Quarterbacks with connections to Marty Mornhinweg and David Lee

jetscanes331

So despite the highly distractive media nightmare and after spending the money and the picks and tailoring an offense that works to his skill set - WHEN he goes down or just can't make it work - how much further are we away from respectability then we were before making that silly decision?

So despite the highly distractive media nightmare and after spending the money and the picks and tailoring an offense that works to his skill set - WHEN he goes down or just can't make it work - how much further are we away from respectability then we were before making that silly decision?

You don't need to tailor the offence for him. He isn't Tebow and who cares about the media, he can play if he's healthy.

The least the author could have done was put a little footnote at the bottom explaining all the HOF and or solid QBs these two worked with who are no longer in the league or unavailable. I get the point of the article, but with such a sensitive fan-base they should have known better than to put this out there without some sort of "step off the ledge" closing paragraph.

All these articles are pointless. And saying Marty worked with Steve Young is pointless. Young was 37 years old. Sometimes just being associated with a name doesn't suddenly make you a better coach. It just means you got lucky. I'm sure there were plenty of assistant to assistant coaches who talked to HOF QBs and use that on their resume as some BS.

Fans sometimes get too sucked into their own teams and don't think outside the box. The Eagles offense has fallen off the face of the earth over the past few seasons. Marty was present for the demise of McNabb, Kolb, Vick, etc. If Marty were with the Jets over the past 6 seasons, people would be going crazy. But hey, Marty worked with a 37 year old Steve Young 15 years ago so why not.

I hope he does well, but people are grasping at straws thinking Marty is some QB and OC genius.

Archived