Francesa- "zero football people were involved in the interview process"

Matt39

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, good.

Business decision. Personnel matters where never discussed with Idzik. Also has never made any personnel decisions in Seattle.

Smart guy though. Has full control and has to have Rex for at least this season.

You can say EVERY non GM on all NFL staffs didnt make 'decisions'/ The GM makes the final real decisions, not the staffees.

The staffs give input but GM makes call. Gee, this is silly and just Francessa stirring the pot.

You can say EVERY non GM on all NFL staffs didnt make 'decisions'/ The GM makes the final real decisions, not the staffees.

The staffs give input but GM makes call. Gee, this is silly and just Francessa stirring the pot.

He wasnt even involved in personnel

psst.. the owner and the team president are "football people".

your contention that personnel matters were never discussed is laughable.

This wasnt my contention. This was through a NFL exec that called Mike immediately after the hire.

Woody and Glat arent football guys.

Why does Bart Hubbuch's story of yesterday mention the Jets having Bill Polian sit in on some of the interviews? Though it's not clear he sat in on Idzik's.

Again, Idzik appears to have a wide-ranging resume of a lifetime devoted to football. Granted mostly it's adminstration, but he has been involved in scouting a\nd coaching.I would've preferred Ross or Gamble but I can at least be fair and wait and see. Veal Fatcessa has been mostly right out the dysfunction of the Jets, but it's clear he would have a problem with whomever the Jets hired.

This wasnt my contention. This was through a NFL exec that called Mike immediately after the hire.

So they talked about Lance Armstrong, the Notre Dame dudes fake gf, and global warming?

No, because he has no history of evaluating players and will have to rely on the same morons that Tannenbaum did.

It's been widely reported that Tanny often ignored his teams recommendations. Many times they felt like their voices weren't heard. Russell Wilson is only the latest example.

Why does Bart Hubbuch's story of yesterday mention the Jets having Bill Polian sit in on some of the interviews? Though it's not clear he sat in on Idzik's.

Again, Idzik appears to have a wide-ranging resume of a lifetime devoted to football. Granted mostly it's adminstration, but he has been involved in scouting a\nd coaching.I would've preferred Ross or Gamble but I can at least be fair and wait and see. Veal Fatcessa has been mostly right out the dysfunction of the Jets, but it's clear he would have a problem with whomever the Jets hired.

Not if they had hired Gamble who was the best candidate BY FAR for this job. Why didn't any other team even attempt to Interview Idzik for any other GM job?

lol.. and don't you think fielding a SB contender is the quickest way to maximize profits? I don't think they talked about the parking lot.

The Jets clearly arent trying to build a SB contender with the personnel decisions over the past two years.

Who give flying f!@# what this jerkoff has to say about this team. It is obvious to a blind man that he has a agenda. 2nd I trust what a guy like Tony Dungy has to say about his player personnel acumen over that doosh bag

aid Tony Dungy, who coached the Bucs from 1996-2001: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York. He is extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. From a coach's perspective, he was great to work with because he was so knowledgable but was also a good listener. John is a high-quality person and the Jets are very fortunate to have him."

Oh, good.

Business decision. Personnel matters where never discussed with Idzik. Also has never made any personnel decisions in Seattle.

Smart guy though. Has full control and has to have Rex for at least this season.

Are "football people" ever involved in the GM hiring process on any team? The GM is usually the top "football person" in any franchise. The owner and/or team president are always involved in hiring the GM.

All of the "football people" in the organization are going to work for the GM. When are underlings ever involved in the hiring process of their boss?

Basically, Francessa described how the hiring of a GM works for any team but couched it in negative terms he know would anger Jets fans who never have anything but a kneejerk response to anything he says anyway.

Nothing to see here.

Who give flying f!@# what this jerkoff has to say about this team. It is obvious to a blind man that he has a agenda. 2nd I trust what a guy like Tony Dungy has to say about his player personnel acumen over that doosh bag

aid Tony Dungy, who coached the Bucs from 1996-2001: "John Idzik was a big part of our success in Tampa and I believe he'll do a great job in New York. He is extremely bright and he knows talent. He's been around football all his life and he understands what it takes to win in the NFL. From a coach's perspective, he was great to work with because he was so knowledgable but was also a good listener. John is a high-quality person and the Jets are very fortunate to have him."

Dungy is a complete moron. Anyone he says should be ignored either way.

Are "football people" ever involved in the GM hiring process on any team? The GM is usually the top "football person" in any franchise. The owner and/or team president are always involved in hiring the GM.

All of the "football people" in the organization are going to work for the GM. When are underlings ever involved in the hiring process of their boss?

Basically, Francessa described how the hiring of a GM works for any team but couched it in negative terms he know would anger Jets fans who never have anything but a kneejerk response to anything he says anyway.

Nothing to see here.

How do you hire a guy and not even bring up the actual game? He doesnt have any personnel experience and now he's in charge of personnel? Doesnt add up.

The Jets feel like the Knicks.

What football guys were supposed to be sitting there? The ones everyone want fired?

Good question. They brought in the firm to assist in the search because they know they know nothing, too.

The idea that personnel matters weren't discussed is completely and totally laughable. The man was given complete control of the 53 man roster, but they didn't discuss personnel. Yeah, okay.

And yes, Fatcessa is a tool. He lives to piss people off, and you keep going back for more.

He wasnt even involved in personnel

oh stop. he was in pesonell in tampa for several years before making rise to asst gm. He was somewhat involved in seattle per the Hawks GM.. You want a pure scout as GM for gods sake? This guy has a nice mix of skills, which Tanny DIDNT have. He was 100% business side whole career. idzik a player, a coach, pesonell in Tampa ,and business side w/Zona/Seattle. Nice mix.

Matt39 is boning Francesa suddenly. This is a great thread.

This isnt Francesa's opinion. He's recanting what went down in the meeting.

Woody, Korn Ferry and Neil Glat arent football people. It isnt concerning they didnt bring up personnel philosophy at all?

What football guys were supposed to be sitting there? The ones everyone want fired?

Good question. They brought in the firm to assist in the search because they know they know nothing, too.

The idea that personnel matters weren't discussed is completely and totally laughable. The man was given complete control of the 53 man roster, but they didn't discuss personnel. Yeah, okay.

And yes, Fatcessa is a tool. He lives to piss people off, and you keep going back for more.

exactly, this is pure BS. Of course they talked personel in form of 'how will u assemble personell organization, approach to draft etc etc

Archived