•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SS Matt Elam

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Instead of resigning Landry to a big contract I say we draft Elam in the second and we have our enforcer on defense for a longer time. With Elam at SS and Josh Bell at FS I would think we would be set for a while back there.
In Rex I trust

#2 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,803 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Instead of resigning Landry to a big contract I say we draft Elam in the second and we have our enforcer on defense for a longer time. With Elam at SS and Josh Bell at FS I would think we would be set for a while back there.

You think we are set with Bush? I still haven't seen much. I was encouraged that they were working him into the rotation, but he is far from a sure thing at this point. I do find it strange they put Allen on the cut/PS/active merry-go-round and kept Bush around despite Allen seeming to make more plays and see the field more - though in more specialized or situational roles.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#3 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I like this safety group this year in the draft.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#4 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

So safety in the second after pass rushing OLB in the first. The offense continues to be ignored then? Doesn't seem smart.

#5 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,655 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

So safety in the second after pass rushing OLB in the first. The offense continues to be ignored then? Doesn't seem smart.

I think a QB change needs to take place before we really know what we have on offense. So many holes on both sides of the ball. Not a 1 year fix.

#6 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

There are so many holes, just looking at some options. I do have to say I did like Allen, he seemed to always be around the ball. I wonder why they always kept Bell over him.
In Rex I trust

#7 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,803 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

There are so many holes, just looking at some options. I do have to say I did like Allen, he seemed to always be around the ball. I wonder why they always kept Bell over him.

Bell or Bush? #37 Yeremiah Bell is an aging FA and they can and probably will sign him back on a cheap one year deal. #32Josh Bush was last year's late draft pick. I think he has more upside as a traditional 4 down safety which is why the team probably kept him over #39 Allen. Allen seemed more like a tweener LB/S who can do the role that Ihedigbo handled and hopefully become an in the box banger that can cover. There are a limited number of teams that can use Allen at safety though he **should** be a special teams demon.

#8 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,136 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

agree with crazycarl the offense is on fire

they can't be drafting safeties.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#9 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,286 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Elam is a baller!

But I agree with others, need go O in the 2nd.
Posted Image

#10 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Sorry Dominator, I meant Bush.
In Rex I trust

#11 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,803 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sorry Dominator, I meant Bush.

I figured, but you said it twice! :winking0001:

#12 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

1st. OLB
2nd. OL
3rd. RB
4th. Safety
5th. OLB
6th. QB
7th. RB

#13 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have seen 3 mock with hime going in the 1st round Bucky Brooks has him going to the Steelers, Charles Davis has him going to the pats and Josh Norris to the 49ners

http://www.nfl.com/d...tter_mock_draft

#14 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Who is Josh Bell? Elam is my favorite player in this draft.

#15 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have seen 3 mock with hime going in the 1st round Bucky Brooks has him going to the Steelers, Charles Davis has him going to the pats and Josh Norris to the 49ners

http://www.nfl.com/d...tter_mock_draft

Wow. I love Elam and Vaccaro but both in the first round? I'll be surprised if either go that early.

#16 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 710 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

I meant Josh Bush Hess, sorry
In Rex I trust

#17 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Wow. I love Elam and Vaccaro but both in the first round? I'll be surprised if either go that early.

Then you must have nearly caught a heart attack when Barron got selected top 10. This guys aren't far off. Vaccaro is a lock to go in the 1st. Elam is more late 1st early 2nd but the point remains he can go 1st as well. I like the Jefferson guy from Oklahoma. He reminds me of the modern day Charles Woodson (SS), as for him he's rated early second.

#18 LAD_Brooklyn

LAD_Brooklyn

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

1st. OLB
2nd. OL
3rd. RB
4th. Safety
5th. OLB
6th. QB
7th. RB

That's the worst thing you can possibly do and that's to get fixated on drafting certain position. As I want a certain OLB and a certain OL or RB. Not the next best available.

#19 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Then you must have nearly caught a heart attack when Barron got selected top 10. This guys aren't far off. Vaccaro is a lock to go in the 1st. Elam is more late 1st early 2nd but the point remains he can go 1st as well. I like the Jefferson guy from Oklahoma. He reminds me of the modern day Charles Woodson (SS), as for him he's rated early second.

I can't remember which forum or draft board I've said it but this is my favorite group of Safeties ever. I love Elam, Vaccaro, Jefferson, Swearinger, McDonald, Reid, Rambo, Williams, Lester, Earl Wolff... Not saying they're all going to be awesome but they're guys I really loved watching in college...as for Barron, he had elite overall skills, size, speed, coverage skills on the best team in the country. Although I love his all around game, I would think Elam will definitely be more of an enforcer, in the box type guy in the pros, he's also a headcase on the field...Usually don't see that type of player picked so high. I realize you usually get one or two safeties off the board early though. It's usually more of guys like Vaccaro if so...

whatever so much will happen and change between now and the combine...jmo.

#20 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

That's the worst thing you can possibly do and that's to get fixated on drafting certain position. As I want a certain OLB and a certain OL or RB. Not the next best available.

worst huh? I spent weeks developing that draft chart.

Sarcasm aside. That was more of a reflection on what I believe to be our team's needs, the stregths of the draft, and where the two meet to (in my opinion) produce the most fruitful draft. I am pro-BPA and always have been.

#21 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,051 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

And sorry to JiF for me not thinking Elam was a first rounder. See him in a lot of mocks. At least for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users