Brandon Jenkins

RyanBe_Tebowing

6 '3" 260 lbs DE from FSU. Was projected to go early to mid first before the season started but had a lisfranc injury in the first quarter of the season and missed the rest of the season. He's now projected to go in the 2nd, I think if you miss out on Moore, Jones, or Jordan, we should take a different position in the 1st, and nab him in the 2nd.

Even seeing how good of a prospect Coples can be for us I would have still selected Brandon Jenkins over him if he'd declare last draft. Think this kid is special. He for sure would need to improve his toughness/strength against the run. But I love him especially that spin move of his. Also agree if Moor and Jones are gone but not at all Jordon. Also don't think he'll be drafted that high in the 2nd.

Andre Wadsworth, Everette Brown, Kamerion Wimbley, Jamal Reynolds...Peter Boulware's another one, but he was good.

Your really reaching hear on this one. Everette Brown was a one hit wonder boom or bust prospect and there's a reason he wasn't selected in the 1st round and probably would have drop further if it wasn't for the Panthers picking him up in the mid 2nd. There was no hype to him whats so ever unless you dealt with Noles fans who were telling and displaying other wise at the time. Boulware had a hack of an career. Wimbley started out good but die down and is very inconsistent. Don't know that Wadsworth bum. But overall FSU DE's aren't hype at all unless you deal with it within your inner circle.

Now Mario Edwards is a hyped up kid who we'll see next season.

Wow, I should have known 6.5 sacks in a season while providing absolutely zero run support is a productive season. So in your estimation that's a good year? It's a superb year for a designated pass rusher ala Maybin. His 13.5 sacks while once again being non existence on the run is impressive but not enough to be considered good which is why I consider him a one hit wonder who had lots of flaws in his game and should have returned to school.

As for Jenkins no one mentioned him going in the 1st? So not sure where your getting that from. He's 2nd at best with a good workout and checks out good health wise. So mid second early third is where he's projected.

Also what FSU/ACC forum are you referring to?

Lemonier isn't a second rounder is he? I like him but not that much. The Jets probably need to draft two OLB prospects anyway.

BPA

He's a beast that will rise late. Like Irvin but SEC.

Trying to make a mock last night, It's tough to see an awesome pass rusher drop to 9, when JAC at 2 and DET at 5 are almost definately going DE. might be better value going with Cord. Patterson or Keenan Allen at 9 and get the pass rusher on the comeback.

He's a beast that will rise late. Like Irvin but SEC.

Trying to make a mock last night, It's tough to see an awesome pass rusher drop to 9, when JAC at 2 and DET at 5 are almost definately going DE. might be better value going with Cord. Patterson or Keenan Allen at 9 and get the pass rusher on the comeback.

Not nearly the athlete or explosiveness. I like Auburn, I like what he does, but I'm thinking he's a Jarrett Johnson/Shaun Phillips/Calvin Pace to someone who is just more dominant.

Jacksonville has plenty of other needs besides pass rusher with OT, and should be looking at Joekel. Detroit is a threat fa sho.

Not nearly the athlete or explosiveness. I like Auburn, I like what he does, but I'm thinking he's a Jarrett Johnson/Shaun Phillips/Calvin Pace to someone who is just more dominant.

Jacksonville has plenty of other needs besides pass rusher with OT, and should be looking at Joekel. Detroit is a threat fa sho.

I'd take Shaun Phillips or Pace in their prime to replace Old Pace. Nothing wrong with that. He's exactly the type of player the Steelers or Pats take and everyone says it's awesome.

the great thing about Lemonier is he does it without much help.

Joekel I think goes 1. No one's taking Geno Smith. Mike Glennon the first QB taken late rd 1.

I'd take Shaun Phillips or Pace in their prime to replace Old Pace. Nothing wrong with that. He's exactly the type of player the Steelers or Pats take and everyone says it's awesome.

the great thing about Lemonier is he does it without much help.

Joekel I think goes 1. No one's taking Geno Smith. Mike Glennon the first QB taken late rd 1.

They take those guys in the 3rd or 4th round, possibly even lower.

I'd rather have an actual OLB than a convert then.

The 3-4 is not as popular in college as it is in the NFL. If you go by that reasoning, you can scratch Dion Jordan, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner, Barkevious Mingo, Brandon Jenkins and many other OLB prospects off the Jets' board already because most NFL OLBs are DEs in college.

The 3-4 is not as popular in college as it is in the NFL. If you go by that reasoning, you can scratch Dion Jordan, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner, Barkevious Mingo, Brandon Jenkins and many other OLB prospects off the Jets' board already because most NFL OLBs are DEs in college.

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Color me confused then.

• 2 months later...

Archived