Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

A smart team who wants a good to great player to plug into the middle of their defense for the next ten years. This does not impact his draft status at all.

Not saying anyone is past having a bad day, but he looked BAD in the BCSNCG. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW and bad instincts. Didn't really see a top 10 type pick there.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying anyone is past having a bad day, but he looked BAD in the BCSNCG. SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW and bad instincts. Didn't really see a top 10 type pick there.

In one game. Every other game he looked quick and showed great instincts. There is a reason Kiper and mcShay both still have him top ten.

In one game. Every other game he looked quick and showed great instincts. There is a reason Kiper and mcShay both still have him top ten.

Might drop now. Since you seem to believe his story I'd have to question his "instincts" and if he's telling the truth it's safe to assume his Wonderlic will be right around a 5.

Might drop now. Since you seem to believe his story I'd have to question his "instincts" and if he's telling the truth it's safe to assume his Wonderlic will be right around a 5.

I'm inclined to believe his story because ND stuck their necks way out. McShay has already stated that he doesn't expect him to drop. Lawrence Phillips beat his girlfriend and still got drafted number 6.

Teo caught some tipped passes for ints and immediately fell down and somehow was a Heisman candidate.

I've watched a lot of ND games and he isnt that good. Slow footed that benefited from two very good DT's in front of him.

As far as this stupid story he's a total loser as is his father and all of these intangibles and leadership qualities immediately goes out the window. Attention whoring to this level is becoming more and more common for that twiiter/facebook generation.

Teo caught some tipped passes for ints and immediately fell down and somehow was a Heisman candidate.

I've watched a lot of ND games and he isnt that good. Slow footed that benefited from two very good DT's in front of him.

As far as this stupid story he's a total loser as is his father and all of these intangibles and leadership qualities immediately goes out the window. Attention whoring to this level is becoming more and more common for that twiiter/facebook generation.

So message board Matt is right and thousands of professional college scouts are wrong? Got it.

So message board Matt is right and thousands of professional college scouts are wrong? Got it.

College scouts are wrong all the time.

He's a two down run stopping linebacker in a league that's passing over 60% of the time now. All the intangible nonsense that ppl fell in love with is now completely irrelevant.

College scouts are wrong all the time.

He's a two down run stopping linebacker in a league that's passing over 60% of the time now. All the intangible nonsense that ppl fall in love with is now completely irrelevant.

Not sure how it's irrelevant. He is still a leader and a guy who makes those around him better. He works hard. And he's great in coverage and can play all three downs. I don't know where you got that. He had like 7 interceptions.

Not sure how it's irrelevant. He is still a leader and a guy who makes those around him better. He works hard. And he's great in coverage and can play all three downs. I don't know where you got that. He had like 7 interceptions.

He's slow as sh*t. They played sh*tty slow ass teams all season. More than half of his int's were off of tipped passes. None of which were returned.

How does Teo make people better? Are you kidding me with this nonsense?

Give it up. His stock was dropping after the Bama game already, he was God awful. A lot of his hype and his inspirational leader BS was based of his overcoming of made up adversity. Adversity that he either made up, or was so unbelievably dumb he fell for. Either way, big red flag.

He's slow as sh*t. They played sh*tty slow ass teams all season. More than half of his int's were off of tipped passes. None of which were returned.

How does Teo make people better? Are you kidding me with this nonsense?

Well. Since you have nothing to actually say, I suppose we shall just wait and see what happens when he goes first round and is a solid player for years.

Give it up. His stock was dropping after the Bama game already, he was God awful. A lot of his hype and his inspirational leader BS was based of his overcoming of made up adversity. Adversity that he either made up, or was so unbelievable dumb he fell for. Either way, big red flag.

Yet two well respected guys still have him top ten and that was after the Bama game. His only bad game this season. You might as well give it up because I won't.

Yet two well respected guys still have him top ten and that was after the Bama game. His only bad game this season. You might as well give it up because I won't.

What were his standout games and what were his big game changing plays he made?

I mean for christs sakes these are his "highlights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfkFuJDPd4

His whole career was a hoax

Breaking news, MLB isn't a glamour defensive position. He makes plays. That's all that matters.

I don't know. Before this year, it was almost like he wasn't on the radar. Suddenly the media kisses ND behinds, kisses this kids behind, and he's a heisman candidate. Does he have talent? Yes. But this story is just bizarre in every which way. Lots of athletes falter to the pressures once they become professional. This story make everybody seem stupid. Seem fake. Seem off their rockers. It's like one big cover up for some stupid reason. It was almost like everybody knew this girl was fake and decided to run with it.

If this story came out back in Sept or early October, it could be one of those "damn i got played." But people went on TV, they went on ESPN, it was in magazines and newspapers. The Media ran with the story. Te'o ran with the story. Notre Dame ran with it. His own family ran with it.

Tons of sympathy and support from around the country. And even after it seems people found out, they hid the truth for weeks, and who knows if they ever would have said anything if this story wasn't released by a site nobody gives any credence to.

And it will change his draft status. Teams always look at these things and suddenly pass. Randy Moss had certain issues. Dropped. Whatever reason Aaron Rodgers fell was a reason. Dan Mariano was thought to be a little dumb, so teams passed. However this story plays out, it's obvios Te'o has a ton of issues that could make him the kind of NFL player who is out of the NFL after a few seasons.

So much is wrong and factually incorrect with the above post that I'm not going to waste my time breaking it all down and making you look silly. Te'o was heavily recruited, he's been the best player on some bad teams and was the best player on a really good team. Players do drop and maybe Te'o will, but he'll still be picked in the first round because NFL teams don't care about this stuff.

If Te'o was a beast in the Bama game had like 20 tackles or whatever, this wouldn't hurt his stock. They'd say yes he's nuts or whatever but he dominates. the bottom line is how does he play. And Te'o played like crap in the biggest game of his life so far. That's what's gonna kill his stock, way more than this girlfriend thing. The league is willing to overlook alot for a stud. Te'o doesn't play a premium position and isn't studly enough to make people overlook this story.

So much is wrong and factually incorrect with the above post that I'm not going to waste my time breaking it all down and making you look silly. Te'o was heavily recruited, he's been the best player on some bad teams and was the best player on a really good team. Players do drop and maybe Te'o will, but he'll still be picked in the first round because NFL teams don't care about this stuff.

T'eo won't be picked in the first round because he shat the bed in the BCS championship. NO one wants to invest a first round pick who only plays good against USC or Navy.

If Te'o was a beast in the Bama game had like 20 tackles or whatever, this wouldn't hurt his stock. They'd say yes he's nuts or whatever but he dominates. the bottom line is how does he play. And Te'o played like crap in the biggest game of his life so far. That's what's gonna kill his stock, way more than this girlfriend thing. The league is willing to overlook alot for a stud. Te'o doesn't play a premium position and isn't studly enough to make people overlook this story.

John Buccigross@Buccigross

Stop with Te'o draft status queries. We've had kleptomaniacs, dudes push girlfriends down stairs, dudes that have worn Crocs. #theydontcare

mark schlereth@markschlereth

I don't think it does much. “@est__1978: @markschlereth what do you think this does to Te'o draft stock?”

Ed Werder@Edwerderespn

One NFL personnel scout on Manti Te'o scandal and draft impact: "If a team needs an LB, they can watch the tape and forgive him.''

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

If you think Te'o's NFL stock will be seriously damaged by all this, I give you Lawrence Phillips, the sixth overall pick in the 1996 draft.

Archived