Things you said, did or thought while watching the 2012 Jets

SouthernJet

As we wait for a GM hiring, I thought it might be fun to divert a tad and look at how the 2012 season may have impacted us, LOL.

I will start:

- At Raleigh Jets Bar every time Sanchez dropped back to pass I gasped "'Oh shiit, a pass"

(Of course fearing a turnover, LOL)

- I started ordering my meal at the Bar 30 minutes before the game cause i feared my stomach would be so upset/pissed I would have no appetite.

First half of yr there were numerous things I can't say on here that were screamed throughout the games. By the second half of the yr my spirit was broken after watching so much of #6 and that garbage offense. The last 5-6 games were almost watched in silence.

I said FML...

I chanted for Tebow to start at 2 games (the dolphins rematch and the Chargers) which hurt me more than you'll ever know.

I thought Rex Ryan was an idiot for continuing to support Sanchez...

I burned my Sanchez Jersey ... (oh wait this hasn't happened yet) ... I gave it to my sister.

I didnt get as upset at the games like I normally do. I still held out hope that they would play well, and be all excited and cheering and yelling through the first and second quarters... then usually by the 2nd half I no longer was excited or mad. Just kinda emotionless knowing that this season was a waste and this team wasnt fun to watch.

As we wait for a GM hiring, I thought it might be fun to divert a tad and look at how the 2012 season may have impacted us, LOL.

I will start:

- At Raleigh Jets Bar every time Sanchez dropped back to pass I gasped "'Oh shiit, a pass"

(Of course fearing a turnover, LOL)

- I started ordering my meal at the Bar 30 minutes before the game cause i feared my stomach would be so upset/pissed I would have no appetite.

The Cards game. First play on O I turned to the girl next to me at the bar and said "Uh oh, they are trying to pass!" Result - INT Kerry Rhodes.

I said FML...

I chanted for Tebow to start at 2 games (the dolphins rematch and the Chargers) which hurt me more than you'll ever know.

I burned my Sanchez Jersey ... (oh wait this hasn't happened yet) ... I gave it to my sister.

What do you have against your sister?

I said FML...

I remember donating all of mine and the boys' Favre jerseys to the Salvation Army. Would LOVE to do so with the various Pick 6 stuff as well.I really like the designa nd colors of the Titans' throwback and yet I cannot wait to get that #6 out of my dresser for good.

What do you have against your sister?

Well my sister doesn't understand Football but she's always like that Jersey. (She thinks it's cute) so instead of burning it I gave it to her.

I remember donating all of mine and the boys' Favre jerseys to the Salvation Army. Would LOVE to do so with the various Pick 6 stuff as well.I really like the designa nd colors of the Titans' throwback and yet I cannot wait to get that #6 out of my dresser for good.

I still need to get a Titans throwback but putting myself in your shoes it would probably hurt to give that away just because of the design. However, get the evil out, & receive the new yr without all the negativity lol

I'm not a jersey wearer - never have been - greatly prefer Jets T's, warm-up shirts, and pullovers. So wouldn't it figure I have only two jerseys in the world - both with sh!thook's #6 on them.

One's an expensive authentic game jersey that a friend got me for Christmas and the other is a red practice jersey I got cheap on clearance a couple years ago.

If I've thought anything constantly over this season (after week 8) it's what the hell can I do with those jerseys other than burn them? Nobody's going to buy those at the Salvation Army thrift store.

If a clueless mom or a wife buys them and takes them home they'll just end up going back after the new owner wont wear it either. Even most homeless have cell phones and keep up on current events - they won't wear them. A new definition of worthless.

Early in the season said, "I hate this ****ing team" more times than I can possibly count.

Late in the season, burst into hysterical laughter every time Sanchez turned the ball (which was usually preceded by turning to whoever I was watching the game with and saying "here comes another turnover" as Sanchez dropped back).

Yup. Dead inside. I never felt the level of excitement watching a game that I had in previous years. The team just never inspired me. I got the sense they were beaten coming out of the gate. I attribute a lot of it to the Sanchez fiasco. They knew he was no good. And they did not try to get a backup. The Tebow thing was someone's idea of a joke, would be nice to know who. Then Rex started to sound untruthful and things spiraled even further downward

Archived