East-West Shrine game

Greenseed4

East: First play of the game, heisman hopeful Colin Klein hands off to Ray Graham who fumbles the ball without being touched.

West: Mayock cannot stop talking about Christine Michael, starting RB from Tex A&M...says kid has all of the talent in the world but spent time in the doghouse after healing his ACL.

East: First play of the game, heisman hopeful Colin Klein hands off to Ray Graham who fumbles the ball without being touched.

West: Mayock cannot stop talking about Christine Michael, starting RB from Tex A&M...says kid has all of the talent in the world but spent time in the doghouse after healing his ACL.

He's been the buzz as far as backs go at practice all week. A lot of scouts are split on Stacy being the better all around back, but they admit that Michael has been tearing it up. None of these guys really seem like a day one (round 1) pick, but they'll make some teams happy in the second or could even sneak in at the bottom of the first like wilson did to the giants last year.

He's been the buzz as far as backs go at practice all week. A lot of scouts are split on Stacy being the better all around back, but they admit that Michael has been tearing it up. None of these guys really seem like a day one (round 1) pick, but they'll make some teams happy in the second or could even sneak in at the bottom of the first like wilson did to the giants last year.

You mean, Lacey? I think Lacey is the next big deal.

Dudes with girls names either turn out to be stud athletes ala Kelly Slater, Shannon Sharpe, Sandy Koufax, Gale Sayers, Connie Mack.... or sociopathic serial killers. Just curious, TomShane isn't a pseudonym for Thomasina by any chance??

Jackie Robinson, Lynn Swann, Fran Tarkenton, Marion Barber,

"Shaquille" looks girly

End of 1st Qtr: East:0 West:7

The Collin Klein lead East can't seem to get any rhythm going. He looks better than I would expect, but is a league back-up at best. The one time he ran with it he looked surprisingly like the other Collin playing on Sundays; I think it's his build.

West's starting QB, Doege (TexTech), has looked horrible. Little mobility, slight frame, no arm, no accuracy. They only scored because they were able to run the ball in from a redzone fumble.

I guess you can say it sucks that none of these QBs are of any interest to an NFL team. Matt Scott comes the closest, which isn't really close at all.

I'm not watching so any tidbits would be cool n sh*t.

Matt Scott has nice zip on his passes, and moves quick around the pocket. But he just called 2 timeouts, back-to-back because he's not used to calling plays in the huddle. Arizona State is doing its QBs a huge disservice if they're not preparing them for how to call plays in a huddle.

yes this kid looked good a think maybe a 3rd pick if we drop back to mid latte, looks fast and can catch

Didn't watch the EW Shrine game but C-Mike ran hard at times with A&M...pissed off the coaches...not just the injury...has a brother who also highly rated coming out of HS...told him he'd be better off going to LSU or some such...led to the doghouse...I'd be happy if he showed up in Green and White.

skill guys in this game that could help the Jets:

RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M (3 down back)

RB Kerwann Williams, Utah State (Scat back, KR)

WR Anthony Amos, Middle Tenn State (productive slot guy)

WR Corey Fuller, Va Tech (raw but possible #1)

de devin taylor, south carolina was a beast but tall might only be 4-3 end (like dion jordan)

skill guys in this game that could help the Jets:

RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M (3 down back)

RB Kerwann Williams, Utah State (Scat back, KR)

WR Anthony Amos, Middle Tenn State (productive slot guy)

WR Corey Fuller, Va Tech (raw but possible #1)

de devin taylor, south carolina was a beast but tall might only be 4-3 end (like dion jordan)

Michael looked the part, but something about him rubbed me the wrong way. At one point in the game he was seen taking water to his OL (after his running TD), and he just seemed disingenious. Dare I say thuggish. Like Mayock was saying, the kid has all of the talent in the world, but if he's not coachable, or willing to work on his craft he's not going the last in the league. I smell a Maurice Clarrett clone...and for what he was producing I would just stay away.

Kerwynn looked good as well. Reminds me of a some-what productive yet unspectacular player...I say his ceiling is Bilal Powell.

Fuller looked legit. Definitely passes the eye test.

Amos seemed super young, and he's pretty small...dime a dozen, in my book...and not exactly the best fit for a WCO with two smallish (slot-type) guys already on roster.

I would rather spend a 7th round pick on the Steelman QB (Army) who was playing some slot stuff, and running the wildcat. Mayock said he's already a special teams demon and has the build to be a safety if need be.

Taylor reminded me of Coples. Having two would def be better than one.

Michael looked the part, but something about him rubbed me the wrong way. At one point in the game he was seen taking water to his OL (after his running TD), and he just seemed disingenious. Dare I say thuggish.

the fact he did it is a good sign. trying is important, whether it's sincere or not. At one point he was a stud HS prep and best in the country type of skill set (Bryce Brown had a similar story with Philly).

forgot to mention the best players in the game were probably linebackers Sio Moore UConn and AJ Klein Iowa State. Klein is 245 and could play in Rex's D, mid round type. Moore is better but not a fit probably.

the fact he did it is a good sign. trying is important, whether it's sincere or not. At one point he was a stud HS prep and best in the country type of skill set (Bryce Brown had a similar story with Philly).

forgot to mention the best players in the game were probably linebackers Sio Moore UConn and AJ Klein Iowa State. Klein is 245 and could play in Rex's D, mid round type. Moore is better but not a fit probably.

Agreed on Sio. Matt Evans was all over the ball, and the local-based Catapano just didn't do it for me. Reminded me of a Jason Trusnik, Dave Ball type.

Archived