Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet27

Alex Smith Will Look Good in A Jets Uniform

82 posts in this topic

I don't want other teams trash...We should draft our own QB. Look at all these young arms in the nfl today... Yes RG3 and Luck were number 1 picks... but Wilson and Kaepernick were not.. Lets npot keep going backwards and signing these veterans like years past.

Matt Moore wasn't good enough to be out Ryan Tannehill or the ghost of David Garrard, but he'll win the Jets games? Ha!

Going from Mark Sanchez to Matt Moore is like upgrading yourself from living in a roach infested septic pool to Ramada Inn which is not the best in the world but no roaches or poop to deal with too!

Going from Mark Sanchez to Matt Moore is like upgrading yourself from living in a roach infested septic pool to Ramada Inn which is not the best in the world but no roaches or poop to deal with too!

LOL love that!!! I would not be opposed to Moore for a year. But I would draft two qbs in this years draft.. Like the redskins... and I would have been on the phone with the redskins to talk about cousins... but now with RG3 being hurt and questionable for next season I think they will hold on to him.

He's a free agent. Had one start this year for Cutler and put up a very Sanchez like 100 yards passing with 2 INTs vs. the Niners.

I think MATT MOORE was with Miami this year! I do not know who you are referring to as ONE START for Cutler.

Matt Moore wasn't good enough to be out Ryan Tannehill or the ghost of David Garrard, but he'll win the Jets games? Ha!

of course he really did not seem to be given much of a chance after they drafted the young QB. That kid was going to start and that is all there was to it! Moore played pretty well for them last year and they had a weak OL and one receiver! I'd prefer ALEX SMITH but MOORE is very decent and can win games for us. He was not a laughing stock like Suckchez was for us! At least we'd get some respectability!

Edited by Kentucky Jet

I think MATT MOORE was with Miami this year! I do not know who you are referring to as ONE START for Cutler.

Jason Campbell

meh

don't see it

sanchez' contract is going to kill next season

jets won't be worth watching for 2-3 years

And it will be Rex Ryan's fault that he didnt he didnt properly develop either veteran QB....

Ryan had his chance, and fd it up beyond recognition.

He is referring to Jason Campbell who was the backup for the Bears.

Neither Alex Smith not Matt Moore gets this team into the playoffs. What is the point of winning 7 games instead of 5 next season? Start Sanchez, draft a game changer at QB in 2014 and reap the benefits.

Alex Smith is a lateral move from Sanchez. Only thing better about Smith.. he doesn't pout as much. So no thanks.

Hey Alex, your buns look good in those pants!

o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-LEATHER-570.jpg?3

Much. Better. Any GQ covers we can critique???

Well, there's "Woody World, for one, where you save a lousy 3 mil by keeping your coach after everyone else goes. Alex Smith on this team and they would have made the playoffs last year and been 8-8 this year. Rex would be riding high, but he would still not know offense or clock management or any of that trivial sh*t. Interesting though---Alex is Mark without the brain farts. I expect him to go to Arizona or some other un-NYC location.

:rl: Nice job!

If crappy out of favor QBs from the West are a thing this winter I would like to go after Carson Palmer.

That boy has a lot of quit in him.

How about Flynn???..

Alex Smith is the embodiment of treading water at the quarterback position. The Jets really, really, really need to devote the next two years to finding the great quarterback, and they need to do it with maniacal focus. It's better to crash and burn trying to get the next Elway than it is to spend a decade doing 8-8 with the lame quarterback. Watch what the Texans do with Schaub--I guarantee they'll do with him exactly what Harbaugh did with Smith, or they'll just let him walk as a FA.

If Kubiak is still there I guarantee he gives Sanchez a look whenever the Jets part ways with him, and I would even say he will turn him into the next Matt Schaub, as long as he still has the elite talent everywhere else like they do now.

Why you think that

If Kubiak is still there I guarantee he gives Sanchez a look whenever the Jets part ways with him, and I would even say he will turn him into the next Matt Schaub, as long as he still has the elite talent everywhere else like they do now.

If they can dump Sanchez for Flynn, fine. If they can find the next Testaverd/Gannon/Plunkett/Warner retread, great, but odds are there is no such animal. But signing Alex Smith to a big bucks contract merely compounds the Sanchez mistake.Sign a 1 yeat stopgap veteran with an option in case you do get lightining in a bottle. But who ever the GM is don't do a Patrick Ewing rolling a crappy contract out into the horizon for fool's gold; take the Sanchez cap hit in 2013 and prepare for 2014 and beyond. Figure out if there is a Kapernick ro Wilson in this draft, if Johnny Football or someone else is the real deal in 2014, and so on. Scouting has to be priority one. Pay lip service to winning in 2013.

Edited by Bugg

No thanks, I will pass.

Think about it this way, add Smith and we will have bout 15 mil per year tied up in crap and average QBs

If this happened, you'd be making up a lame, derogatory, pun-based nickname for him within two years.

Alex sh*th. That was easy!

Edited by Gastineau Lives

I want to root for losses. I want to "suffer" through an abysmal season for the overall good. I want Sanchez to start.

ANYBODY would be an improvement over Sanchez.

Neither Alex Smith not Matt Moore gets this team into the playoffs. What is the point of winning 7 games instead of 5 next season? Start Sanchez, draft a game changer at QB in 2014 and reap the benefits.

I am still in favor of getting someone less mistake prone than Sanchez on the cheap. The crowd will not let Sanchez play here, and he has not got the guts to play thru it. it still won't be a playoff season for the jets. of course.

Edited by jack48

Alex Smith is the embodiment of treading water at the quarterback position. The Jets really, really, really need to devote the next two years to finding the great quarterback, and they need to do it with maniacal focus. It's better to crash and burn trying to get the next Elway than it is to spend a decade doing 8-8 with the lame quarterback. Watch what the Texans do with Schaub--I guarantee they'll do with him exactly what Harbaugh did with Smith, or they'll just let him walk as a FA.

So...you're saying we should get Smith and Schaub?

When I saw Schaub break out of the pocket with all the time in the world and throw the ball out of bounds, instead of trying to make a play downfield, it warmed my heart. I have said all along he was a puss and he proved it again. Remember Sanchez first game as a pro when the Jets hit Schaub til he wet his pants? He is a guy who benefited from having good guys to throw to. But he never stood tall in the pocket. Sanchez has the same lack of heart.

Edited by jack48