Laron Landry

Lupz27

On the other hand, your position has been that, because of your assumptions, the Jets cannot even consider the possibility.

i never said the Jets shouldn't consider possibilities. they should listen to anyone who calls with a serious offer about any player. Listen and consider, I'm all for those activities.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i never said the Jets shouldn't consider possibilities. they should listen to anyone who calls with a serious offer about any player. Listen and consider, I'm all for those activities.

Yet this all started from you dismissing the idea of trading Revis if the Jets were even (theoretically) offered 2 first rounders for him. It's not that I even think the Jets will get such an offer, but you're the one who addressed the possibility and took issue with those considering it.

You really confuse the crap out of me sometimes. lol

Revis >>>>>>>>>>>> "every other #1 CB in the league" when he's on the field.

What does that mean? The top-five CBs don't get passed on:

The difference between Revis giving up 2 catches for 13 yards, vs. [some other top-five] giving up 3 for 40 yards is negligible.

We don't need 2 top-five CBs on a team do we?

What does that mean? The top-five CBs don't get passed on:

The difference between Revis giving up 2 catches for 13 yards, vs. [some other top-five] giving up 3 for 40 yards is negligible.

We don't need 2 top-five CBs on a team do we?

So trade the (far) lesser player.

So trade the (far) lesser player.

The (far) lesser player costs less to keep, yet still contributed (heavily) towards us having the #2 ranked pass defense.

What do you want?! Hahahaa.... the #1 ranked pass defense?

Either way, one of our CB1s (because we have TWO) being jettisoned to another team for picks would allow us to keep Landry (the other reason for our pass defense success) yet allow us to maintain a top-ranked pass-D. Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep this group together (four probowlers in the secondary) and make a push for the best defense ever compiled. But that doesn't mean beans if our offense can't put points on the board. Right now we need to distribute our monies to help balance out the roster.

Pro Bowler....congrats LaRon. Well deserved....and congrats to Cro too. Good thing these are the guys nobody wants on the roster next year, lol.

I'll settle for two probowlers in the secondary. I just don't think we need three, at the expense of other needs on the roster.

The (far) lesser player costs less to keep, yet still contributed (heavily) towards us having the #2 ranked pass defense.

What do you want?! Hahahaa.... the #1 ranked pass defense?

Either way, one of our CB1s (because we have TWO) being jettisoned to another team for picks would allow us to keep Landry (the other reason for our pass defense success) yet allow us to maintain a top-ranked pass-D. Don't get me wrong, I would love to keep this group together (four probowlers in the secondary) and make a push for the best defense ever compiled. But that doesn't mean beans if our offense can't put points on the board. Right now we need to distribute our monies to help balance out the roster.

With one being significantly better than the other. I would like to keep the best players. Teams usually do better when they have better players. It means a whole lot to keep points off the board, and the offense is a QB away from being an effective one.

With one being significantly better than the other. I would like to keep the best players. Teams usually do better when they have better players. It means a whole lot to keep points off the board, and the offense is a QB away from being an effective one.

Normally I would agree with this statement but I believe there might be some gray area here:

1. Revis WAS the better player. We have no idea where he is at right now. But, supposing he is able to return to his normal Revislike-stature, (which is what the trade proposal notion is hedged upon) who's to say that he gives us the better defense?

-Yes he is(was) stride for stride the best CB in the NFL. He literally stays inside a WRs hip pocket. It's incredible to watch.

-Yes he has(had) incredible ball skills and football awareness, bar-none.

-Yes he can(could) functionally shut down the best WR on any team, every Sunday.

But if we were to trade one of the two, would we really be better with Revis and Wilson vs. Cro and Wilson?

2. Teams aren't afraid to throw at Cromartie. As a result he is able to make plays (Pass defensed, Intercepted), resulting in what culminated in the 2nd best pass defense in the league W/O Revis.

-Cro encourages the gambling QB because he's always a step behind his WR. It's his make-up speed which compensates for his off-style of play...AND it's effective.

-This takes SOME heat off of Kyle Wilson, who lets fact it, would get absolutely molested if he played across from Revis. Name the QB that would throw toward Revis while Wilson is there (wagging his finger at the WR2 that burned him)?

3. Cromartie, bless his child-rearing-soul, has made contributions on special teams, and on the offense. In fact, (according to him) he's the 2nd best WR on our team. His versatility makes him a special player for us--whereas other teams are probably able to field actual WRs to assist their offense.

4. Trading one of Revis or Cromartie would allow us to retain Landry (fingers crossed), and provide the draft picks necessary to get the one thing we need to be competetive on offense...which in your words, is only one QB away. I actually believe a healthy roster WITH Sanchez had enough talent to get the job done, but now we are really only a TE, RB, and healthy WR1 away (with or without Sanchez) to really compete.

5. Really not sure if I can say this enough: we had the 2nd best pass defense in the league W/O Revis.

Revis WAS the better player. We have no idea where he is at right now.

Probably still better.

But if we were to trade one of the two, would we really be better with Revis and Wilson vs. Cro and Wilson?

Revis and Wilson.

This takes SOME heat off of Kyle Wilson, who lets fact it, would get absolutely molested if he played across from Revis.

I thought we didn't know where Revis was? Not to mention that this is Science and not science.

5. Really not sure if I can say this enough: we had the 2nd best pass defense in the league W/O Revis.

Cool, all the more reason someone should pay handsomely for Cromartie.

Probably still better.

Revis and Wilson.

hahahaaa. I love it!

You know what? F#ck it!! I wanna see the Jets make the manuever to keep Landry...and I wanna see what a Revis, Cromartie, Landry secondary can do.

and, You know what? Double F#ck it!! I wanna see Wilson moved back into Yeremiah's spot. He can't cover a near-sided donkey but he's learning how to tackle!

That would be 4 first-rounders manning our 4-man secondary.... If that doesn't move us up from the pitiful #2 pass-DEF spot, I don't know what will.

(that was a sarcastic finish, to an otherwise, very serious post).

hahahaaa. I love it!

You know what? F#ck it!! I wanna see the Jets make the manuever to keep Landry...and I wanna see what a Revis, Cromartie, Landry secondary can do.

and, You know what? Double F#ck it!! I wanna see Wilson moved back into Yeremiah's spot. He can't cover a near-sided donkey but he's learning how to tackle!

That would be 4 first-rounders manning our 4-man secondary.... If that doesn't move us up from the pitiful #2 pass-DEF spot, I don't know what will.

(that was a sarcastic finish, to an otherwise, very serious post).

In a non salary cap world, OR a world where you hit on a stud starting QB that you only pay about 1 million a year to like Russell Wilson, where the **** do I sign!

Archived