Jets Hire David Lee As QB Coach: MERGED

unbanmadmike1

The guy who invented the gimmick wildcat and who did a miserable job in buffalo last year.

Firstly, he most certainly did not invent the wildcat, so let's just get that out of the way quickly. Secondly, he has 37 years of coaching experience and the only thing you can point out is last year in buffalo?? I mean c'mon man, you've got to at least put a little more effort into it than just this.

Firstly, he most certainly did not invent the wildcat, so let's just get that out of the way quickly. Secondly, he has 37 years of coaching experience and the only thing you can point out is last year in buffalo?? I mean c'mon man, you've got to at least put a little more effort into it than just this.

He's the guy who developed the wildcat with the dolphins.

He's the guy who developed the wildcat with the dolphins.

He brought it to the Dolphins yes, but that had absolutely zero bearing on his developing QBs on the roster. This is basically akin to saying, because Marty Mornihweg runs the ball sometimes, he has no idea how to develop a passing attack. Lee has been credited for retooling Romo's mechanics, helping Penny with his during the year he won the comeback player award and Fitzy as well. I know nothing about the guy, other than I remember hearing his name during a few SEC games a while back while he was OC at Ole Miss, but to discredit him just because he was extremely innovative back in 2008, where he won all sorts of coaching awards, seems a bit ridiculous.

I am searching my memory for the names of those Arkansas elite QBs he produced. Does Malette belong tohim? He almost played yesterday. A guy famous for a gimmick offense is not necessarily the one you want to school your QB. But hey, we had Cavanagh, the ghost coach. Anything is better than that.

I'm somewhere in the mindset of QB coach = Hitting Coach. Whatever.

Yeah, there are about 3-4 hitting coaches in MLB that make a difference every year for their teams. The rest are guys filling a role to varying levels of inconsequence.

Basically a longtime QB Coach as opposed to a Coordinator. QB Coach is his plateau and he accpets it at this point I assume. Marty is going to teh innovator/gameplan guy anyways so getting a pure QB coach is OK I guess.

Pretty sure he had a few spurts of being an OC in college, but definitely predominately a QB guy. From what I've read, he played QB in college and has been a pretty good mechanics guy. I could care less as I don't really know the type of impact these guys actually have; but from all accounts, it seems like a decent hire.

Pretty sure he had a few spurts of being an OC in college, but definitely predominately a QB guy. From what I've read, he played QB in college and has been a pretty good mechanics guy. I could care less as I don't really know the type of impact these guys actually have; but from all accounts, it seems like a decent hire.

oh ya a OC a few times, but has his 'fame' as qb coach and parcells viewed it that way also :)

The Manning brothers always talked about what a great teacher Lee is. So what if he used the Wildcat at some point? He looked at his available talent and came up with an (at the time) effective way to move the ball. The Jets desperately need more teachers on offense. It's no coincidence that every player we draft on that side never improves--McKnight, Sanchez, Hill, Keller, etc.

The Manning brothers always talked about what a great teacher Lee is. So what if he used the Wildcat at some point? He looked at his available talent and came up with an (at the time) effective way to move the ball. The Jets desperately need more teachers on offense. It's no coincidence that every player we draft on that side never improves--McKnight, Sanchez, Hill, Keller, etc.

it was david cutcliffe and he is the HC at Duke. He does have a QB coming out who I would like the Jets to draft for development. Sean Renfree.

Would Sanchez be considered and OLD dog at this point?

Archived