New Franchise RB Needed

Jets2013

Disagree. They have Powell and McKnight under contract. Compared to Kerley, Holmes and Hill that is an empty spot. As with every position I would sign low level FAs and then pick BAP, but if the BAP is a RB they should certainly take one. RB is a huge hole on this team. Most people felt that way when Greene was here and he is by far the closest thing to a legit starter on the team.

We have no deep threat on offense. None. Zilch. Nada. Until Hill proves he doesn't have hands of stone or BE somehow captures his old form, we need a deep threat receiver.

we aren't taking a RB in the 1st. i see the jets re-signing greene if he doesn't get serious nibbles in FA and picking up a change of pace late. i'd be happy with a dexter mccluster type who gives us some speed out of the backfield and something in the return game. i doubt very much we're going to get a bell cow this offseason

How can anyone say "I see the Jets doing"? We don't have a GM in place, the guy who will build the 2013 team, so until we know who that is, and his background, and philosophy on building a team we CAN'T say "I see the Jets doing"!

They can shore up the RB position later in the draft or by FA acquisition. Besides, BPA in the 2nd round is far more likely to be an OL or LB the way the things are shaping up.

looking at the players available... if Bama OG Chance Warmack is the BPA at 9, will the fans go crazy if the Jets draft a guard? it's either that or best available pass rusher (jarvis jones, ezekial anzah)... or QB's like Tyler Wilson

We have no deep threat on offense. None. Zilch. Nada. Until Hill proves he doesn't have hands of stone or BE somehow captures his old form, we need a deep threat receiver.

Did I miss the news that Braylon Edwards signed a contract that didn't expire after the 2012 season? Everyone keeps talking like he is a staple for our WR core next season, why is that? If Mark Sanchez is not expected to start, and Braylon Edwards doesn't convince the whole freaking NFL world his drinking problem, partying, and irresponsible actions, both physical, and verbal are a thing of the past, not to mention his injury riddled knee, why would a new GM stick his nose out, and bring him back here?

looking at the players available... if Bama OG Chance Warmack is the BPA at 9, will the fans go crazy if the Jets draft a guard? it's either that or best available pass rusher (jarvis jones, ezekial anzah)... or QB's like Tyler Wilson

This is where a good GM comes in, if Warmack is your guy that you have rated as BPA at 9, and you know he could be had say at 15ish, you do everything in your power to trade back to that spot, IF it can't be accomplished then you just take Warmack at 9 IMO, SCREW the offseason fan critics, you don't run a football team based on what the fans think, you build it the right way, and make the fans go oh man I can't believe we got this Chance Warmack guy he is a ****ing stud 2 years from now, or any other unpopular pick you might make. I am pretty sure there were a lot of people going WTF another lineman, who the **** is Nick Mangold? What a stupid pick by these buffoons, and these same people are probably touting Nick Mangold as the best Center in the NFL when they talk to their buddies about football.

You better believe the fans will go nuts with OG at #9. There are so many areas of need (short and long term) I do not think position even enters into it so long as they nail the pick performance-wise. I just want to get the pick right.

You better believe the fans will go nuts with OG at #9. There are so many areas of need (short and long term) I do not think position even enters into it so long as they nail the pick performance-wise. I just want to get the pick right.

If you want to get the pick right Warmack is as safe as it gets. I dont think he'll be there at 9 though.

I don't understand. Are you saying the fans will go nuts and you don't care or that you don't want him?

I don't understand. Are you saying the fans will go nuts and you don't care or that you don't want him?

I am saying if the pick really turns out to be the best on-field performer available at #9, irrespective of position, I am OK with that. It's going to take more than this year's draft to fix this team so no reaches please.

Did I miss the news that Braylon Edwards signed a contract that didn't expire after the 2012 season? Everyone keeps talking like he is a staple for our WR core next season, why is that? If Mark Sanchez is not expected to start, and Braylon Edwards doesn't convince the whole freaking NFL world his drinking problem, partying, and irresponsible actions, both physical, and verbal are a thing of the past, not to mention his injury riddled knee, why would a new GM stick his nose out, and bring him back here?

cuz he's had decent success here and would probably be kept here on the cheap....

Good play design and a line that can block, along with a QB who can pass a little and we dont need a franchise RB. We can find a decent guy and have him do a good job.

I agree with everything you are saying, except that we DO need a franchise RB, what we don't need is a blue chip / first round RB. We need a system RB that we turn into a beast. (See: Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, Alfred Morris)

I see a lot of RB talent coming out in this draft. So much, that if the first of the RBs doesn't get taken until Late1st/Early2nd, we should have our pick of the litter in rounds 2-5. That being said, i would be okay in addressing other positions first as the fall off between the 3rd RB taken and the last RB taken is usually a crap shoot.

BPA all the way...as long as we wind up with a new RB, a new OLB, and Tyrann Mathieu.

How can anyone say "I see the Jets doing"? We don't have a GM in place, the guy who will build the 2013 team, so until we know who that is, and his background, and philosophy on building a team we CAN'T say "I see the Jets doing"!

uh because i have an opinion that i am sharing on a internet messageboard? or was this rhetorical??? :confused0082:

uh because i have an opinion that i am sharing on a internet messageboard? or was this rhetorical??? :confused0082:

My point is if the new GM is a guy who has an obvious change in philosophy then what the Jets have been doing YOUR opinion on what YOU think the Jets WILL do will probably change, if you said I want the Jets to do this, or that, then that's an obvious case where your opinion wouldn't change.

My point is if the new GM is a guy who has an obvious change in philosophy then what the Jets have been doing YOUR opinion on what YOU think the Jets WILL do will probably change, if you said I want the Jets to do this, or that, then that's an obvious case where your opinion wouldn't change.

ok everyone hold the phone -- no opinions allowed until new GM on board. would just be too heartbreaking for some if circumstances cause a change of opinion.

Archived