•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Tavaris Jackson??! Are you freakin kidding me??!

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 CobraVerde

CobraVerde

Taunting TGG Authority

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Sheftner is linking us to him cause he's in our price range and apparently this Seattle guy is all about him... Seriously do these people even watch the same games we do?? If this happens I will seriously flip the f out. For that we keep Sanchez..I mean the fact that it's even being talked about is embarrassing...I didn't know he was even in the league...omg...
Posted Image
http://www.soundcloud.com/pmcrw
http://www.friendsinsquareplaces.com

#2 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#3 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,733 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

exactly Slats. Thank you for looking at this long term.
This is exacltly right. IF jackson (or some other cheap free aganet) comes it will only be to transition until teh drfated QB we will get is ready. only pre req for FA QB is he can run Martys WCO so 2013 can be year we implement the WCO playbook and the OL, TE, WRs, RBs get a year playing it.

Edited by SouthernJet, 20 January 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#4 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

They are MUCH better off drafting a QB in the mid rounds this year and starting him than going with a retread like Jackson.
Tank for Teddy.

#5 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

They are MUCH better off drafting a QB in the mid rounds this year and starting him than going with a retread like Jackson.

So why not do both? And then, like Seattle, they can decide to start the rookie if he looks like the better option.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#6 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

So why not do both? And then, like Seattle, they can decide to start the rookie if he looks like the better option.

Because Jackson sucks and has no upside.
Tank for Teddy.

#7 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

How do we dump the salary? I will be shocked if Woody eats the salary cap hit on Sanchez.

#8 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Who's on your list of potential Jets' QBs in 2013?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#9 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,533 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Only to a delusional homer would this sound like a competent thing to do. It's desperate at best, and not a move a true Football Man would be rumored to maybe be considering.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#10 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,445 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

I don't think much of mid round or lower qb's. Wilson notwithstanding, if you need a qb and you think the man is there, grab him with your first pick, the hell with it.

If a mid round qb you drafted for insurance turns out to be the real deal, great. But don't count on it, it doesn't happen that often.

This year it looks like a man to build around might not even be in the draft, so do an alternative until next year if you must.

#11 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Who's on your list of potential Jets' QBs in 2013?

Matt Moore, Mike Vick and Matt Flynn.
Tank for Teddy.

#12 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

How do we dump the salary? I will be shocked if Woody eats the salary cap hit on Sanchez.

My personal opinion is that Sanchez has to go. What's the better use for $8.25M? Spending it on a QB who sucks, has no confidence in himself, and who the team has no confidence in? A guy whose very presence is a negative? Or nothing?

I'll be pretty pleased if Idzik comes in and makes the hard financial choices this season, freeing up maximum cap room in 2014.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sanchez > Jackson

#14 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,650 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Step off

Sheftner is linking us to him cause he's in our price range and apparently this Seattle guy is all about him... Seriously do these people even watch the same games we do?? If this happens I will seriously flip the f out. For that we keep Sanchez..I mean the fact that it's even being talked about is embarrassing...I didn't know he was even in the league...omg...

Step off the ledge. He's linked to us for exactly the same reason that Vick and Matt Flynn have been linked to us; our new GM and OC were connected to them in the past. Until you hear Idzik mention Vick, Flynn or Jackson himself, this is purely conjecture by Schefty.

Edited by BroadwayJoe12, 20 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#15 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

He's actually shown flashes of competence during his career, but yes, he's a scrap heap pick.

But if there is nobody in the draft worth building around, don't go down a false alley and try to build around the best available if you don't really think he is that good. Grab a retread, wait for next draft to get your 10 year starter.

#16 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

He's actually shown flashes of competence during his career, but yes, he's a scrap heap pick.

But if there is nobody in the draft worth building around, don't go down a false alley and try to build around the best available if you don't really think he is that good. Grab a retread, wait for next draft to get your 10 year starter.

There are better backup QB's around the league to go get than Jackson. A lot of them.
Tank for Teddy.

#17 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,173 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

My personal opinion is that Sanchez has to go. What's the better use for $8.25M? Spending it on a QB who sucks, has no confidence in himself, and who the team has no confidence in? A guy whose very presence is a negative? Or nothing?

I'll be pretty pleased if Idzik comes in and makes the hard financial choices this season, freeing up maximum cap room in 2014.

Oh I agree. I just don't see us making that kind of statement. My thought was Sanchez deserved up to week 8 of year 4 and that was it if no improvement was shown. Even when you factor in how bad he was handled it is still time to move on for both his sake and the teams sake.

I just would be shocked to see us cut him.

#18 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Matt Moore, Mike Vick and Matt Flynn.

All better options than Jackson, but also all far more expensive. That can't be ignored when we have cap issues. None of the guys we aim to bring in will be the future of the franchise, so does it really matter WHICH terrible QB we bring in to steal the job from Sanchez?

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#19 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

All better options than Jackson, but also all far more expensive. That can't be ignored when we have cap issues. None of the guys we aim to bring in will be the future of the franchise, so does it really matter WHICH terrible QB we bring in to steal the job from Sanchez?

Yes, those guys are +3-4 wins over Sanchez or Jackson. Unless we're tanking next year...

Edited by unbanmadmike1, 20 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.

Tank for Teddy.

#20 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Okay, but you don't want to get one so good that you run into the Kitna situation, where the guy is just good enough for you to stick with him even though he's limited.

#21 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,266 posts

Nah, dude. Sounds great and all, but in practice it can't happen. #1. Sanchez is better than Tavaris Jackson...no matter how fed up we all are with him. #2. "dumping" MS and his insane salary/contract is not a possiblitity. NO one is going to try to re-tread Sanchez for that price...and no one is going to pay a backup that kind of money. So, we have to pay him. Cutting him for the sake of cutting him and eating his salary and then paying a worse option to come in and fill the roster spot...there just isn't any way to make the move positive. Addition by subtraction doesn't even work. We're against the cap and we have to pay for Tanny's idiocy regardless. All we can do is get a vet minimum guy or a draftee at draftee pay to come in and hopefully beat him out for starting QB ala Russel Wilson. Otherwise you grin and bear it and hope for the best. In Tanny we trust, my ass.

#22 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,112 posts

and whats the chance we're going to get even a decent QB drafted after the 1st round? So many bums. A Russel Wilson or Tom Brady doesnt make a trend.

We're f#cked unless we get a real franchise QB. Only way to ensure that is 3 or less wins. Whatever QB it takes to get 3 or less wins and Im ok with it.
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#23 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,740 posts

Yes, those guys are +4-5 wins over Sanchez or Jackson. Unless we're tanking next year...

Why not? Wouldn't this be for the best? 90 % of Jets fans would be fine with Rex getting fired and having a high draft pick just in time for a better QB draft class. We all know that unless we get extremely lucky at the QB position we're going nowhere in 2013.

Idzik is probably going to cut ties with as many bad contracts as he can and start from scratch. He has that kind of amnesty in Year 1 of his tenure to the point where a lousy season won't put him at any risk of losing his job.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 January 2013 - 01:25 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#24 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

The worse the quarterback play is in 2013, the better it is for the franchise long term.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#25 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Why not? Wouldn't this be for the best? 90 % of Jets fans would be fine with Rex getting fired and having a high draft pick just in time for a better QB draft class.

I don't think it's realistic to expect them to do this...
Tank for Teddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users