Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jets Hire David Lee As QB Coach: MERGED

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The guy who invented the gimmick wildcat and who did a miserable job in buffalo last year.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

Oh sh*t.....I guess were keeping teblow

Posted · Report post

you hate the jets and everything they do sux

we get it

Posted · Report post

The guy who invented the gimmick wildcat and who did a miserable job in buffalo last year.

Firstly, he most certainly did not invent the wildcat, so let's just get that out of the way quickly. Secondly, he has 37 years of coaching experience and the only thing you can point out is last year in buffalo?? I mean c'mon man, you've got to at least put a little more effort into it than just this.

Posted · Report post

Firstly, he most certainly did not invent the wildcat, so let's just get that out of the way quickly. Secondly, he has 37 years of coaching experience and the only thing you can point out is last year in buffalo?? I mean c'mon man, you've got to at least put a little more effort into it than just this.

He's the guy who developed the wildcat with the dolphins.

Posted · Report post

Quick glance: He's actually got a likable background. None of this QB coach of U of Pitt nonsense.

Connected to the Parcells tree.

Posted · Report post

I'm somewhere in the mindset of QB coach = Hitting Coach. Whatever.

Posted · Report post

He's the guy who developed the wildcat with the dolphins.

He brought it to the Dolphins yes, but that had absolutely zero bearing on his developing QBs on the roster. This is basically akin to saying, because Marty Mornihweg runs the ball sometimes, he has no idea how to develop a passing attack. Lee has been credited for retooling Romo's mechanics, helping Penny with his during the year he won the comeback player award and Fitzy as well. I know nothing about the guy, other than I remember hearing his name during a few SEC games a while back while he was OC at Ole Miss, but to discredit him just because he was extremely innovative back in 2008, where he won all sorts of coaching awards, seems a bit ridiculous.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. <3 u

Posted · Report post

Didn't he build the Mannings?

Posted (edited) · Report post

From scraps

I heard he also sheds his skin once a year and like an alligator can fully digest a turtle shell

Edited by SayNoToDMC

Posted · Report post

Ok no matter what the Jets do you want to tear it down before you give them a chance-

Posted · Report post

I heard he also sheds his skin once a year and like an alligator can fully digest a turtle shell

Link?

Posted · Report post

Link?

Source = lennay kekua

Posted · Report post

No problems with this hire. Lee seems to have a good track record and Cavanaugh is gone. What's not to like?

Ok no matter what the Jets do you want to tear it down before you give them a chance-

That's because every single thing they've ever done in my lifetime amounts to failure. I just like to get out in front of it.

Edited by SayNoToDMC

I am searching my memory for the names of those Arkansas elite QBs he produced. Does Malette belong tohim? He almost played yesterday. A guy famous for a gimmick offense is not necessarily the one you want to school your QB. But hey, we had Cavanagh, the ghost coach. Anything is better than that.

Edited by jack48

Posted · Report post

Technically, Ryan Fitzpatrick did a miserable job last year... just like he did the year before without Lee, no?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, there are about 3-4 hitting coaches in MLB that make a difference every year for their teams. The rest are guys filling a role to varying levels of inconsequence.

Posted · Report post

Quick glance: He's actually got a likable background. None of this QB coach of U of Pitt nonsense.

Connected to the Parcells tree.

Players gotta make plays.

Posted · Report post

From scraps

LMAO

Posted · Report post

Basically a longtime QB Coach as opposed to a Coordinator. QB Coach is his plateau and he accpets it at this point I assume. Marty is going to teh innovator/gameplan guy anyways so getting a pure QB coach is OK I guess.

Posted · Report post

that was David Cutcliffe

Posted · Report post

Basically a longtime QB Coach as opposed to a Coordinator. QB Coach is his plateau and he accpets it at this point I assume. Marty is going to teh innovator/gameplan guy anyways so getting a pure QB coach is OK I guess.

Pretty sure he had a few spurts of being an OC in college, but definitely predominately a QB guy. From what I've read, he played QB in college and has been a pretty good mechanics guy. I could care less as I don't really know the type of impact these guys actually have; but from all accounts, it seems like a decent hire.