All Brady does is throw 5 yard passes

Matt39

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so Lloyd had 1 big season 3 years ago, and for the rest of his career has essentially been a below average receiver and certainly not a deep threat, and you are on here saying he's one of the top deep threatrs in the league?

GTFO with this BS..

He's been injured for most of his career. But when healthy yes, he's always been a solid deep threat, with his apex coming in 2010 when he was superb and the best in the league at doing it. That's the only way he's ever been used, so the argument that they don't currently have a deep threat on the roster is flat out wrong.

The fact that he's not Randy Moss is irrelevant to the discussion. He was brought in with the express purpose of keeping defenses honest with the threat of a deep ball.

As far as deep threats for the Pats....let them overpay and under utilize Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings.

I do not disagree with your point. Llyodd was signed for 3 years-12 million so it is not like it is a salary cap killer.

I just have trouble seeing a deep threat being much of a factor when Gronk and Hernandez are locked up for the foreseeable future. Whether Welker or Edelman resigns will be seen, but the Patriots attack the middle. Dropping a huge contract on Wallace would be a waste.

Hall of Famer Chiefs QB Len Dawson got hit with this comment (dink and dunker) his whole career.

Quick dump off passes, benefited from great Defenses, great coach staff etc etc.

It is what it is. Whatever system the coaches tell you to run you either do it bad, average, well or great.

Jerry Rice has said the short route slant WCO system allowed him to utilize his best skills (YAC). Rice knew he wasnt a deep route guy but his skills came for early separation at LOS and then being one the best YAC WRs ever to play.

FYI, Holmes a good YAC guy also if the QB leads him perfectly on the slant.

I do not disagree with your point. Llyodd was signed for 3 years-12 million so it is not like it is a salary cap killer.

I just have trouble seeing a deep threat being much of a factor when Gronk and Hernandez are locked up for the foreseeable future. Whether Welker or Edelman resigns will be seen, but the Patriots attack the middle. Dropping a huge contract on Wallace would be a waste.

Right even if they let Welker go...Brady will throw it to Edelman a ton in the same role.

Yes, but unlike the Jets' receivers, the Pats WRs actually catch the ball and run downfield with it. As much as I hate to say this, comparing the Jets to the Pats is like comparing the Mets to the Yankees. If the Yankees lose in the World Series or the ALCS, their season is considered a failure, but if the Mets finish with a .500 record, it's considered a success. The Pats are perennial contenders year after year, although they have lost two SBs and a few AFCCGs and not to mention three SBs in the past decade under Brady.

Although I did attach a pic for your amusement...

images.bmp

He's a short to intermediate thrower because that's what works for him. But currently we're seeing that a couple of deep throwers in Flacco and Kaepernick are headed to the Super Bowl. Eventually you need to launch it. If Lloyd isn't a deep threat guy and the problem is LACK of deep threat guys, the Patriots need to bring in one to keep defenses honest.

Otherwise, I think its fair to say Brady has lost his touch on the deep throws, and its hurt him when it comes to the postseason.

So now Brady has to have the absolute best deep threat of all-time or a guy is worthless? I stand by that the guy was the best deep threat in 2010 because you can't compare guys in a vacuum. He had an awful QB and put up huge numbers. But even if I acquiesce and say he was merely a top 5 deep threat, that doesn't prove you to be correct.

You said he's NEVER played with another deep threat. Lloyd absolutely is one. That's literally the only way Lloyd has ever been used; as a deep threat. If he sucks at it now, well too bad, but he was brought in for that purpose.

You are wrong.

Neither of these posts or worth responding to.

Archived