•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Things you said, did or thought while watching the 2012 Jets

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

As we wait for a GM hiring, I thought it might be fun to divert a tad and look at how the 2012 season may have impacted us, LOL.

I will start:

- At Raleigh Jets Bar every time Sanchez dropped back to pass I gasped "'Oh shiit, a pass"
(Of course fearing a turnover, LOL)

- I started ordering my meal at the Bar 30 minutes before the game cause i feared my stomach would be so upset/pissed I would have no appetite.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#2 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,362 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I stopped watching by week 10.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#3 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Went through more drywall then most seasons

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#4 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Twice over 2nd half of season went for a 10-15 miles bike ride during 2nd half, listening to radio rather than watching.Watching that offense pissed me off so freaking much.
Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#5 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,362 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Said "yes" when my wife asked me to go with her to Michaels for wedding crap. During the games.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#6 redman81

redman81

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

First half of yr there were numerous things I can't say on here that were screamed throughout the games. By the second half of the yr my spirit was broken after watching so much of #6 and that garbage offense. The last 5-6 games were almost watched in silence.

#7 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,137 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Mark Sanchez made me turn off a game. First time in I cant remember how long.
Posted Image

#8 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • Locationa city near you. :)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I said FML...
I chanted for Tebow to start at 2 games (the dolphins rematch and the Chargers) which hurt me more than you'll ever know.
I thought Rex Ryan was an idiot for continuing to support Sanchez...

I burned my Sanchez Jersey ... (oh wait this hasn't happened yet) ... I gave it to my sister.

#9 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,152 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I didnt get as upset at the games like I normally do. I still held out hope that they would play well, and be all excited and cheering and yelling through the first and second quarters... then usually by the 2nd half I no longer was excited or mad. Just kinda emotionless knowing that this season was a waste and this team wasnt fun to watch.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#10 Jets2013

Jets2013

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Mark Sanchez made me turn off a game. First time in I cant remember how long.

Ya he sucks...the butt fumble made me turn the tv off...bastard

#11 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

No clue. I finally got Red Zone channel.

#12 The Crusher

The Crusher

JiF is all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble

• Moderators
  • 30,089 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

- I started ordering my meal at the Bar 30 minutes before the game cause i feared my stomach would be so upset/pissed I would have no appetite.

Uh what?

#13 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,152 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Uh what?

I know.. 1 meal? Amateur.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,052 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

As we wait for a GM hiring, I thought it might be fun to divert a tad and look at how the 2012 season may have impacted us, LOL.

I will start:

- At Raleigh Jets Bar every time Sanchez dropped back to pass I gasped "'Oh shiit, a pass"
(Of course fearing a turnover, LOL)

The Cards game. First play on O I turned to the girl next to me at the bar and said "Uh oh, they are trying to pass!" Result - INT Kerry Rhodes.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#15 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,849 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I said FML...
I chanted for Tebow to start at 2 games (the dolphins rematch and the Chargers) which hurt me more than you'll ever know.

I burned my Sanchez Jersey ... (oh wait this hasn't happened yet) ... I gave it to my sister.

What do you have against your sister?

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#16 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

I said FML...

I remember donating all of mine and the boys' Favre jerseys to the Salvation Army. Would LOVE to do so with the various Pick 6 stuff as well.I really like the designa nd colors of the Titans' throwback and yet I cannot wait to get that #6 out of my dresser for good.
Objective-Santa Clara, California

Super Bowl 50-February 7th, 2015

#17 GATA

GATA

Gata Go to Mo's ...

• Members
  • 1,228 posts
  • Locationa city near you. :)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

What do you have against your sister?

Well my sister doesn't understand Football but she's always like that Jersey. (She thinks it's cute) so instead of burning it I gave it to her.

I remember donating all of mine and the boys' Favre jerseys to the Salvation Army. Would LOVE to do so with the various Pick 6 stuff as well.I really like the designa nd colors of the Titans' throwback and yet I cannot wait to get that #6 out of my dresser for good.

I still need to get a Titans throwback but putting myself in your shoes it would probably hurt to give that away just because of the design. However, get the evil out, & receive the new yr without all the negativity lol

#18 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,505 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Became a Browns fan.

#19 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,409 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm not a jersey wearer - never have been - greatly prefer Jets T's, warm-up shirts, and pullovers. So wouldn't it figure I have only two jerseys in the world - both with sh!thook's #6 on them.
One's an expensive authentic game jersey that a friend got me for Christmas and the other is a red practice jersey I got cheap on clearance a couple years ago.
If I've thought anything constantly over this season (after week 8) it's what the hell can I do with those jerseys other than burn them? Nobody's going to buy those at the Salvation Army thrift store.
If a clueless mom or a wife buys them and takes them home they'll just end up going back after the new owner wont wear it either. Even most homeless have cell phones and keep up on current events - they won't wear them. A new definition of worthless.

Edited by NJ, 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

NATION....... JETNATION

#20 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,635 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Early in the season said, "I hate this ****ing team" more times than I can possibly count.

Late in the season, burst into hysterical laughter every time Sanchez turned the ball (which was usually preceded by turning to whoever I was watching the game with and saying "here comes another turnover" as Sanchez dropped back).
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#21 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I thought November and December were awesome months for me as a fan. To see my team win again and again and beat the best the league has to offer. Melo was on a roll yo!

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,386 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Chianti, fava beans, stewardess.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#23 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 5,220 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yup. Dead inside. I never felt the level of excitement watching a game that I had in previous years. The team just never inspired me. I got the sense they were beaten coming out of the gate. I attribute a lot of it to the Sanchez fiasco. They knew he was no good. And they did not try to get a backup. The Tebow thing was someone's idea of a joke, would be nice to know who. Then Rex started to sound untruthful and things spiraled even further downward

#24 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

"So glad i picked up the jets opponets' D in fantasy this week"

#25 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,566 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Said "yes" when my wife asked me to go with her to Michaels for wedding crap. During the games.

Man You owe me!

That made me spit beer all Over my computer, and some work I was reading.

Thanks that was a good laugh. Know the feeling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users