SS Matt Elam

JayKwaz

Instead of resigning Landry to a big contract I say we draft Elam in the second and we have our enforcer on defense for a longer time. With Elam at SS and Josh Bell at FS I would think we would be set for a while back there.

Instead of resigning Landry to a big contract I say we draft Elam in the second and we have our enforcer on defense for a longer time. With Elam at SS and Josh Bell at FS I would think we would be set for a while back there.

You think we are set with Bush? I still haven't seen much. I was encouraged that they were working him into the rotation, but he is far from a sure thing at this point. I do find it strange they put Allen on the cut/PS/active merry-go-round and kept Bush around despite Allen seeming to make more plays and see the field more - though in more specialized or situational roles.

There are so many holes, just looking at some options. I do have to say I did like Allen, he seemed to always be around the ball. I wonder why they always kept Bell over him.

Bell or Bush? #37 Yeremiah Bell is an aging FA and they can and probably will sign him back on a cheap one year deal. #32Josh Bush was last year's late draft pick. I think he has more upside as a traditional 4 down safety which is why the team probably kept him over #39 Allen. Allen seemed more like a tweener LB/S who can do the role that Ihedigbo handled and hopefully become an in the box banger that can cover. There are a limited number of teams that can use Allen at safety though he **should** be a special teams demon.

Elam is a baller!

But I agree with others, need go O in the 2nd.

Wow. I love Elam and Vaccaro but both in the first round? I'll be surprised if either go that early.

Then you must have nearly caught a heart attack when Barron got selected top 10. This guys aren't far off. Vaccaro is a lock to go in the 1st. Elam is more late 1st early 2nd but the point remains he can go 1st as well. I like the Jefferson guy from Oklahoma. He reminds me of the modern day Charles Woodson (SS), as for him he's rated early second.

Then you must have nearly caught a heart attack when Barron got selected top 10. This guys aren't far off. Vaccaro is a lock to go in the 1st. Elam is more late 1st early 2nd but the point remains he can go 1st as well. I like the Jefferson guy from Oklahoma. He reminds me of the modern day Charles Woodson (SS), as for him he's rated early second.

I can't remember which forum or draft board I've said it but this is my favorite group of Safeties ever. I love Elam, Vaccaro, Jefferson, Swearinger, McDonald, Reid, Rambo, Williams, Lester, Earl Wolff... Not saying they're all going to be awesome but they're guys I really loved watching in college...as for Barron, he had elite overall skills, size, speed, coverage skills on the best team in the country. Although I love his all around game, I would think Elam will definitely be more of an enforcer, in the box type guy in the pros, he's also a headcase on the field...Usually don't see that type of player picked so high. I realize you usually get one or two safeties off the board early though. It's usually more of guys like Vaccaro if so...

whatever so much will happen and change between now and the combine...jmo.

That's the worst thing you can possibly do and that's to get fixated on drafting certain position. As I want a certain OLB and a certain OL or RB. Not the next best available.

worst huh? I spent weeks developing that draft chart.

Sarcasm aside. That was more of a reflection on what I believe to be our team's needs, the stregths of the draft, and where the two meet to (in my opinion) produce the most fruitful draft. I am pro-BPA and always have been.

Archived