a year of building or restocking? He will be fired next year. But I guess it is okay as long as billionaire Woody hangs on to an extraneous 3 mil. I don't understand your argument for keeping him. You actually may be right. A pill like Woody might keep him because of the 3 bil. But do you actually approve of that decision?

See thats what they have been doing. Getting sh*t talent because Rex thinks he can coach up anyone. You're pretty much parroting what is Woody Johnson's line of thinking.

Especially after he did such a bang up job with Gholston. I realize Gholston is a super stiff. I though he was when he was drafted. But Rex was full of hot air with his predictions.

I don't understand why you are worried about Woody's money when it is not even part of the cap?

it's money that could be spent on other things like general managers, coaches etc. They need a bunch of those, looking at the list of who has been fired so far. How about quality on the OC position for a change?

And free agents bonus money. Just cause it isn't capped money doesn't make it monopoly money. Woody wouldn't be a billionaire for long wasting 6 million dollars doing some thing that's free in 2014.

Tanny the GM is fired.

Sparano the OC is fired.

er, ah. Yeah.

yeah cause Jim Tomsula is the key to the Jets super bowl chances.

You skipped my post in line with your metaphor.

But, if keeping Rex is a smart move, why are the Jets struggling to find a GM when all other teams who do not have any contingencies as far as we know, have not had the same issues?

it's money that could be spent on other things like general managers, coaches etc. They need a bunch of those, looking at the list of who has been fired so far. How about quality on the OC position for a change?

And free agents bonus money. Just cause it isn't capped money doesn't make it monopoly money. Woody wouldn't be a billionaire for long wasting 6 million dollars doing some thing that's free in 2014.

woody would not be anything if he was not born into it. Just because teams have a bad cap does not mean they do not have the money to spend. The league just does not allow it. Well, I am sure the jets have the money to fire Rex.

Well, I am sure the jets have the money to fire Rex.

yes they have the money. Let's break it down they fire Rex it costs 6 mil. Then they hire his replacement... how much does that coach cost?

what this probably boils down to is would you rather have a high priced replacement in 2014 or a low priced replacement in 2013?

yes they have the money. Let's break it down they fire Rex it costs 6 mil. Then they hire his replacement... how much does that coach cost?

what this probably boils down to is would you rather have a high priced replacement in 2014 or a low priced replacement in 2013?

Teams like the Jets have far more money than the cap allows them to spend. This is not a grocery store trying to stay in business. It is supposed to be a franchise trying to win. Doing what they are doing has nothing to do with trying to win.

The issue, at present it seems, is that none of the best contractors are willing to build upon that foundation. Perhaps they know something that the homeowner doesn't and would have been willing to work with the plot of land.

Seems is a qualifier that reads as "but really I don't know if what I am about to say is true."

Archived