John Idzik Named Jets GM - MERGED

fti1422

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i only care about the record (super bowl). Give me pats, ravens, Pitt, green bay, Giants.

1290449_o.gif

My God....no, I don't expect my Director of Player Personnel to win me Super Bowls...I expect him to fill the roster with elite talent...which Gamble has excelled in. Even when Singletary was there, that was the major question....how does this team suck with that talent...sure enough they happened to need a coaching change, or for some of that young talent to grow up, or both.

Go facepalm yourself you short sighted ninny.

My God....no, I don't expect my Director of Player Personnel to win me Super Bowls...I expect him to fill the roster with elite talent...which Gamble has excelled in. Even when Singletary was there, that was the major question....how does this team suck with that talent...sure enough they happened to need a coaching change, or for some of that young talent to grow up, or both.

Go facepalm yourself you short sighted ninny.

LOL, calm down and remember, gamble or any of these staffees werent the GMs making decisions...Lots of stafees, pro ,college, scouts, VPs etc ,,u never know who says what or beleives what..

crapshoot ;)

I think there should be an American Gladiators-type competition to see who our next GM will be. Deciding that way might prove just as successful as Waiting for Woody. As Alexander the Great said about his succession on his deathbed: "To the strongest."

It's after 6pm infact 6 :06 PM eastern time and still no GM the jets this is a royal mass. all the other Teams have their coaches on board and the jets are still looking well I got say it I am a shame to be a jet fan.

Report: Idzik 'clear frontrunner' for Jets GM job

11 m ago By Kimberley A. Martin

image.JPG

Photo credit: David Pokress

Just when it seemed the Jets GM search would last another day....ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted moments ago that Seattle executive John Idzik has emerged as the "clear frontrunner" to replace Mike Tannebaum.

And according to Schefter, Idzik could be offered the Jets' vacant GM job "as early as tonight."

Idzik, the Seahawks vice president of football administration,

The New York Jets' long, winding search for a general manager might finally be nearing an end.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Thursday that Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik is expected to be offered the New York Jets general manager job, according to Seahawks sources. Seattle lost their defensive coordinator Gus Bradley to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and it sounds like they may lose a front office member too.

It's now up to Idzik whether he wants to take on the challenge of rebuilding one of the shakiest offenses in football.The Jets have struggled to fill the position. Some top candidates have taken jobs elsewhere. Others have reportedly pulled out of the running. Fox Sports inside and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported that Jets were having trouble "giving the job away." Rex Ryan was not involved in interviews with the prospective general managers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000127816/article/new-york-jets-expected-to-offer-john-idzik-gm-position

The New York Jets' long, winding search for a general manager might finally be nearing an end.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Thursday that Seahawks vice president of football administration John Idzik is expected to be offered the New York Jets general manager job, according to Seahawks sources. Seattle lost their defensive coordinator Gus Bradley to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and it sounds like they may lose a front office member too.

It's now up to Idzik whether he wants to take on the challenge of rebuilding one of the shakiest offenses in football.The Jets have struggled to fill the position. Some top candidates have taken jobs elsewhere. Others have reportedly pulled out of the running. Fox Sports inside and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported that Jets were having trouble "giving the job away." Rex Ryan was not involved in interviews with the prospective general managers.

http://www.nfl.com/n...zik-gm-position

I don't understand the business of whether or not he accepts the deal. If he wasn't going to take it, why would he interview for it twice? He wouldn't waste everyone's time... I'm pretty sure he's got better things to do.

I don't understand the business of whether or not he accepts the deal. If he wasn't going to take it, why would he interview for it twice? He wouldn't waste everyone's time... I'm pretty sure he's got better things to do.

It sounds like he hasn't been made an offer yet and when he does, who knows how good of one it will be. Even if it's a respectable offer that has his interest, then from there it's still all about negotiation. Just like everyone out there getting a new job, Idzik is going to want to pry as much money as possible out of his new employer and you don't do that by coming across as desperate for the position.

Caldwell interviewed twice.

Sometimes it is a professional courtesy, sometimes it is to bolster position/perception for the next opportunity, as in "I was one of 3 finalists called back for NY Jets GM job, before turning it down for the Jaguars" of course.

Already been posted a few times, but here you go: http://www.seahawks....10-c4b074b07c45

Thanks.

I did read that. I need to clarify. I do not know his contributions or involvements or accomplishments in his job. Was hethe guy who was rooting to pick Russell Wilson while everyone in the Seahawks draft room was gainst the pick OR was he the guy that crafted that ultra beneficial signing for the Seahawks for the right amount of money OR was he even employee of the month in one of his jobs. I dunno. The resume does make him sound like a seasoned FO admin guy.

It's after 6pm infact 6 :06 PM eastern time and still no GM the jets this is a royal mass. all the other Teams have their coaches on board and the jets are still looking well I got say it I am a shame to be a jet fan.

we already have 546 posters like that.

Archived