Alex Smith Will Look Good in A Jets Uniform

Jet27

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there's "Woody World, for one, where you save a lousy 3 mil by keeping your coach after everyone else goes. Alex Smith on this team and they would have made the playoffs last year and been 8-8 this year. Rex would be riding high, but he would still not know offense or clock management or any of that trivial sh*t. Interesting though---Alex is Mark without the brain farts. I expect him to go to Arizona or some other un-NYC location.

:rl: Nice job!

Alex Smith is the embodiment of treading water at the quarterback position. The Jets really, really, really need to devote the next two years to finding the great quarterback, and they need to do it with maniacal focus. It's better to crash and burn trying to get the next Elway than it is to spend a decade doing 8-8 with the lame quarterback. Watch what the Texans do with Schaub--I guarantee they'll do with him exactly what Harbaugh did with Smith, or they'll just let him walk as a FA.

If Kubiak is still there I guarantee he gives Sanchez a look whenever the Jets part ways with him, and I would even say he will turn him into the next Matt Schaub, as long as he still has the elite talent everywhere else like they do now.

Why you think that

If Kubiak is still there I guarantee he gives Sanchez a look whenever the Jets part ways with him, and I would even say he will turn him into the next Matt Schaub, as long as he still has the elite talent everywhere else like they do now.

If they can dump Sanchez for Flynn, fine. If they can find the next Testaverd/Gannon/Plunkett/Warner retread, great, but odds are there is no such animal. But signing Alex Smith to a big bucks contract merely compounds the Sanchez mistake.Sign a 1 yeat stopgap veteran with an option in case you do get lightining in a bottle. But who ever the GM is don't do a Patrick Ewing rolling a crappy contract out into the horizon for fool's gold; take the Sanchez cap hit in 2013 and prepare for 2014 and beyond. Figure out if there is a Kapernick ro Wilson in this draft, if Johnny Football or someone else is the real deal in 2014, and so on. Scouting has to be priority one. Pay lip service to winning in 2013.

Neither Alex Smith not Matt Moore gets this team into the playoffs. What is the point of winning 7 games instead of 5 next season? Start Sanchez, draft a game changer at QB in 2014 and reap the benefits.

I am still in favor of getting someone less mistake prone than Sanchez on the cheap. The crowd will not let Sanchez play here, and he has not got the guts to play thru it. it still won't be a playoff season for the jets. of course.

Alex Smith is the embodiment of treading water at the quarterback position. The Jets really, really, really need to devote the next two years to finding the great quarterback, and they need to do it with maniacal focus. It's better to crash and burn trying to get the next Elway than it is to spend a decade doing 8-8 with the lame quarterback. Watch what the Texans do with Schaub--I guarantee they'll do with him exactly what Harbaugh did with Smith, or they'll just let him walk as a FA.

So...you're saying we should get Smith and Schaub?

When I saw Schaub break out of the pocket with all the time in the world and throw the ball out of bounds, instead of trying to make a play downfield, it warmed my heart. I have said all along he was a puss and he proved it again. Remember Sanchez first game as a pro when the Jets hit Schaub til he wet his pants? He is a guy who benefited from having good guys to throw to. But he never stood tall in the pocket. Sanchez has the same lack of heart.

I like Alex Smith to the Jets, but only if it's for as little money as possible for a year, maybe with some kind of incentive based option for two. That said, he's not going to be looking for that. He shouldn't get anything more from the Jets, so he probably won't come here. And if he DOES get that kind of money from the Jets, the Jets are idiots.

When I saw Schaub break out of the pocket with all the time in the world and throw the ball out of bounds, instead of trying to make a play downfield, it warmed my heart. I have said all along he was a puss and he proved it again. Remember Sanchez first game as a pro when the Jets hit Schaub til he wet his pants? He is a guy who benefited from having good guys to throw to. But he never stood tall in the pocket. Sanchez has the same lack of heart.

I agree 100%, my comment was made to criticize both Schaub, and Sanchez.

I like Alex Smith to the Jets, but only if it's for as little money as possible for a year, maybe with some kind of incentive based option for two. That said, he's not going to be looking for that. He shouldn't get anything more from the Jets, so he probably won't come here. And if he DOES get that kind of money from the Jets, the Jets are idiots.

The good news is the Jets won't have a lot of money to give. So they can't really mess it up. Or can they?

If this happened, you'd be making up a lame, derogatory, pun-based nickname for him within two years.

So guess your the one that neg rep'ed me not once but three times.....don't you think that was a bit harsh? In fact I haven't said one lame, derogatory, pun based nickname for Sanchez.

But for Rex and Santonio, those two guys have a special place.

And actually both pun-based nicknames were clever, especially the team oriented person named SAN-BLOW-ME-OH....dame even WRECKS liked it so much he tatooed it on his fat ass.

So guess your the one that neg rep'ed me not once but three times.....don't you think that was a bit harsh? In fact I haven't said one lame, derogatory, pun based nickname for Sanchez.

But for Rex and Santonio, those two guys have a special place.

And actually both pun-based nicknames were clever, especially the team oriented person named SAN-BLOW-ME-OH....dame even WRECKS liked it so much he tatooed it on his fat ass.

I neg'd your original bad idea, but only once.

Your punny nicknames also all deserve negative rep, but I've refrained.

To me I'd rather have a stopgap Free Agent Matt Moore than give up players/picks for Smith (or Flynn for that matter)

One caveat is if you can get rid of El Sh!tbox straight up for Flynn, would consider it. Otherwise cut Pick Pick 6 with the huge cap hit now, get a cheap vet and above all draft at least 1 QB under either scenario.

Archived