Tavaris Jackson??! Are you freakin kidding me??!

CobraVerde

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson is terrible, I'd almost have Sanchez start.

You should go and see how Nacho Fumblestein performed in the past season.

Tavaris Jackson or Matt Moore are not long term solutions. But they can be good and cheap interim solutions for a salary cap squeezed team with no starting QB and very limited talent. Given the QB class this draft I do not want JETS to draft a 1st round QB this draft and instead focus on adding some talent at other positions.

If the team decides to keep Sanchez (which I think they will) then Sanchez really has to be lights out in training camp to get the job back.

You should go and see how Nacho Fumblestein performed in the past season.

Tavaris Jackson or Matt Moore are not long term solutions. But they can be good and cheap interim solutions for a salary cap squeezed team with no starting QB and very limited talent. Given the QB class this draft I do not want JETS to draft a 1st round QB this draft and instead focus on adding some talent at other positions.

Don't lump Moore and Jackson together.

Matt Moore would be the best QB on the:

Jags Henne is probably just as good. Plus they have Gabbert

Chiefs likely will draft someone

Jets

Bills Fitzpatrick is better and lots of money there

Cardinals maybe. Don't see it though

Eagles Foles is better.

Vikings Ponder. Duh.

Raiders they spent a lot of money and picks on Palmer.

and Titans. Locker will continue to get time and he's shown flashes

He'll get one of those jobs.

Are you Matt Moore?

Because they are completely different levels of player. Jackson can't crack the active roster of a team with 2 bad QB's and Moore would start for at least 10 teams in the league.

Garard got injured and Moore still got beat out by Tannehill.

But that apart what if the JETS are not able to sign Moore. If he is really that got a QB there is going to be competition for his services.

What do you do then ? Who do you sign ?

Garard got injured and Moore still got beat out by Tannehill.

But that apart what if the JETS are not able to sign Moore. If he is really that got a QB there is going to be competition for his services.

What do you do then ? Who do you sign ?

They drafted tannehill and they think he's their QB of the future so of course he started. If they can't get Moore I'd look at Matt Flynn and Vick next.

I'd rather have the guy off the roster to remove the distraction. I don't want any chance of him seeing the field, even as an injury replacement. He brings nothing to the table, and would ESPECIALLY make a terrible backup. What does he have to teach a young QB? The proper way to wipe a booger on a fellow QB? How to sulk on the sidelines when things go wrong?

Would we seriously pay $8.5 million to a 3rd-string QB?

Well the thing is, it isn't about what we want unfortunately. :)

If he gets beat out and they are comfortable with McElroy as the # 2 I could see them cutting him at the end of camp. Him on the bench could be a distraction. But they are going to give him the opportunity to get his job back.

I'm not sure I understand why the over-reaction. It is January. The season hasn't even ended. There are going to be a lot of speculations about what the Jets are going to do this off-season to fix a myriad of problems. If half the fanbase is going cuckoo's nest over the first rumor, then what the heck is it going to be like in March-April?

Well the thing is, it isn't about what we want unfortunately. :)

Obviously, but it sounded to me like you were saying you were OK with Sanchez being here as long as there was "competition" for him. That's not the way I see it. Sanchez is done here. There can be no competition. Why waste a roster spot on him when we can be bringing in multiple QB's?

I want to see something like this:

Hasselbeck/Moore/other top 25 veteran QB

2nd-4th round draft pick

McElroy

Hell, draft 2 QB's and either cut McElroy or roster 4. Its worth a shot.

But they are going to give him the opportunity to get his job back.

Why? This is what I don't understand. The guy cost Tanenbaum, Sparano, and Cavanaugh their jobs. Making decisions on how we use players based entirely on money is what has gotten us into this mess. I would hope Rex has learned his lesson, and that newcomers Idzik and Marty have a say on that. New regimes always mean new QB's.

Why? This is what I don't understand. The guy cost Tanenbaum, Sparano, and Cavanaugh their jobs. Making decisions on how we use players based entirely on money is what has gotten us into this mess. I would hope Rex has learned his lesson, and that newcomers Idzik and Marty have a say on that. New regimes always mean new QB's.

Why would you give Rex the chance to f#ck up another quarterback?

Cutting Sanchez after June 1 actually saves the Jets $500k or so over keeping him. It's not financially impossible to make that move. Not at all. My thinking is that the Jets are better off without Sanchez no matter who starts for them next year. I'm sure they'll bring in a vet before the draft simply to replace Tebow, and also to compete with Sanchez for the starting job. If they follow that up by drafting a QB in the first three rounds, I don't think there's any guarantee that Sanchez is still on the roster to start the season.

Because I don't think Rex Ryan f***ed up our quarterback. I think he got f***ed by the quarterback.

The Jets fvcked Sanchez, and Sanchez returned the favor.

The hope here should be that Mornhinweg knows something about developing a QB, and that Rex won't be interfering with that process.

Archived