Francesa- "zero football people were involved in the interview process"

Matt39

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have preferred a guy who made his way up through the personal/scouting dept, that being said, I have no idea how this will work out cause I have no idea about this Idzik cat. Mainly came here to say I think Klacko and Pac would defend the Jets had they hired teh Falcon to be their next GM, it's funny how you can predict people opinions on new topics before you even read their post.

But the question is, could teh falcon fit a GM's schedule in between the rehab for his multiple ACL surgeries and starting the best Jets forum on the internet??

Well I guess you are rooting for the wrong team, cause Woody isnt going anywhere.

Do I like Woody as an owner? No. But, the Jets are the team i root for, therefore, I will sit back and wait to see how this plays out before I jump to conclusions and say Woody hired the wrong guy.

Me, you, nor the great Mike Franseca were in the interview and we have no idea about who is and who isnt qualified for the job. All we have is what is posted on the internet.

There is also a great deal of difference between being able to impress an MBA in an interview and bring able to pick good football players.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

In Seattle, New Jets GM John Idzik was a supporter of QB Tarvaris Jackson, whose price tag fits into what cap-strapped Jets could afford.

OH TERRIFIC!!!

Glazer is the guy generally funneling info to Mike so...

Again, who could possibly be the source for this story?

Did Woody, Glatt, or Idzik leak to Glazer that personnel wasn't discussed during two interviews to fill the Jets GM job?

I get hating Woody and the Jets, but this story is BS.

Beware the football people. Beeewaaare.

http://a6.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/026/Purple/41/6d/03/mzl.xwcqxjca.jpg

It seems like the offseason devolves into hysterics over catchphrases earlier every year.

We get your perspective, too. Picking the players doesn't matter, and coaching the players doesn't matter. Any random collection of football players can turn themselves into a great team if they feel like it.

There is also a great deal of difference between being able to impress an MBA in an interview and bring able to pick good football players.

In Seattle, New Jets GM John Idzik was a supporter of QB Tarvaris Jackson, whose price tag fits into what cap-strapped Jets could afford.

OH TERRIFIC!!!

LOL. The Seahwaks GM broought jackson to Hawks from Vikes to reunite with Viking Darrel Bevell, not Idzik, LOL. He was 3rd in command for Gods sake.. So all the Seahawks, GM, carrol etc were a supporter of Jackson . This is getting comical.

Jackson officially signed a two-year contract with Seattle Seahawks on July 29, 2011[30] and was announced as the starting quarterback shortly after.[31] In Seattle he had been reunited with Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell and Wide Receiver Sidney Rice both members of the Vikings during his time there. Along with wide receiver Mike Williams, Jackson was appointed to offensive team captain, which was previously owned by Matt Hasselbeck, who signed with the Tennessee Titans. Despite having a below-average year compared to other quarterbacks in the league, Jackson had the best year of his career, finishing with 3,091 yards passing, throwing 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. During the off-season, the Seahawks acquired former Green Bay Packers quarterback Matt Flynn and drafted Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson to compete with Jackson for the 2012 starting quarterback position.

The difference between you and me is that you think Woody Johnson and his stooges with no history of success in any area are competent to pick a great GM (while keeping all the people who built this garbage roster in place because it was all Mike T's fault.) I don't.

Garbage is being easy on these guys. 6-10 is a HISTORICALLY bad team, and 8-8 in 2011 was showing all the signs. It's only science.

I'm optimistic about Idzik. I think he'll bring a professionalism that just wasn't there under Boy Bean-Counter. For the first time since Parcells left, accountability might actually return to the building. I think he'll surround himself with good people and hold them to a standard, as opposed to hiring clowns and then leaking to the papers that everyone else is a clown. If anyone's been paying attention, you'll notice that all the mystery leaking has stopped since Tannenbaum was fired.

OH TERRIFIC!!!

Well according to you, Idzik never made a personnel decision or had a hand in any football-related moves, so why is it that you'd believe this??

I'm optimistic about Idzik. I think he'll bring a professionalism that just wasn't there under Boy Bean-Counter. For the first time since Parcells left, accountability might actually return to the building. I think he'll surround himself with good people and hold them to a standard, as opposed to hiring clowns and then leaking to the papers that everyone else is a clown. If anyone's been paying attention, you'll notice that all the mystery leaking has stopped since Tannenbaum was fired.

Thomasina, stop being positive. It's freaking me out. However, I agree.

Well according to you, Idzik never made a personnel decision or had a hand in any football-related moves, so why is it that you'd believe this??

LOL.

Agree. Yet IF the current Seattle GM was available for Jets to be hired folks would jump at him. He made call on jackson (at darrel bevells request), not idzik, LOL

I think everyone here has a level of PTSD from how inept Tannenbaum was, and now we're all freaked out by any GM that looks remotely like him on a résumé. Tannenbaum was a buffoon whose teams lucked into a few playoff wins. Idzik would have to have multiple strokes to be as incompetent as Tannenbaum was as a manager and leader.

Maybe Woody Johnson isn't the complete moron incompetent he's looked like the last 10 years. I doubt it.

NO, he absolutely is an incompetent moron; Herman Freaking Edwards? . But that doesn't preclude Idzik being successful. He may have gotten this one right.

And again, as to Francesa, Hubbuch said Bill Polian was part of this.He hasn't denied that, and the jets haven't disavowed that. What his exact role was remains to be seen. May be neither he nor the Jets want to talk about it. But if you look in the dictionary next to "football people" there is almost certainly a photo of Bill Polian.

oh stop. he was in pesonell in tampa for several years before making rise to asst gm. He was somewhat involved in seattle per the Hawks GM.. You want a pure scout as GM for gods sake? This guy has a nice mix of skills, which Tanny DIDNT have. He was 100% business side whole career. idzik a player, a coach, pesonell in Tampa ,and business side w/Zona/Seattle. Nice mix.

Tanny was 100% CAP! He wasn't even a true business guy. There are a lot of responsibilities for a GM and this guy has excelled at almost all of them. I have no idea how much he knows about personnel evaluation. Why do reporters say all this stupid stuiff how much do they know about the internal workings of all these organizations. They are full of crap. They are stirring the pot themselves. It is one thing to kill a guy who has sucked before your eyes, but to kill him based on assumptions is BS. let the man come in and get some of his people in here. Sll these "anonymous" executives talking to the media---give me a break.

I hope this is true. But the players have all left, so any player sources aren't around. It would be good if Tanny and Pettine were the ones that were media friendly. Since they are both gone a move in the direction of professionalism for the Jets would be a good thing. A welcome change, lol....

Archived