Wes Welker's wife blasts Ray Lewis then apologizes

faba

Last year it was Tom Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, who made headlines after she was caught on camera responding to hecklers about her husband after the Super Bowl.

This year, it's Brady's wide receiver, Wes Welker, whose wife made the news.

Anna Burns Welker turned to Facebook shortly after the Ravens beat the Patriots on Wednesday, and took a few shots at Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

She posted:

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

Ouch. That is some Grade-A, high-quality sarcasm from Mrs. Welker.

On Monday, though, she apologized.

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

Riiiiiiight. . .

The apology isn't a shock, as the post caught fire before Welker is set to hit free agency, but it would have been refreshing if instead she came out on Monday and told everybody how she wasn't sorry at all.

They'll be plenty of other people praising Ray Lewis for the next two weeks.

****. Why apologize? You're telling the truth.

Ray Lewis is self absorbed scum bag.

Seriously, I may hate the Patriots and was certainly rooting my ass off for the Ravens on Sunday, but the endless line of media members waiting to suck Ray off has gotten really unbearable. The guy is a complete piece of sh*t and they're acting like he's God's greatest gift to us all. Screw him.

Seriously, I may hate the Patriots and was certainly rooting my ass off for the Ravens on Sunday, but the endless line of media members waiting to suck Ray off has gotten really unbearable. The guy is a complete piece of sh*t and they're acting like he's God's greatest gift to us all. Screw him.

Cant stand him. Great player, even bigger DBag.

OH LET ME CENSOR MYSELF WHAT I SAID WAS MEAN SORRY WORLD I WAS MEAN DONT WANT TO BE MEAN WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO NOT BE OFFENDED AND I OVERSTEPPED THE CONSTITUTION I GROVEL BEFORE YOU ALL FOR FORGIVENESS!!

THOUGH WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE IT WAS MEAN SORRRY SORRY SORRY SORRRY SORRY SORRY JUST PLEASE DON'T ALTER MY LIFESTYLE FOR THIS INDISCRETION.

She posted:

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

...says the former Hooters waitress.

Not that I want any of my future children following Ray Lewis's personal choices about murders and white suits, but you know, glass houses and all that.

I think shes right,good for her.But since were talking honestly here,someone should remind her that her husband has dropped some big passes over the last couple of years that could of changed the whole complexion of the game.Some of them were killers!But as usual **** the Patriots!Hate them more than the Jankees.

Archived