•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Francesa- "zero football people were involved in the interview process"

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 21,931 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Oh, good.

Business decision. Personnel matters where never discussed with Idzik. Also has never made any personnel decisions in Seattle.

Smart guy though. Has full control and has to have Rex for at least this season.

#2 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,626 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Oh, good.

Business decision. Personnel matters where never discussed with Idzik. Also has never made any personnel decisions in Seattle.

Smart guy though. Has full control and has to have Rex for at least this season.

You can say EVERY non GM on all NFL staffs didnt make 'decisions'/ The GM makes the final real decisions, not the staffees.
The staffs give input but GM makes call. Gee, this is silly and just Francessa stirring the pot.
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#3 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

NO changes in the worst personnel department in the league. Thats all you need to know.
Tank for Teddy.

#4 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

You can say EVERY non GM on all NFL staffs didnt make 'decisions'/ The GM makes the final real decisions, not the staffees.
The staffs give input but GM makes call. Gee, this is silly and just Francessa stirring the pot.

He wasnt even involved in personnel

#5 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,803 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Why does anyone still listen to franny?

#6 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

psst.. the owner and the team president are "football people".

your contention that personnel matters were never discussed is laughable.

#7 gangreenman

gangreenman

The Gamethread/chat Guy

• Members
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

So you're saying Woody is not a football person? This is news?

Who would Francesca rather be involved in the interview process... Rex? Bradway? Cmon.
Posted Image

ďThey asked what I was going to do in the off-season and I was like 'What do you mean, off-season?' Iím going to be at the facility...thatís my new home." - Mark Sanchez

#8 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

your contention that personnel matters were never discussed is laughable.

This wasnt my contention. This was through a NFL exec that called Mike immediately after the hire.

Woody and Glat arent football guys.

#9 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,529 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Why are you paying attention to him-he hates the Jets.
Idzik bio refutes that by the way
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#10 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

NO changes in the worst personnel department in the league. Thats all you need to know.

Changing the man in charge of the personnel department is a change to the personnel dept... no?

#11 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Changing the man in charge of the personnel department is a change to the personnel dept... no?

No, because he has no history of evaluating players and will have to rely on the same morons that Tannenbaum did.
Tank for Teddy.

#12 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,538 posts

Why does Bart Hubbuch's story of yesterday mention the Jets having Bill Polian sit in on some of the interviews? Though it's not clear he sat in on Idzik's.

Again, Idzik appears to have a wide-ranging resume of a lifetime devoted to football. Granted mostly it's adminstration, but he has been involved in scouting a\nd coaching.I would've preferred Ross or Gamble but I can at least be fair and wait and see. Veal Fatcessa has been mostly right out the dysfunction of the Jets, but it's clear he would have a problem with whomever the Jets hired.

Edited by Bugg, 20 January 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#13 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

what is Idziks personnel background?

Watching football?

#14 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

This wasnt my contention. This was through a NFL exec that called Mike immediately after the hire.

Woody and Glat arent football guys.

So they talked about Lance Armstrong, the Notre Dame dudes fake gf, and global warming?

#15 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

So they talked about Lance Armstrong, the Notre Dame dudes fake gf, and global warming?

Maximizing profit Id imagine.

#16 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

No, because he has no history of evaluating players and will have to rely on the same morons that Tannenbaum did.

It's been widely reported that Tanny often ignored his teams recommendations. Many times they felt like their voices weren't heard. Russell Wilson is only the latest example.

#17 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Why does Bart Hubbuch's story of yesterday mention the Jets having Bill Polian sit in on some of the interviews? Though it's not clear he sat in on Idzik's.

Again, Idzik appears to have a wide-ranging resume of a lifetime devoted to football. Granted mostly it's adminstration, but he has been involved in scouting a\nd coaching.I would've preferred Ross or Gamble but I can at least be fair and wait and see. Veal Fatcessa has been mostly right out the dysfunction of the Jets, but it's clear he would have a problem with whomever the Jets hired.

Not if they had hired Gamble who was the best candidate BY FAR for this job. Why didn't any other team even attempt to Interview Idzik for any other GM job?

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Tank for Teddy.

#18 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Maximizing profit Id imagine.

lol.. and don't you think fielding a SB contender is the quickest way to maximize profits? I don't think they talked about the parking lot.

#19 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

lol.. and don't you think fielding a SB contender is the quickest way to maximize profits? I don't think they talked about the parking lot.

The Jets clearly arent trying to build a SB contender with the personnel decisions over the past two years.

#20 F.Chowds

F.Chowds

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Who give flying f!@# what this jerkoff has to say about this team. It is obvious to a blind man that he has a agenda. 2nd I trust what a guy like Tony Dungy has to say about his player personnel acumen over that doosh bag

aid Tony Dungy, who coached the Bucs from 1996-2001: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York. He is extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. From a coach's perspective, he was great to work with because he was so knowledgable but was also a good listener. John is a high-quality person and the Jets are very fortunate to have him."

Edited by F.Chowds, 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#21 dbatesman

dbatesman

John Idzik Jizz Patrol

• Members
  • 8,591 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

lolwut

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#22 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 22,337 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Oh, good.

Are "football people" ever involved in the GM hiring process on any team? The GM is usually the top "football person" in any franchise. The owner and/or team president are always involved in hiring the GM.

All of the "football people" in the organization are going to work for the GM. When are underlings ever involved in the hiring process of their boss?

Basically, Francessa described how the hiring of a GM works for any team but couched it in negative terms he know would anger Jets fans who never have anything but a kneejerk response to anything he says anyway.

Nothing to see here.
PatriotReign37, on 10 Sept 2014 - 10:56 AM, said: Oh the ironing.

#23 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Who give flying f!@# what this jerkoff has to say about this team. It is obvious to a blind man that he has a agenda. 2nd I trust what a guy like Tony Dungy has to say about his player personnel acumen over that doosh bag

aid Tony Dungy, who coached the Bucs from 1996-2001: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York. He is extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. From a coach's perspective, he was great to work with because he was so knowledgable but was also a good listener. John is a high-quality person and the Jets are very fortunate to have him."

Dungy is a complete moron. Anyone he says should be ignored either way.
Tank for Teddy.

#24 Matt39

Matt39

• Members
  • 21,931 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Are "football people" ever involved in the GM hiring process on any team? The GM is usually the top "football person" in any franchise. The owner and/or team president are always involved in hiring the GM.

All of the "football people" in the organization are going to work for the GM. When are underlings ever involved in the hiring process of their boss?

Basically, Francessa described how the hiring of a GM works for any team but couched it in negative terms he know would anger Jets fans who never have anything but a kneejerk response to anything he says anyway.

Nothing to see here.

How do you hire a guy and not even bring up the actual game? He doesnt have any personnel experience and now he's in charge of personnel? Doesnt add up.

The Jets feel like the Knicks.

#25 Pac

Pac

shark jumper

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

lolwut

in the literal sense they are.

if Rex sat in on every meeting you guys would have committed seppuku.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users