Carazy mock.

SenorGato

Trade:

Cromartie to the Packers for pick 23 and their third.

FAs:

Scott/Pace/Barwin whoever is cheaper

Felix Jones RB

Make Phillips the next Landry signing

Resign Keller, Slauson, Bell

Tavaris Jackson QB

Draft:

1: Mingo DE/OLB

1: Cooper OG UNC

2: Dysert QB Miami of Ohio

3: Fuller CB VT

3: Porter DE/OLB Texas A&M

4: Lattimore RB South Carolina

5: Williams TE Alabama

6: Patton WR Louisiana Tech

7: Hopkins K FSU

Cromartie to the Packers for pick 23 and their third.

The Packers don't do stuff like that, Cromartie is not returning a first and a third in your wildest dreams, and we don't want to trade Cromartie anyway. The pass defense is the only thing we have to rebuild on. Why do you think we're taking an end in the first round when the offense is a dumpster fire?

The Packers don't do stuff like that, Cromartie is not returning a first and a third in your wildest dreams, and we don't want to trade Cromartie anyway. The pass defense is the only thing we have to rebuild on. Why do you think we're taking an end in the first round when the offense is a dumpster fire?

Agreed on the first part Packer dont operate that way but who's going to be available on offense worthy of the 9th overall pick?

A #1 CB is worth a first round pick easy, and Cromartie is locked up into a fair price. Packers have a weak secondary, he's still young, and the CB class is pretty mediocre. I don't think it would break any pretend rules they have, but projecting trades always sucks.

Right now the top of this draft is defense heavy, and Mingo has the upside of an impact pass rusher.

A #1 CB is worth a first round pick easy, and Cromartie is locked up into a fair price. Packers have a weak secondary, he's still young, and the CB class is pretty mediocre. I don't think it would break any pretend rules they have, but projecting trades always sucks.

It doesn't matter that there is zero factual support for what you claim is the going rate, because you can just say it's worth it, easy. It doesn't matter that Green Bay hasn't traded a first round pick since probably Favre, because you can just call it a pretend rule. I guess you win.

Vontae Davis went for a second less than a year ago without ever posting a top 20 season as a CB. Cromartie's now got two-three seasons as a top 10 with ~1.5 as a top 5 guy.

Pretend rule is right, but there's plenty of team's that need CB help anyway. They are just one of the options if the Jets went that way.

Vontae Davis went for a second less than a year ago without ever posting a top 20 season as a CB. Cromartie's now got two-three seasons as a top 10 with ~1.5 as a top 5 guy.

Cromartie is four years older than Davis and makes ten times as much. Do you want to go back to the kids' table and argue about playcalling? Is that what you want?

Greene and Powell are different runners. Jones is a different runner when healthy as he's more a big play threat than either. Plus he's a young vet with some upside, not a ton of wear and tear, and he won't break the bank.

Powell, Jones, and Greene are all 5'10'' and within 20 pounds of each other. They all run the same way, mostly between the tackles. There is a reason Jones was supplanted by Murray because he is faster and the game breaker, not Felix Jones. If you want a young vet with upside who can catch the ball out of the back field and break a few big gains without breaking the bank, then Justin Forsett would be the guy I want. Forsett has no injury history, Jones is never healthy.

Cromartie is four years older than Davis and makes ten times as much. Do you want to go back to the kids' table and argue about playcalling? Is that what you want?

"4 years older" puts him in his late 20's as a premium athlete at a position where plenty of low 30's former premium players still have strong seasons. He's also a significantly better player.

Do you think a first round pick is an impossible return on Cromartie?

20 pounds is a lot of weight. It's the difference between a 230 pound RB and a 210 pound RB.

Murray supplanted Jones because Jones kept getting hurt and fell off. Jones is the faster player, Murray is the larger player.

Forsett has some talent and there has been a small cult developed here for him since he was once rumored to be on their radar. I wouldn't complain, same kind of move but Jones has had the better past.

At best you can land a 3rd for Cro. That team is taking back an $8.5 mil base salary in which they have to pay as well as a 29 year old CB. Also Cro doesn't fit every scheme, he's a bump and run guy. Davis was valued that high during a period in which free agency and the draft pasted. The market was very scars. Bet that deal wouldn't have turnout that way if it was March or April. Same with the Carson Palmer trade.

What was Cromartie's original trade value? Were the Jets bamboozled into giving up a second?

What does a horseshoe do? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me? That Cromartie isn't worth a first rounder now doesn't mean he wasn't worth a second when he was three years younger and making relative peanuts.

any thoughts on Dysert's small hands? (senior bowl measurements)

I know everyones looking for QBs but this crop is stinky.

on the other hand the WR crop is super deep. tons of interesting mid round names. quinton patton you have him going in rd 6, he's a fast 40 away from rd 2.

What does a horseshoe do? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me? That Cromartie isn't worth a first rounder now doesn't mean he wasn't worth a second when he was three years younger and making relative peanuts.

As a lesser player. He's only a little over a year older than Abraham was when traded, and less made of glass. Maybe trade him in a rare player trade then. Cromartie for Brock Osweiler or something more realistic. I can't buy that a higher end player who's big knock is a cap hit and being all of 29 is only worth a 3rd rounder, particularly at a valuable position like CB. If that's the price then the Jets are better off not trading him, which is....Ah.

quinton patton you have him going in rd 6, he's a fast 40 away from rd 2.

Patton's pretty dirty. Called him the best WR you haven't heard of on NFLDC last night.

Archived