Official 2012ish-2013 NY Rangers Thread

BroadwayJoe12

Well, it's finally back and coming off a rough playoff loss to the Devils, the Rangers with the addition of Nash look to be early season contenders. Last year we caught a lot of people by surprise finishing first in the East, hopefully we can grow on that.

Even though Torts' lines have the life span of a lemming, it's going to be great to see Nash, Richards and Hagelin together. I was hoping to see a super-line with Gabby in there, but I think Hagelin's speed will be utilized well teaming up with those two guys; the pp should be killer.

Tonight's game will be great: Nash makes his debut, Thomas is off for the season, Kreider makes his regular season debut at home (for him) and well, f*ck boston. I'll be at the game and try to upload as many pictures when I sober up. Cheers :cheers:

NHL-Glitters-23.gifvs 2235438.gif

Nash looked great, so strong on the puck and Lundy looks like he pretty much always does. I'm hoping it's just the lack of practice time together and the loss of AA and Duby, but it just reminds me so much of last year where unless we score first, we spend the vast majority of the periods playing in our own zone while the opposing team just dumps it in. Can't help but think of playing ottawa and how they'd be in their offensive zone 75% of the game and have Karlsson just dump the puck it. Overall, it's only one game in the opposing teams rink, let's see what happens against pitt.

Would rather see Nash than Gaborik in front of the net on the PP. Suspect if Redden wasn't run out of town, Gaborik would be a prime amnesty target. 21 shots is not gonna cut it. As Gretzky says you fail to score on 100% of the shots you don't take. Seems the whole team, as they did too often in the playoffs, want to hold a prettiest pass competition. Suspect Tortarella knows all this better than anyone, and Lundquist was great. WOuld like to see the Rangers score enough to depend on him less.

Maybe there is too much pressure. How long before the Fire Torts gets going? Pens look great though. :)

They're gonna have to score more to have any chance. Watched most of the first 2 periods tonight and at points the Rangers' top 2 lines couldn't get it out of their end.Sense they depend of The King to bail them out way too much. Outshot again, and seemed once the Pens got ahead they coasted msot of the 2nd half of this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Teams are icing the puck without a 2nd thought because the Rangers don't shoot nor crowd the net even if they win the faceoff. For some reason every player coming to ths team for eternity comes to NY and decides they need to score off a pretty pass or make a great pass instead shooting or simply crashing the net. Nash is the latest.

Archived