Alex Smith Will Look Good in A Jets Uniform

Jet27

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If crappy out of favor QBs from the West are a thing this winter I would like to go after Carson Palmer. That's if and only if the Raiders don't think they will get what they paid for him.

Really it's going to be whoever is cheap.

Not even close in my book...go with Alex Smith. He ain't a beauty but hey he's alright. :)

if we are living in a world the "only the SB matters" then might as well start Sanchez (or whoever) and try for the Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Football sweepstakes. Carson and Alex get the team to 8-8 or whatever meh record was enough to get everyone canned. both of those guys are just good enough to go one and done in the playoffs, best case.

Not even close in my book...go with Alex Smith. He ain't a beauty but hey he's alright. :)

Smith is going to be looking for a high-dollar, long-term commitment. That alone makes him the very last guy the Jets should be pursuing this offseason. Then, you know, there's that whole thing where he spent 7 years of his career as an enormous bust.

Alex Smith is the embodiment of treading water at the quarterback position. The Jets really, really, really need to devote the next two years to finding the great quarterback, and they need to do it with maniacal focus. It's better to crash and burn trying to get the next Elway than it is to spend a decade doing 8-8 with the lame quarterback. Watch what the Texans do with Schaub--I guarantee they'll do with him exactly what Harbaugh did with Smith, or they'll just let him walk as a FA.

what other world is there? ???????

Well, there's "Woody World, for one, where you save a lousy 3 mil by keeping your coach after everyone else goes. Alex Smith on this team and they would have made the playoffs last year and been 8-8 this year. Rex would be riding high, but he would still not know offense or clock management or any of that trivial sh*t. Interesting though---Alex is Mark without the brain farts. I expect him to go to Arizona or some other un-NYC location.

if we are living in a world the "only the SB matters" then might as well start Sanchez (or whoever) and try for the Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Football sweepstakes. Carson and Alex get the team to 8-8 or whatever meh record was enough to get everyone canned. both of those guys are just good enough to go one and done in the playoffs, best case.

And it will be Rex Ryan's fault that he didnt he didnt properly develop either veteran QB....

Matt Moore wasn't good enough to be out Ryan Tannehill or the ghost of David Garrard, but he'll win the Jets games? Ha!

Going from Mark Sanchez to Matt Moore is like upgrading yourself from living in a roach infested septic pool to Ramada Inn which is not the best in the world but no roaches or poop to deal with too!

Going from Mark Sanchez to Matt Moore is like upgrading yourself from living in a roach infested septic pool to Ramada Inn which is not the best in the world but no roaches or poop to deal with too!

LOL love that!!! I would not be opposed to Moore for a year. But I would draft two qbs in this years draft.. Like the redskins... and I would have been on the phone with the redskins to talk about cousins... but now with RG3 being hurt and questionable for next season I think they will hold on to him.

Matt Moore wasn't good enough to be out Ryan Tannehill or the ghost of David Garrard, but he'll win the Jets games? Ha!

of course he really did not seem to be given much of a chance after they drafted the young QB. That kid was going to start and that is all there was to it! Moore played pretty well for them last year and they had a weak OL and one receiver! I'd prefer ALEX SMITH but MOORE is very decent and can win games for us. He was not a laughing stock like Suckchez was for us! At least we'd get some respectability!

Archived