Tavaris Jackson??! Are you freakin kidding me??!

CobraVerde

Why? This is what I don't understand. The guy cost Tanenbaum, Sparano, and Cavanaugh their jobs. Making decisions on how we use players based entirely on money is what has gotten us into this mess. I would hope Rex has learned his lesson, and that newcomers Idzik and Marty have a say on that. New regimes always mean new QB's.

There are a lot of things that I don't understand. But Woody is going to ask the new GM and offensive staff to give his highly paid QB a look before dumping him. If they come to the same evaluation, he will be gone. But not a second before.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? This is what I don't understand. The guy cost Tanenbaum, Sparano, and Cavanaugh their jobs. Making decisions on how we use players based entirely on money is what has gotten us into this mess. I would hope Rex has learned his lesson, and that newcomers Idzik and Marty have a say on that. New regimes always mean new QB's.

And it is in everyone's best interest for Sanchez to rebound. I am not saying it can or will happen. But a Sanchez resurgence makes this all a lot easier. Again, I am not waiting up for it. Just saying that there will be lots of due diligence here.

And it is in everyone's best interest for Sanchez to rebound. I am not saying it can or will happen. But a Sanchez resurgence makes this all a lot easier. Again, I am not waiting up for it. Just saying that there will be lots of due diligence here.

Resurgence to what? He was never even a league average starter.

There are a lot of things that I don't understand. But Woody is going to ask the new GM and offensive staff to give his highly paid QB a look before dumping him. If they come to the same evaluation, he will be gone. But not a second before.

There's no chance Sanchez sees another contract as a Jet. He's on the roster to cash checks next year while Idzik works out the transition plan for the post-Rex/post-Sanchez Era. Both are Dead Men Walking.

There's no chance Sanchez sees another contract as a Jet. He's on the roster to cash checks next year while Idzik works out the transition plan for the post-Rex/post-Sanchez Era. Both are Dead Men Walking.

Barring a perfect storm like the 09 stretch run....even then Idzik may say adios to the two of them.

They both have a shot though. That is my point.

Resurgence to what? He was never even a league average starter.

Drew Brees sucked for 3 years, then blossomed. Eli Manning sucked for four years, Phil Simms sucked/was injured for four years, Jim Plunkett sucked for years and was cut by his college coach Bill Walsh, Rich Gannon sucked for years.

I have no idea if Sanchez will ever be effective, but as long as you have a new OC coming in who has done good things with QBs, you might as well have him give Sanchez a look.

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

If they club two baby seals, push an old dude on a walker down stairs, steal candy from a baby and this results in Sanchez being off the Jets? I'm ok with that too.

I say draft collin kleine in rnd 2. Hes a dual threat qb that should be better than jackson. stay away from vick hes injured all the time. let kleine compete with sanchez g mac and even tebow if hes still here in camp.

Dude Colin Klein looked absolutely horrible last week in the East-West Shrine Bowl. He does not look like an NFL QB to me. Doubt he is drafted before the 6th.

I say draft collin kleine in rnd 2. Hes a dual threat qb that should be better than jackson. stay away from vick hes injured all the time. let kleine compete with sanchez g mac and even tebow if hes still here in camp.

that is a terrible idea. If jets are WCO, a Zack Dysert would be pretty good for the offense. Also, sean renfree from Duke. Both will need to sit atleast a year before being able to start. Renfree more so.

Dude Colin Klein looked absolutely horrible last week in the East-West Shrine Bowl. He does not look like an NFL QB to me. Doubt he is drafted before the 6th.

at this point in their careers, there's more upside to Klein...Jackson is a pile o' poo....

A 2nd on Klein? Why not just use our 1st? Or even trade up to get him

My personal opinion is that Sanchez has to go. What's the better use for $8.25M? Spending it on a QB who sucks, has no confidence in himself, and who the team has no confidence in? A guy whose very presence is a negative? Or nothing?

I'll be pretty pleased if Idzik comes in and makes the hard financial choices this season, freeing up maximum cap room in 2014.

Am I missing something ? How exactly do we dump Sanchez Salary ? Thought it was guaranteed ? I say go to **** next year with Sanchez and begin making preperations for a QB run the following year.

I am amazed how everything sucks to everyone. You are spot on. Bank on Jackson coming here. Idzik had him in Seattle and Lee had him in Buffalo. He's mobile has a strong arm played through injury in Seattle. You could do a lot worse. Not sure they dump Sanchez- competition. Worse case scenario : Sanchez-Jackson-Mccelroy

Am I missing something ? How exactly do we dump Sanchez Salary ? Thought it was guaranteed ? I say go to **** next year with Sanchez and begin making preperations for a QB run the following year.

You can't dump the salary, but you can dump Sanchez. If the team decides that the $8.25M is better spent on having Sanchez off the roster, rather than having his moping overpaid ass on the bench, they actually save a couple bucks by letting him go after June 1.

But they'd have to make that decision.

I think the Jets should be adding two QBs this offseason. One reasonably priced FA, and one mid-high draft pick. If they add those QBs, and like them thru mini-camps, they could make the move to get Sanchez gone.

Will they do it? Probably not. I imagine they'll take one more run at making him functional under new coaching. But they can if they want.

If the jets eat the 8.25 they can trade him. His hit to the team that trades for him would be less than 3M...

You can't dump the salary, but you can dump Sanchez. If the team decides that the $8.25M is better spent on having Sanchez off the roster, rather than having his moping overpaid ass on the bench, they actually save a couple bucks by letting him go after June 1.

I think the Jets should be adding two QBs this offseason. One reasonably priced FA, and one mid-high draft pick. If they add those QBs, and like them thru mini-camps, they could make the move to get Sanchez gone.

Will they do it? Probably not. I imagine they'll take one more run at making him functional under new coaching. But they can if they want.

If the jets eat the 8.25 they can trade him. His hit to the team that trades for him would be less than 3M...

got news for both of you...... this is not happening. There will be discussion within the Jets organization as to whether the current cast thinks Sanchez is salvagable based on the trash they surrounded him with there is always the possibility they think they can fix him. No matter how much people hate Sanchez the Jets will not just dump 8.25 mil in the toilet which probably means Holmes is back as well. I dont like either scenario but this is not about what we want its about what the current guys now in place want to do.

got news for both of you...... this is not happening. There will be discussion within the Jets organization as to whether the current cast thinks Sanchez is salvagable based on the trash they surrounded him with there is always the possibility they think they can fix him. No matter how much people hate Sanchez the Jets will not just dump 8.25 mil in the toilet which probably means Holmes is back as well. I dont like either scenario but this is not about what we want its about what the current guys now in place want to do.

Holmes isn't part of the problem though. I can't see them attempting to sell another season of Sanchez to the fans, it's not happening.

Holmes should fit into a pass heavy WCO very well. Sanchez will not be let go - he has at least one year left either as a starter or a backup. Just feel Tavares Jackson will be on this team - suppose to be a great guy and suits the WCO to some degree. They can't spend too much on another QB because of Sanchez's $$$ this year.

Just have a feeling they won't draft a QB this draft unless there is an obvious no brainier in front of them. Sanchez, a bargain free agent and McElroy

Archived